Wilson Trade Alternate Scenario

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
If already discussed...please move. No doubt seahawk related.

Had Wilson gone to the Eagles with their strong D, Oline & weapons...not out of the realm to see him in the SB last year. He is a genious, solidifies his case for the HOF and our draft looks waaaaayyyy different.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
If already discussed...please move. No doubt seahawk related.

Had Wilson gone to the Eagles with their strong D, Oline & weapons...not out of the realm to see him in the SB last year. He is a genious, solidifies his case for the HOF and our draft looks waaaaayyyy different.

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

OP
OP
LeveeBreak

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.
That depends on who you talk to...but it is interesting to think about. Certainly not a deep thinking stat based post...agreed. But a lot of good vibes have ridden the wave off the donks trade, fun for some to ponder.

RiverDog

Reaction score
That depends on who you talk to...but it is interesting to think about. Certainly not a deep thinking stat based post...agreed. But a lot of good vibes have ridden the wave off the donks trade, fun for some to ponder.
There's lots of "what if's" that we could discuss. What if we gave the ball to Beast on the goal line in SB49? What if we had drafted Bret Favre instead of Dan McGuire? What if Paul Allen hadn't bought the team? All pointless, random musings.

It must be a slow news day.

OP
OP
LeveeBreak

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
There's lots of "what if's" that we could discuss. What if we gave the ball to Beast on the goal line in SB49? What if we had drafted Bret Favre instead of Dan McGuire? What if Paul Allen hadn't bought the team? All pointless, random musings.

It must be a slow news day.
Not a lot of creativite thinking in your line of work I assume. No prob...some of us like randam musings and some show thier intellect with pointless criticisms of meaningless posts. All for online entertainent. Cheers!

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not a lot of creativite thinking in your line of work I assume. No prob...some of use like randam musings and some show thier intellect with pointless criticisms of meaningless posts. All for online entertainment. Cheers!

View attachment 59277
Oh, I have plenty of creative thinking, but mostly about current and future endeavors.

However, I do get the drift. It's the offseason, so I guess there's nothing better to do. Cheers back at ya!

Jac

Reaction score
Eagles D, OL and weapons? Isn’t that what they all said Denver had at the beginning of the season? It’s not like Denver’s D was giving up huge points, the issue was their star QB wasn’t mustering up as many.
Exactly this. It's amazing how far Wilson drug down that team's record given the state of their defense. I'd say one counterargument could be that maybe Philadelphia designs an offense that plays more to Wilson's strengths, but then Wilson supposedly helped design Denver's offense...so who knows. There's no reason to think he'd have taken them to the SB, though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Exactly this. It's amazing how far Wilson drug down that team's record given the state of their defense. I'd say one counterargument could be that maybe Philadelphia designs an offense that plays more to Wilson's strengths, but then Wilson supposedly helped design Denver's offense...so who knows. There's no reason to think he'd have taken them to the SB, though.
The one thing the Eagles would have done since Me3 doesn't want to "carry" a team is
use that OL rumble play and make him move whether he wants to or not..
I'd loved to seen him buried in that rumble going forward being carried like a battering ram!

Last edited:

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
I disagree. He/She can be a they. They can tuck and wear bikinis or start a trend in men’s swimwear called simply..”The Cherry”. 🍒

Me personally, I identify as a horse. LongDongHorseHawk is my spirit name.

Now excuse me…gotta finish this Bud Light.
I’m headed to target to get the new tuck swimsuit

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I don't think we'd see Russ in the SB, he couldn't get his own team to more than 5 wins. On paper, that roster should've made the playoffs, all Russ had to do was average 20 ppg.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Well the very first line of the article you posted said Russell NIXED it, so its really more pointless than even putting the Denver trade under the microscope AGAIN. CHEERS!

toffee

Reaction score
Eagles D, OL and weapons? Isn’t that what they all said Denver had at the beginning of the season? It’s not like Denver’s D was giving up huge points, the issue was their star QB wasn’t mustering up as many.
Besides, ain't Broncos supposed to be loaded with 'weapons'?

Rainger

Reaction score
I disagree. He/She can be a they. They can tuck and wear bikinis or start a trend in men’s swimwear called simply..”The Cherry”. 🍒

Me personally, I identify as a horse. LongDongHorseHawk is my spirit name.

Now excuse me…gotta finish this Bud Light.
And my wife has started identifying as a cat, Serious!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I don't think we'd see Russ in the SB, he couldn't get his own team to more than 5 wins. On paper, that roster should've made the playoffs, all Russ had to do was average 20 ppg.

We were all told during the 2022 offseason that the Broncos had a much-better offensive line than the Seahawks, great weapons, and a great defense. We were told Wilson was sliding into an ideal situation. Wilson himself said publicly that he wanted to go to Denver because he "wouldn't have to carry" the team. "Experts" around here told us the Broncos were among the best-managed teams in the league and the Seahawks among the worst-managed (including Hackett being a better head coach than Carroll... let's not let that claim "fade" from memory), that the Seahawks would be bad for years and the Broncos perennial title contenders because of the trade, and that Wilson would have more TD passes in the opening game against the Seahawks than the Seahawks would have wins in the season (only off by nine touchdown passes in the first game, or by thirteen games out of Wilson's fifteen-game season). And yet, that team, with its excellent defense and its offensive line and weapons that looked good before Wilson ruined it for them (as he had done in Seattle), ended up being so bad it "earned" the fifth pick in the draft, only to have to let the Seahawks have it. The Broncos ended up in last place in their division, a game behind the woefully mismanaged Raiders.

As incredible as it may seem, @12AngryHawks actually understates how good the Broncos defense was and how bad the offense was in 2022. If the Broncos had scored just 17 points in regulation through their first 12 games, they would have won at least ten of those games, and their game against the Titans would have gone to overtime. So they'd have been 10-2, 11-1, or 10-1-1. Seventeen measly points, but they couldn't manage even that.

I find it hilarious that Wilson apologists around here give Wilson all the credit for the Seahawks' success here and claim he made the team win despite Carroll supposedly being a terrible coach, but then those same people turn around and blame Hackett for Wilson being one of the three worst starting QBs in the league in 2022. I have to wonder how Wilson, upon going to a team that everyone agreed had more talent than the Seahawks, suddenly lost his magic team-carrying powers and started losing despite a truly great performance by his team's defense through the first 14 games of the season.

BASF

Reaction score
We were all told during the 2022 offseason that the Broncos had a much-better offensive line than the Seahawks, great weapons, and a great defense. We were told Wilson was sliding into an ideal situation. Wilson himself said publicly that he wanted to go to Denver because he "wouldn't have to carry" the team. "Experts" around here told us the Broncos were among the best-managed teams in the league and the Seahawks among the worst-managed (including Hackett being a better head coach than Carroll... let's not let that claim "fade" from memory), that the Seahawks would be bad for years and the Broncos perennial title contenders because of the trade, and that Wilson would have more TD passes in the opening game against the Seahawks than the Seahawks would have wins in the season (only off by nine touchdown passes in the first game, or by thirteen games out of Wilson's fifteen-game season). And yet, that team, with its excellent defense and its offensive line and weapons that looked good before Wilson ruined it for them (as he had done in Seattle), ended up being so bad it "earned" the fifth pick in the draft, only to have to let the Seahawks have it. The Broncos ended up in last place in their division, a game behind the woefully mismanaged Raiders.

As incredible as it may seem, @12AngryHawks actually understates how good the Broncos defense was and how bad the offense was in 2022. If the Broncos had scored just 17 points in regulation through their first 12 games, they would have won at least ten of those games, and their game against the Titans would have gone to overtime. So they'd have been 10-2, 11-1, or 10-1-1. Seventeen measly points, but they couldn't manage even that.

I find it hilarious that Wilson apologists around here give Wilson all the credit for the Seahawks' success here and claim he made the team win despite Carroll supposedly being a terrible coach, but then those same people turn around and blame Hackett for Wilson being one of the three worst starting QBs in the league in 2022. I have to wonder how Wilson, upon going to a team that everyone agreed had more talent than the Seahawks, suddenly lost his magic team-carrying powers and started losing despite a truly great performance by his team's defense through the first 14 games of the season.
There's actually a really easy explanation that no one wants to believe. I do not really believe it myself, but in the back of my mind, there is the possibility that it is true:

Wilson dogged it to get Hackett fired so he could get his dream coach hired after trying to get the Hawks owner to fire Carroll and bring in his dream coach for him.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
There's actually a really easy explanation that no one wants to believe. I do not really believe it myself, but in the back of my mind, there is the possibility that it is true:

Wilson dogged it to get Hackett fired so he could get his dream coach hired after trying to get the Hawks owner to fire Carroll and bring in his dream coach for him.
If that were true, he should get the Pete Rose treatment. We all know Russ has a big ego, but I'm skeptical that any single player could be willing to screw over his whole team to fulfill his own selfish desires. It would take a humongous set of balls to risk pulling that off without being found out.