Final Mock Prediction!

Seattle Person

Reaction score
This is my prediction on what the Seahawks will do. Although, trading down in the first round makes a lot sense – I have the team staying at #16 and picking the native pick. I just think the idea of potentially losing a really good player (blue chipper) is not worth an extra pick or two. Even though I love some of the players in the 2nd round, I rather have quality over quantity in this case. Especially in the first round. Especially if you don’t have a 2nd to maybe cover for the first round. I have the team tapping into two of the strongest position groups in the first 2 rounds. Simply because these guys are most likely BPA.

First Round #16: Troy Fautanu (OT):
I think he might be the best player on their board here. Can you really pass on Fautanu when he can potentially play either OT spots and/or either G spots. I honestly wouldn’t mind Quinyon Mitchell or Byron Murphy here at #16 either. Fautanu makes so much sense. He’s a Grubb guy and captures everything the new O.C is probably looking to establish to the line. Toughness, mean streak, technique, and skill set. You don’t know what you have in Abe Lucas (even though Schneider says Lucas will be ready next season). You still don’t really know about Charles Cross. 2 seasons from now, you can easily let Cross go from his rookie contract if he doesn’t progress into a top 10 LT. You let Fautanu take over or he can replace Lucas if the RT can’t make it back from injury or become ineffective. In the meanwhile, play him at either G spot and he’ll kick ass. With all of the QBs (4 to 5), all of the OTs (Alt, Fashanu, Mims, Latham, Fuaga), the WRs (Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas), Edges (Turner, Verse, Latu), plus mix in Bowers, Mitchell, Murphy and you can see a pathway to Fautanu who might turn some teams off because of his size. If Troy Fautanu goes then I still advocate to stay at #16 and pick a potential blue chipper.

3rd Round #81: Ja’Lynn Polk (WR): I know it sounds like a Huskies party but again I think Polk in the 3rd is probably too good to pass up. Some will advocate for OLine or DLine still. You already picked Fautanu to play one of the OLine spots and I don’t like the DLine options here as much as I like the UW wide receiver. Polk can do it all. He’s versatile because UW lined him up everywhere. He’s a hands catcher and a solid route runner. He can high point a ball, will block, and can take screens and handoffs. Why not a linebacker? Isn’t that a need? Trevin Wallace’s potential is someone I really like. However, being able to secure a player as talented as Polk overrides Wallace. Plus I think you can find a similar player in the later rounds to develop because you signed Baker and Dodson in the off-season. If Jonah Elliss is still around here then it will be a difficult decision for me. I also think Elliss at this point is too good to pass up. Ultimately, Tyler Lockett is most likely not going to be on the team within a year or two. Who knows what will happen with DK’s contract. I want to secure one of the best WR corps in the league with Metcalf, Lockett, JSN, Bobo, and Polk now. But we don’t need a WR early…I don’t care. Talent above everything.

4th Round: Seattle trades #102 for Houston’s #123 & #127: It may not be with Houston but I can see a trade down from the 4th round or even the 3rd round to net more picks. The #102 has a trade value of 92. The #123 & #127 has a trade value of 94. It makes sense and although some might want a trade down earlier, I think this is where it happens. I believe the 4th round is the sweet spot for some of the positions of need for starting caliber players that need a little bit of refinement. Having 3 picks here in the 4th is huge in my opinion. Picking two 4ths and adding a 5th would be ok too.

4th Round #118: Jordan MaGee (LB): This is going to be the upset here. Many folks would want LBs like Colson, Wallace, Cooper, Wilson in the 2nd or 3rd rounds but I actually think MaGee with some development is not very far off from those guys. He’s a lighter LB like Patrick Queen and figures to be a WILL LBer in the NFL. At Temple, he called the plays for the defense and made sure players lined up at the right spots. He is a former QB. He has solid speed and coverage ability. He knows how to blitz and get to the QB. That is a must for a MacDonald led defense. I want him to learn the system and take over within a year or two while at the same time develop his body to match the rigor of the NFL.

4th Round #123: Tanner McLachlan (TE):
There are TEs with higher upside like Theo Johnson and maybe Ja’Tavion Sanders. There are more athletic TEs around this range like Tip Reiman. However, I just can’t shake what I saw in McLachlan’s tape. His ability to move and settle in zone coverages is really tempting to me. Even though Noah Fant is well paid and Pharoah Brown is the backup – I just don’t feel good about Brown being the main TE if Fant gets injured. Enter McLachlan, who I think is super underrated as a route runner and player in general. He’s not a beast in the run game but I think he can become a real weapon at TE. He has flashes of Travis Kelce to him. Grubb likes to disguise and use his TEs in very creative ways. McLachlan has the skill set and versatility for this system.

4th Round #127: Dominique Hampton (SAF): Hampton is a really good safety with the versatility, athleticism, and length to really appeal to MacDonald. He lined up everywhere at UW. He covered TEs, Slot WRs, and Outside WRs. He played single high and double high. He can blitz and tackle. He’s being overlooked and underrated. People are going to say we still need to add to the OLine and maybe we do. However, we drafted Olu Olu and Athony Bradford last season. We signed Nick Harris this offseason to be a backup. I added Troy Fautanu in the first round. The players in this 4th round are just too good for me to pass up. Malik Mustapha and Kitan Oladapo are other safetys I like but the former lacks size and the latter lacks speed. Hampton is the best of both worlds.

6th Round #179: Eric Watts (EDGE): Macdonald’s scheme had a long, athletic, and versatile edge with the Ravens. I believe Dre’Mont Jones, Mike Morris are going to play 5-Tech in the odd front alignments. Jarran Reed, Cam Young, Jonathan Hankins are going to rotate between NT & 1T. Leo Williams is your 3T along with Myles Adams. We are still missing a nimble and long tweener between an Edge and 5-Tech – which is what Jadeveon Clowney was when he played under Macdonald. Eric Watts has me interested with his unique build and testing numbers. 6’5, 274 lbs, nearly 36’’ arms and still ran a 4.67. He was actually rated really well as a run defender but has no pass moves. He’s raw but I’m rolling with the traits and it is not a given he’ll sign as a UDFA. I’ll just draft and develop him instead.

6th Round #192: Curtis Jacobs (LB): Like with Watts, I’m rolling with highly athletic dudes in the later rounds. Jacobs tested pretty well and played at Penn State. The problem is he isn’t very good right now. I wanted a toosly dude here and Jacobs fitted this description and I don’t think he’s very high on many teams’ lists. Let him be a backup and learn. You can do worse.

7th Round #235: AJ Woods (CB): He’s not a long CB but he’s a Pittsburgh CB. They are tough, physical, and specialize in man coverage. He’s played on the outside and inside. Tre Brown and Mike Jackson are on 1 year deals. I think Woods would make this team and be a monster on special teams. He does have to clean up his technique and tackling but he has a lot of traits and I think a team can work with that.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I like that you went with 'cover' LBs like Baker and Dodson. Those seem to be MM's kind of guys.

I didn't like that you stayed at 16 for Fautanu. Going with the 16 to Green Bay for 25 and 58, I'd take one of Powers-Johnson, Chop Robinson, Jer'Zahn Newton in the first; then one of T'Vondre Sweat or Cooper Beebee in the second depending on how the first fell.

Other than that, solid draft!

Chevy

Reaction score
Nice mock! If Troy Fautanu falls to #16 then I'm all in. But, I think he may be the 1st or 2nd offensive lineman drafted in the top-10. You made a good case for each pick.

I know there are only so many youtube highlights that can be posted at one time...So here is Ja'Lynn Polk

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Nice mock! If Troy Fautanu falls to #16 then I'm all in. But, I think he may be the 1st or 2nd offensive lineman drafted in the top-10. You made a good case for each pick.

I know there are only so many youtube highlights that can be posted at one time...So here is Ja'Lynn Polk

Exactly! I just can't pass on Fautanu. He's too good and too versatile. But...I don't have confidence he'll be there. I think NFL teams will see what we see. But what we do know is some teams will see his size as a negative. Some teams might not care. I'm hoping he's still there. But like I said, I still want to stay to try to get a legit dude. Sign me up for Mitchell, Murphy, Newton, Verse. Any of those guys.

I didn't post a video for Fautanu and Polk because I figured everyone already knows them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I like that you went with 'cover' LBs like Baker and Dodson. Those seem to be MM's kind of guys.

I didn't like that you stayed at 16 for Fautanu. Going with the 16 to Green Bay for 25 and 58, I'd take one of Powers-Johnson, Chop Robinson, Jer'Zahn Newton in the first; then one of T'Vondre Sweat or Cooper Beebee in the second depending on how the first fell.

Other than that, solid draft!
Yeah.

The only problem is Robinson and Newton both are question marks to me. Chop is going to take some time to reach his potential. Not many DTs can make an impact right away in the NFL. I rather just stay at #16 and take the player I want. Especially if Troy Fautanu is there. It's a no-brainer to me. But I get it. I wouldn't hate a trade down if the UW OT isn't there.

I too, have linked Green Bay and Seattle as trade partners but the more I look into it, the more it doesn't make sense. Graham Barton seems to fit GB to a tee. Can't they just stay at 25 and pick him? Philly or Pitt might make more sense to me. Philly might want to nab a CB that they like. Pitt might be eyeing Mims or Latham and might want to secure one of them.

Latest posts