The most ideal next team for Russell Wilson

Aircrew

Reaction score
I was actually asking myself this question recently. What makes it difficult to predict is the yet unknown spin angle Team 3 will have to use to maintain their narrative and simultaneously cover for Russell's failures and deficiencies that oh-by-the-way undermine their narrative. Outside of a team just grasping at a name in desperation, there's no way Russ starts at QB in this league after the 2023 season. And I can't see his ego accepting a backup role somewhere. Quite the fall from grace.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids. RW would be perfect in that. The animated likeness of him, at least. That group talks about life all the time, and Russ could share about how he wanted to do a lot in life, but things didn't turn out that way, and how he's dealin' with it.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't know how contracts and extensions work, but wouldn't a new team be liable for his huge contract extension? I can't think of any team that would want that.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Anything is possible but wouldn't that defeat the entire purpose of offloading him?

No because the Donks would be paying to offload a cancer. That can pay dividends in the form of a locker room suddenly uniting as a team where right now, it's Russ and everyone else.

If I'm a Donk fan, I'd want the team to offload Russ at the earliest opportunity, even though it means taking a dead cap hit. Got to have a team that is cohesive. I'd prefer that over having Russ and the football team as two separate entities.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
What Broncos could do is bench Wilson, for three reasons:
  1. Avoid injuries.
  2. Opportunities to evaluate young QBs
  3. Less Wilson factors in the locker room
  4. Potential better drafting positions.
Bench him already.