The most ideal next team for Russell Wilson

toffee

Reaction score
It doesn't look like the relationship , personalities and XO wise, between Wilson and Payton is working, or will work to fruition. The ownership is looking at a rock and a hard place, but I believe they will side with Payton instead of Wilson. To all the 12s on dot net:

Name the most ideal next landing spot for Russell Wilson, somewhere his skill set and personality will be appreciated, somewhere there's an OC or HC that will work with him instead of trash him.

Any suggestions?

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
The only one I can think of being a possibility is the Packers if Jordan Love doesn't improve. Even then I'm not sure.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Maybe second base for the Rockies minor league team.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
That’s why retiring is not a bad option. It might be the best one. Seriously.

I tend to agree with this. I've seen a few fans on the Broncos board calling for him to be benched before he gets injured (and causing the guarantee to be paid out).

I don't see him starting for another team either. A known risk and too much water under the bridge.

keasley45

Reaction score
An ownership team for an NFL franchise. He's done after Denver. Everything he griped about having to put up with was removed for him. The OCs and coaches he said would make him better, he got. There's nowhere to go.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
RETIREMENT?! How can you fiends even suggest that?

Just over a year and a half ago, Wilson was saying he was planning to play another 10-12 years and win another three or four Super Bowls with the Broncos.

He hasn't said he needs to change those plans. He's just said "we" have got to work harder, do more film study, play better.

He's still got another 8-10 years after this season, plus (checking)... three or four Super Bowls to go.

Seriously, though, the Broncos should sit him because if he's injured, they're on the hook for yet another $37M. And if they cut him before the third day of the next league year, they've got $85M of dead money.
I think it speaks ill of my creativity that the only way that a guy who's disliked the Broncos since the Seahawks' days in the AFC West like me can imagine this whole situation being more entertaining is if The Teeth were still running the show for the Broncos.