Russell Wilson to Giants? - NBC Sports comentary

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MD5eahawks":mk2abby3 said:
Thank god, speculation season is finally here.

C’mon now. Whose career is currently bigger? Wilson or Ciara? She’s not exactly knocking down the chart barriers. I don’t know one single person that could identify any of her songs. That’s all you need to know.

I honestly never heard of her until Russ started seeing her. I still have yet to hear any of her songs. She's quite lovely to look at but I suspect if her talent matched her looks we all might know more about her music.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Ciara has enough of a following. Her 1st album went triple platinum, so she’s always had nostalgic fans who still listen to goodies and 1, 2 step.

To be honest, since her relationship with Russell her career has actually fallen off a bit. She’s not making music like she used to, and she hasn’t had a “hit” since 2013. Maybe she thinks moving to New York will get her more access to producers, inspiration, etc.. But she probably feels like she’s making a big sacrifice by being in Seattle

As an R&B star you can argue she’s more popular than Russell but they’ve increased each other’s profile overall

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Frankly think this theory of a desire to move to NYC is all speculation, combined with a negotiation ploy.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Talk about FAKE NEWS, this is speculation that becomes a rumor? Some dude says, I think maybe xxx will happen and now it's a major fluff article that creates a lot of discussion, disagreement and concern - all this, over absolutely nothing.

The Giants don't have enough resources to trade for RW. THREE 1-st round draft picks + change would be the minimum acceptable compensation for RW, IMO. If the Giants had any idea what they are doing they would have dumped Eli years ago. Additionally, NY has a state income tax that would eat a % of a millionaires paycheck, not to mention, who in their right mind would want to actually live fulltime in NY City? Taxes and costs of living have to factor in as well. RW/Ciera maybe need to buy a townhouse there as a "2-nd home" and commute? Any perceived problems would then be easily solved by maintaining their "primary residence" in Washington. I think if I had millions at my disposal, I'd likely have multiple "homes" in several places around the world (like: Kauai, Costa Rica, Bologna, Dubai, etc.) I think RW & Ciara can live wherever the hell they want because there are no NFL requirements about where players can live.
:smilingalien:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
mrt144":3hfmvu7l said:
Sgt. Largent":3hfmvu7l said:
mrt144":3hfmvu7l said:
Sgt. Largent":3hfmvu7l said:
If only Ciara had the means to live anywhere she wants in the off season, and know someone who can get her free airline tickets to fly in to see him play on the weekends.

Poor girl, hopefully she'll land on her feet.

Sgt. You don't usually lap up speculation this low brow and dumb so credulously. Why now?

That's why I was sarcastic in my response. This report is utter and complete nonsense. Ciara would commute from the moon if Russell gets paid.

Oh crap, I thought it was earnest, hence my surprise :34853_doh:

I figured Sgt. just thinks Ciara is in the same boat as Earl Thomas' kids -- gotta be worried about staying fed I'm sure.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Cyrus12":vu2akfog said:
Wayne Gretzky had a celeb wife. She hated Edmonton and off to LA they went. Could happen for sure.

I saw the 30 for 30 on Gretzky's trade. That was the owner's bullshit excuse for dealing him to LA because he didn't want to pay him. When it became obvious he was going to be dealt, his wife thought he should request Detroit.

It's way to damn easy to blame spouses. Gretzky and his wife would have been happy for him to play the rest of his career in Edmonton. She married him knowing what he was. There were no qualifiers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1bipe9r6 said:
mrt144":1bipe9r6 said:
Sgt. Largent":1bipe9r6 said:
mrt144":1bipe9r6 said:
Sgt. You don't usually lap up speculation this low brow and dumb so credulously. Why now?

That's why I was sarcastic in my response. This report is utter and complete nonsense. Ciara would commute from the moon if Russell gets paid.

Oh crap, I thought it was earnest, hence my surprise :34853_doh:

I figured Sgt. just thinks Ciara is in the same boat as Earl Thomas' kids -- gotta be worried about staying fed I'm sure.

That'd be funny if Russell said "hey, I've got another man's kid to feed!"

Sorry, I'll show myself out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1o92smz1 said:
1. This is nonsense.

2. Wilson is an exceptional QB.

3. If the Seahawks want to run an offense that requires their QB to complete 65% of their 25 pass attempts per game for about 215 yards per game, they simply don't need to spend 30 million plus per year at the QB position to get that. They don't even need to spend half of that, and probably don't even need to spend a third of that.

I think they absolutely will, and writing this is NOT IN ANY WAY A KNOCK on Russell Wilson (read #2 again), but if that's really what they want from the QB position and they could get an absolute haul for Wilson (which they could, again see #2), sheesh man, if I were them and all I cared about was winning I'd have to seriously consider that.

(Note 1: "But what about his 35 TD passes from last year that you're leaving out?" I'm leaving that out because it's an outlier that's unsustainable. We know it's unsustainable because it's a top 25 TD % for a season for a QB, and in the history of the NFL there's only one QB who has had more than one top 25 TD % seasons, and they had two. The story here is that you can be best the QB in the history of the NFL, and in your career you're gonna be in the Top 25 on that metric for one season or zero seasons.

Note 2: "But what about that other subjective or unmeasured factor that you're leaving out?" Yep, totally, that may be valid and may be not valid. As something that's subjective or unmeasured anyone and everyone is free to weight or not weight that thing however they'd like. While true, it doesn't make for the best back-and-forth, because it's like trying to figure out who's right about what the best favorite color is.)
Good stuff :2thumbs:

Greenhell

Reaction score
This also reminds me of the Carmelo Anthony situation with his wife LaLa. She didn't want to be in Denver so somehow managed to get him landed in New York with the Knicks thinking that her celebrity status would thrive.

Who's Lala again?

HawkerD

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1du5srty said:
Wayne Gretzky had a celeb wife. She hated Edmonton and off to LA they went. Could happen for sure.
ever been to Edmonton? Stark difference between there and here. but you are still correct.

SeanBowen

Reaction score
Any chance that PC and JS would rather spend that extra money on a top flight defense and just have a serviceable QB?

BigMeach

Reaction score
MO Hawk":6s67l47x said:
Well, the story hit John Clayton's radar.

"The biggest non-story of the Seahawks’ offseason is thoughts on the team possibly trading quarterback Russell Wilson."

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/605944/cl ... offseason/

I was just about to post this as well...

To me this is the end of the discussion.

There's no reason RW would let them franchise him for 3 years, it's just not worth the risk of an injury. He's going to sign an extension. Sure he might try to get the most out of that deal but he's going to sign.

TBH all this speculation is because of "reports" the two sides aren't talking yet (which is bogus, give me a break, even if they aren't getting anywhere with discussion they're still talking or RW should fire his agent.) I expect an extension sometime this offseason.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
There is nothing to substantiate this other than a single unnamed source that may, or may not exist.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if Russ wanted out of here at some point. We've seen QB's force their teams hands before, I wouldn't really put it past Wilson. That is not a slight to him, but rather Carroll. If you're a QB looking to secure a legacy, this is one of the worst systems to do it in. Legacy, and prestige is very important to Wilson.

If he stays here the public perception (other teams) will always be that he was a limited QB that could only play in an extremely simplified offense. He won a Super Bowl but thus far most analyst, and casual fans chalk that up to a stellar defense, and Marshawn Lynch. I would not be surprised one bit if he forced our hand at one point, and quite honestly I wish we would give him more agency in this offense, he's earned it (im not talking about becoming an air raid offense).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Which begs the obvious question:

Which pathway has the best chance at giving this team another visit to the SuperBowl?

1 - Wilson without Carroll

2 - Carroll without Wilson

My own pick is #1. It gives us a higher ceiling but it also completely removes the floor.

With Carroll you at least know the team will never be 'bad'. That is actually important.

Regardless, I don't know how Carroll and his approach is going to work with Wilson, if Wilson wants to see better results from himself in the regular season or greater success for himself in the playoffs.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Anyone be surprised?
NY agent...
Isn't he already a Yankee?

my prediction when he signed that agent, several years ago.

getnasty

Reaction score
Love me some Russ but i wouldn't be shocked at all if it were true, and if it is i have no problem trading him as long as we get a ton of draft capital.

HansGruber

Reaction score
It would be a very high-risk move by Wilson. And no doubt about it, Wilson would have to be the one driving that trade.

If he went to NYG and that team wasn't immediately Superbowl material, it would ruin his career. You're talking about losing hundreds of millions on that bet.

Bad coaching? Injuries? Wouldn't matter. He'd be the next Kirk Cousins. Everyone would immediately say it was the Seattle defense that won that Superbowl and got us there. And Carroll will have a team in the playoffs with or without him. So that argument gets a lot of traction.

Wilson is a businessman. Smart enough to know he doesn't want to be the next Kirk Cousins. Yeah, dude got one big contract. But he'll never see Superbowl QB money again.

For what? So his wife can MAYBE earn $20-50m if she's somehow able to resurrect a singing career? Lol. Yeah ok.

Wilson needs the Seahawks as much as they need him. No way he leaves Seattle. I'd put a paycheck on it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mrt144":2wjicep9 said:
Sgt. Largent":2wjicep9 said:
If only Ciara had the means to live anywhere she wants in the off season, and know someone who can get her free airline tickets to fly in to see him play on the weekends.

Poor girl, hopefully she'll land on her feet.

Why so sensitive? His post was in jest.