Carroll, Wilson, plus Lockett to Atlanta Falcon

toffee

Reaction score
Pete still wants to coach, Wilson probably will be released and still wants to play, Lockett may be available for trade.

Atlanta Falcon, the perfect reunion destination?

Wilson could be had at vet minimum upon released? That is $1.2mil, cheaper than a rookie. Lockett can still play some, and he understood Wilson. Wilson isn't Wilson without Lockett, and Angry before Lockett.

The Falcon on offense:
  1. OL
    They have a star guard in Linstrom (PFF 87.6), three good tackles in McGray (75.5), Matthews (71.2), and Norton (68.3), and a star center in Dalman (82.3). That is much better than OL of Hawks or better than Broncos.
  2. Running
    Allgeier (82.6) and Robinson (69.1), with Allgeier a good pass blocker (PFF 90.3 in pass blocking)
  3. WR
    Drake London (78.9), he is tall WR 6.4" 213lbs, perfect to play with Lockett.
  4. TE
    Pitts (68.1) was a first rounder,
On defense:
  1. Safety
    Bates III (90.6) a star?
  2. Edge
    Campbell (80)
  3. DI
    Onyemata (83.3) and Jarrett (70.1)
  4. CB
    Terrell (74.6) and Alford (70)
  5. The Falcons finished 12 defense in 2023, better than the Hawks.
The Falcons could be that team just need a QB and some help in LB to be a contender? .

Falcon, a swan song?

Last edited:

PhxPhin

Reaction score
Could be interesting, especially with them picking 8th and having an extra pick in the 4th & 6th

Blank seems like he likes to be around the team and everything, but not super involved with the running it

The division doesn't have a current force in it either

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Could be interesting, especially with them picking 8th and having an extra pick in the 4th & 6th

Blank seems like he likes to be around the team and everything, but not super involved with the running it

The division doesn't have a current force in it either
And Falcons have very good run defense, their offense is short of one piece - QB.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
There is a world of difference between wanting to continue to coach the team you love and have led for over a decade and moving ot a new team and learning how to best fit all the pieces together. If Pete was considering a new HC role I think he would have parted ways with Seattle completely so he can choose where he goes and on what terms.

If I am wrong and Pete does take on a HC in Atlanta or elsewhere I could see him taking Lockett with him but he wouldn't touch Wilson with a 10 ft pole.

I also doubt Wilson would want to work for Pete again. He forced the Seahawks to chose between him and Pete because Pete wouldn't let him cook. Maybe the fiasco with Hackett has made him realise his limitations but I doubt it.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Wilson tried to get Pete fired before Pete traded him. I doubt Pete would return to Wilson.

Pete has said that he never holds grudges against players. For whatever that is worth.

I feel like it's more likely that Russ wouldn't play for Pete again.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
If not Wilson, Geno will do too. Just that Geno may be more expensive, Wilson would be vetmin, not sure about Geno. If your QB only cost $1.2mil (courtesy of Broncos), plenty of cap to sign pass rusher and corners, two weaknesses on Flacon defense.

Seahawker

Reaction score
The half eaten Dangerwich has been thrown in the garbage, taken to the curb, picked up by the dump truck & run over several times by the bulldozer at the dump. But hey, continue the speculation.
Please John, no more short QB's.

keasley45

Reaction score
I dont think it's crazy to think Pete will want to jump back into coaching immediately to prove to all the doubters that he still has it. He's ultra competitive. You coukd see that last year when he made it his mission to show what the offense could do without Russ and took every opportunity to emphasize how good his new guy was at doing the things Russ wasn't.

I think there's a side of Pete that would love to play Seattle and win.

Whether he will do it? I don't know. I think Russ would be down for it though. Lockett? Not sure. I think he's close to a wrap.

PhxPhin

Reaction score
I absolutely think Pete will be looking to coach again and soon.

I put zero stock into the exercise position. I think it was a nice offer and a nice talking point, but no one can really define exactly what that means. I could see him taking something as a last resort to stay attached to the game, but I could just as easily see him going back to media.

An executive position in Seattle would be rough because he's very close to what will be rapidly evolving - it's difficult to see sunshine come in and reshape a team and culture that you built

He's very much a relationship person. I think having Russ fly up on short notice into a situation that probably wasn't personally comfortable meant something to him. I think Pete seeing Russ reconnect with Sherm and some of the others touched him.

I also think he washed a lot of good animosity away by competing and winning that first game last year.

If Russ, and I mean Russ directly and not his "team" came to Pete and was honest and said that he'd want to compete and prove to the league he still has it - that would resonate.

My question would be if Russ would be willing to risk the narrative that even if it works, he could only function under Pete and was a system product - I think that is the biggest potential hangup

Pete would take Geno in an instant and that could be a good bridge as well.

This is all a bit of off-season gossip and ultimately unrealistic for every component, but makes an interesting what if

jeremiah

Reaction score
Pete still wants to coach, Wilson probably will be released and still wants to play, Lockett may be available for trade.

Atlanta Falcon, the perfect reunion destination?

Wilson could be had at vet minimum upon released? That is $1.2mil, cheaper than a rookie. Lockett can still play some, and he understood Wilson. Wilson isn't Wilson without Lockett, and Angry before Lockett.

The Falcon on offense:
  1. OL
    They have a star guard in Linstrom (PFF 87.6), three good tackles in McGray (75.5), Matthews (71.2), and Norton (68.3), and a star center in Dalman (82.3). That is much better than OL of Hawks or better than Broncos.
  2. Running
    Allgeier (82.6) and Robinson (69.1), with Allgeier a good pass blocker (PFF 90.3 in pass blocking)
  3. WR
    Drake London (78.9), he is tall WR 6.4" 213lbs, perfect to play with Lockett.
  4. TE
    Pitts (68.1) was a first rounder,
On defense:
  1. Safety
    Bates III (90.6) a star?
  2. Edge
    Campbell (80)
  3. DI
    Onyemata (83.3) and Jarrett (70.1)
  4. CB
    Terrell (74.6) and Alford (70)
  5. The Falcons finished 12 defense in 2023, better than the Hawks.
The Falcons could be that team just need a QB and some help in LB to be a contender? .

Falcon, a swan song?
Bring DangerRUSS back to Seattle. Dude is a stud....and I am not joking. His problem was Carroll, and bad coordinators.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Sometimes it's just a good idea not to post until after you come down from your high.
Without Russel at QB, Pete is a .500 Coach. It surely wasn't PC. They had a good Defensive draft, Schneider was Executive of the year, and RW was a stud. Nobody cried and wished Russ would stay on, but PC? Come on, in 2016 if he was fired, maybe he gets on with the Chargers or something. That's neither here nor there, but Russel was more important that Pete ever was. He got lucky, right place right time.

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't see PC to the Falcons. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.