HawkFreak

Reaction score
NFC West
1. Rams
2. 9ers
3. Cards
4. Seahawks - they will be talented 4th place team

Do we agree?

Of course he finished by saying he's a Pacific NW guy but has to call it like it is.
For a Pacific NW guy - does he ever talk positively or like what the Seahawks are doing?

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I'll guess:

49ers
Rams
Hawks
Cards

I think the 9ers have the least questions. I also think it'll take a season for an entire new coaching staff here to settle in and get the players all in and in the know. So some growing pains. If all that takes hold quicker, then we could be a big surprise team this season but I'm not counting on it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm not sold on the Rams being that much better than the Seahawks at this point. Yes, they had a better record by 1 game last year and that was with Aaron Donald still playing. They lost their best defensive player to retirement. Plus they have a new DC since their former is now the HC in Atlanta. Offensively they have firepower with Stafford (if he stays healthy), Williams, Puka, and Kupp. Defensively they have taken a few steps backward.

The Niners are the clear frontrunner but I believe the gap is getting shorter not wider for them. Rams/Seahawks are the next tier and Cards had a decent draft so they may be closing in there. After all they did win 11 games two seasons ago.

Jac

Reaction score
We now have the players and coaching staff to cause teams real problems on defense. And we’ve had a competent offense all along for the most part. I don’t think the 49ers are going to enjoy those two games this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think we may surprise them, this is going to be more like the LOB team, take the field line up and throw the first punch and see if they get up and then punch them again. I don't think we will have Pete's throttle back on offense dogma either, we get a lead and we pile on points and take a teams heart.

Just my thoughts.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I think we may surprise them, this is going to be more like the LOB team, take the field line up and throw the first punch and see if they get up and then punch them again. I don't think we will have Pete's throttle back on offense dogma either, we get a lead and we pile on points and take a teams heart.

Just my thoughts.
No more Kumbaya holding hands while blasting inspirational music. Time to hit them in the mouth & keep your foot on the gas and if you can't, see ya.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Hope it works out as well as the last time he predicted doom and gloom for the Hawks, which was not that long ago.

Rat

Reaction score
There is an excellent chance we finish last. We have undeniably the worst quarterback and coaching situations in the division.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
it's far too early to have these predictions. Could we finish bottom? Yes First time head coach, new scheme, OC who's never coached in the league and that's not factoring in if we get any injuries. Cardinals have a bunch of early round draft picks, Rams have an established head coach/scheme and the 49ers still have the bulk of a super bowl team.

I'd like to think we won't. The optimist in me thinks the Seahawks defence couldn't be much worse than last year and I think will actually be far improved. I'd like to think the team underperformed based on their talent level last year. I think Grubb will scheme well and DK is a stud, JSN could be, good RB's etc.

Lets see though. We've no idea how MM will do with things like in game adjustments, time outs, challenges, motivating players if things don't go well etc.

This is a year of seeing progress. I doubt we are elite at anything but if the signs of progress are there then that's good with another draft to build.

Eventually we do need a long term QB answer though.

Last edited:

DaveG

Reaction score
I predict that as soon as we lose the first game someone on here is going to declare that the gm, coaching staff, and both qb’s suck and should all be fired.