Carroll, Wilson, plus Lockett to Atlanta Falcon

pmedic920

Reaction score
I don't see PC to the Falcons. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
I’m thinking the Chargers is the obvious place for him.
Not making a prediction but I think LA is a perfect fit.

Lol, this alert popped on my phone as I was pecking out this post.

Attachments

• IMG_2713.png
    IMG_2713.png
    463.6 KB · Views: 6

GemCity

Reaction score
Pete dumped Wilson,, I doubt Wilson would return to Pete.
JS dumped Wilson and would’ve 3 years earlier had Pete not intervened.

I don’t have a source but I’ve read that theory a whole lot.

Which ofc, doesn’t mean diddly.

But I agree…it’s hard to picture that scenario.

Vesuve

Reaction score
As noted above by some:

Pete & Russ will never work together again.

chrispy

Reaction score
I've seen several places, including Gronk on TV, that BBelichick is the front runner for Atlanta.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
This is where John comes in and sells ice to eskimos
If lockett only has a year or two and russ would want to at least revamp his career and pete wanted to still coach and we still had control over at least most of the factors in play what would be the harm in trying to sell it sas a positive to all parties involved especially the falcons
We need draft capitol and more cap space
Every year you see a gm do something the rest of the league says wow about
To quote someone , I forget who , why not us

Rat

Reaction score
Lockett's value is probably like a 4th rounder. I'm not against trading him, I'm just saying don't expect a lot.

And about Mr. Benched-for-Jarrett-Stidham-With-Team-Still-In-Playoff-Contention possibly refusing to play for Pete, I'm reminded of an old adage about beggars and choosers.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Lockett's value is probably like a 4th rounder. I'm not against trading him, I'm just saying don't expect a lot.

And about Mr. Benched-for-Jarrett-Stidham-With-Team-Still-In-Playoff-Contention possibly refusing to play for Pete, I'm reminded of an old adage about beggars and choosers.
4th sounded about right, couldn't have been a 3rd if traded last year.

renofox

Reaction score
Lockett contract of $17.0M is the 16th highest WR salary, but his production is 35th. JS would have to eat some salary just to get a 4th. With the current cap situation, it would not be worth eating salary for a 4th. Renegotiate or release are really the only options.

I love Lockett and all he's done for the Seahawks, but an honest analysis without Seahawk goggles reveals that his value is quickly diminishing and his time is almost complete here.

flv2

Reaction score
Lockett contract of $17.0M is the 16th highest WR salary, but his production is 35th. JS would have to eat some salary just to get a 4th. With the current cap situation, it would not be worth eating salary for a 4th. Renegotiate or release are really the only options.

I love Lockett and all he's done for the Seahawks, but an honest analysis without Seahawk goggles reveals that his value is quickly diminishing and his time is almost complete here.
On Spotrac i'm seeing a $16.35M salary plus a $1.6M roster bonus. It was originally a $15.3M salary but he reached the 55 receptions, 800 receiving yards, or 8 TDs target that raises his base salary by $1.05M. $17.95M is the figure i've been using for some time.

renofox

Reaction score
On Spotrac i'm seeing a $16.35M salary plus a $1.6M roster bonus. It was originally a $15.3M salary but he reached the 55 receptions, 800 receiving yards, or 8 TDs target that raises his base salary by $1.05M. $17.95M is the figure i've been using for some time.
I default to OTC because they're usually more accurate. Looks like Spotrac won this time!

edit to add: OTC said "Additional details on incentives, escalators, and the option bonus due date are not readily available." Looks like Spotrac may be better for checking on escalators.

flv2

Reaction score
Lockett is obviously a good player but keeping him at that price isn't easy. I don't see any NFL team being willing to trade for that contract. It's hard to guesstimate his value as a FA. I think it's nearer $12M than $18M. I'd like to see a renegotiation that would see him finish his career as a Seahawks only player, but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

renofox

Reaction score
Lockett is obviously a good player but keeping him at that price isn't easy. I don't see any NFL team being willing to trade for that contract. It's hard to guesstimate his value as a FA. I think it's nearer $12M than $18M. I'd like to see a renegotiation that would see him finish his career as a Seahawks only player, but I wouldn't bet on it happening.
I think JSN and Lockett are redundant, especially since I'm sure a new OC will start using DK more. There's not enough targets in a game to feed 3 top WRs if you're USING YOUR TEs and RBs efficiently.

Feed DK and JSN, and use Bobo and Young as your 3rd/4th to fill out the targets. That's still more WR talent than most NFL teams.

Use some of that $18M to re-sign Williams and still have leftover. That's much more value than Lockett will add. It may even end up addition by subtraction with DK and JSN getting in the groove and exploding with more targets.

flv2

Reaction score
I think JSN and Lockett are redundant, especially since I'm sure a new OC will start using DK more. There's not enough targets in a game to feed 3 top WRs if you're USING YOUR TEs and RBs efficiently.

Feed DK and JSN, and use Bobo and Young as your 3rd/4th to fill out the targets. That's still more WR talent than most NFL teams.

Use some of that $18M to re-sign Williams and still have leftover. That's much more value than Lockett will add. It may even end up addition by subtraction with DK and JSN getting in the groove and exploding with more targets.
A solid plan. However the Seahawks are likely to lose at least 2 of their top 3 TEs and their top 2 RBs aren't players i'd plan to throw to more often. A good #4 WR is needed for rotation with an 11 personnel base offense.

renofox

Reaction score
A solid plan. However the Seahawks are likely to lose at least 2 of their top 3 TEs and their top 2 RBs aren't players i'd plan to throw to more often. A good #4 WR is needed for rotation with an 11 personnel base offense.
Both Bobo and Young have flashed enough to gamble on, IMO. And don't forget the Mighty Eskridge! He may be good for 5 or 6 receptions between injuries!

I think they still have Winston and White on futures. Throw in a late rounder and a few UDFAs, compete, and revert the leftovers to the practice squad.

flv2

Reaction score
Both Bobo and Young have flashed enough to gamble on, IMO. And don't forget the Mighty Eskridge! He may be good for 5 or 6 receptions between injuries!

I think they still have Winston and White on futures. Throw in a late rounder and a few UDFAs, compete, and revert the leftovers to the practice squad.
If Lockett goes you'd have to bring someone in, (probably a vet), to compete with Bobo as the #3 WR. Maybe 1 of the other young players, or a 2024 rookie, steps up and becomes a factor, but I wouldn't count on it. The passing attack was the strength of the 2023 Seahawks. It'll be interesting to see if a new HC prioritises this part of the team for changes. My best current guess is Smith and Lockett both go or both stay. Keeping 1 but moving the other would seem to be a bit of a fudge. It's probably just me. I expect changes at TE and on the O-Line. No real reason to link the QB and WR.

NINEster

Reaction score
I dont think it's crazy to think Pete will want to jump back into coaching immediately to prove to all the doubters that he still has it. He's ultra competitive. You coukd see that last year when he made it his mission to show what the offense could do without Russ and took every opportunity to emphasize how good his new guy was at doing the things Russ wasn't.

I think there's a side of Pete that would love to play Seattle and win.

Whether he will do it? I don't know. I think Russ would be down for it though. Lockett? Not sure. I think he's close to a wrap.

Oh isn't it ironic that Pete felt the need to take veiled shots at Wilson when he spent the first few seasons of Wilson's career defending him??

That's the kinda guy Wilson is....ungrateful. He basically created a rift in the team between defense and him, then abandoned the guy who championed his cause.