Next destination for Russell Wilson?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Well, the latest media says the sticking point is 2025 and Beyond, and the guaranteed money.

A team might cough up 5m For 2025. After all, that’s what Sam Darnold and Trey Lance make. But 10, I doubt it

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score

"Optimism" 🤣

Remember the summer of 2017, when the Seahawks were bringing in all the crusty, worn-out veteran free-agent running backs for visits, and they ended up signing Eddie Lacy? I was livid that they hadn't yet understood something that even ESPN mediots knew by then: veteran running-back signings, especially running backs who are 27 or older, almost never work out, and it's better to go cheap with rookies.

That's about how I'd feel now if I were a Stealers fan reading that the team is talking to Russell Wilson. I mean, at least Wilson will be very cheap for a QB, but the chance of him suddenly turning into a good quarterback after three subpar seasons in a row is only better than my chance of winning the lottery because I don't buy lottery tickets.

Is Tomlin ready to commit the Stealers to playing what the Russellettes incorrectly derided as "Pete-ball" when we now know the correct name would have been "Russ-ball"? That's the only proven way to get positive value out of Wilson.

Well, the latest media says the sticking point is 2025 and Beyond, and the guaranteed money.

Color me shocked that an NFL team doesn't want to commit to multiple years and a bunch of guaranteed money for a QB who has looked well-over-the-hill for three seasons in a row now.

chrispy

Reaction score
Tomlin can handle him, but he doesn't want anyone to actually coach him. Pierce, in Vegas, is a rookie and Wilson will see him as a peer. ...just a player that's a little older. Warmer there too. Vegas fits his ego more than the Burgh. Working class would hate him in 3 weeks. Vegas fans turn over every Friday night and happy to pay just as much to watch a spectacular loss as a spectacular win. I predict Vegas. I also predict he won't last through their bye and I don't even know what week that is.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Tomlin can handle him, but he doesn't want anyone to actually coach him. Pierce, in Vegas, is a rookie and Wilson will see him as a peer. ...just a player that's a little older. Warmer there too. Vegas fits his ego more than the Burgh. Working class would hate him in 3 weeks. Vegas fans turn over every Friday night and happy to pay just as much to watch a spectacular loss as a spectacular win. I predict Vegas. I also predict he won't last through their bye and I don't even know what week that is.
Vegas would be perfect for your Wilson, why do you think he won't last past Raider's bye week?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Antonio Pierce has reportedly said he wants a young qb, and they draft at 13 So either nix or penis will be there.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Why call him “Penis”? Are you 12 years old? Please tell me spell check is doing that and you don’t actually think it’s humorous?

I’ve explained it before. It’s iPad autocorrect. I will just call them Bo and Mike from now on.

Anyway, at 13, they’ll likely get one of these cats, and Aidan o Connell now has the experience to hold the fort until they’re ready. Antonio Pierce does not want to be trapped into the situation of them owing JimmyG 11m, only voided because of peds. He won’t be offering Russ that kind of money.

chrispy

Reaction score
Vegas would be perfect for your Wilson, why do you think he won't last past Raider's bye week?
He'll have a tough time making it anywhere. Raiders are undermanned and under pressure. Pierce has a get-out-of-jail-free card when things get rough by jettisoning RCW. So he will. Also, that division won't get easier facing Broncos instead of Raiders. Payton's a better Coach than Pierce (as of today) and we know how that turned out. There are a dozen scenarios that predict RCWs demise, and only one that predicts his success. I just can't see Tom Brady coming back and playing well on his knees while disguised as Russ.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
He'll have a tough time making it anywhere. Raiders are undermanned and under pressure. Pierce has a get-out-of-jail-free card when things get rough by jettisoning RCW. So he will. Also, that division won't get easier facing Broncos instead of Raiders. Payton's a better Coach than Pierce (as of today) and we know how that turned out. There are a dozen scenarios that predict RCWs demise, and only one that predicts his success. I just can't see Tom Brady coming back and playing well on his knees while disguised as Russ.
Good points!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I foresee a bidding war for an opportunity to sign a starter-caliber QB on vetmin. Since all the bidders would be paying the same vetmin, would it be down to guarantee to start? office next to headcoach? use of owners' private jet? what else?

strohmin

Reaction score
"Optimism" 🤣

Remember the summer of 2017, when the Seahawks were bringing in all the crusty, worn-out veteran free-agent running backs for visits, and they ended up signing Eddie Lacy? I was livid that they hadn't yet understood something that even ESPN mediots knew by then: veteran running-back signings, especially running backs who are 27 or older, almost never work out, and it's better to go cheap with rookies.

That's about how I'd feel now if I were a Stealers fan reading that the team is talking to Russell Wilson. I mean, at least Wilson will be very cheap for a QB, but the chance of him suddenly turning into a good quarterback after three subpar seasons in a row is only better than my chance of winning the lottery because I don't buy lottery tickets.

Is Tomlin ready to commit the Stealers to playing what the Russellettes incorrectly derided as "Pete-ball" when we now know the correct name would have been "Russ-ball"? That's the only proven way to get positive value out of Wilson.

Color me shocked that an NFL team doesn't want to commit to multiple years and a bunch of guaranteed money for a QB who has looked well-over-the-hill for three seasons in a row now.
Didnt you hear? He had a great season last year with 26 td and 8 ints. Forget about the film, his total sacks or fumbles. He was better than Patrick Mahomes. Hes also a great team leader with all his positivity. The broncos ruined his career by give him all that money and power even though he was fat, out of shape and didnt play a single snap for them yet then taking it away when he didnt live upto his contract. However, watch out because he only cares about winning now to feel that "chill" of the trophy. Teams should be laying the red carpet out for him.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Why call him “Penis”? Are you 12 years old? Please tell me spell check is doing that and you don’t actually think it’s humorous?
He's probably a Duck fan upset that Penix went 3-0 vs them, and beat them twice in the same season, once for the conference championship.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It’s not 2024 that’s the sticking point. It’s 2025 And beyond where Russ will want a deal with guaranteed money. Something like a 20m per year for 2025 and 2026 with 10m guaranteed in 2025.

SuperSonic67

Reaction score
IMO he’s not getting anything past one year prove it vet minimum deal. A team would be stupid to give him more than that. He’s made this bed, now he gets to lay in it…

And if his tone deaf agent tries to get guaranteed money on a longer term deal (2-4 years), he’s in for a rude awakening.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
The crazy thing is his stats last year were respectable, but he brings so much drama teams are scared off. threw for 6 more TD's than Geno.

SuperSonic67

Reaction score
It’s the drama and ZERO self awareness that turns off coaches and teammates alike! I mean literally paying him massive amounts of money to leave lol. He must be absolutely unbearable

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Think about the headache Payton had in getting Russ to last years stats. Payton had to be on him all the time, just like Tomlin did.