REPORT: Darrell Bevell Fired

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Today is gonna be a GREAT day!
Now lets make it 2 for 2.....bye bye Cable.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Thanks and bye bye Bev!

He brought the first ring, or was part of it. Also he cocked up the second.

I am already excited about next season now!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Rob12":22gqaw24 said:
I don’t post here at all anymore really but I think it’s chickenshit to shovel dirt onto his grave. It was time for change - for both sides - but reading this thread makes me think that some people here genuinely hate the man. Let’s all forget that he helped orchestrate a 35 point thrashing of the Broncos in SB 48. He helped develop Russell Wilson, a 3rd round pick, into an elite talent at the QB position. That’s rare. He was our OC overseeing some of the most prolific Seahawk offenses of all-time. And by all accounts, he’s a good man. I’m glad that the Seahawks are making a much needed change but I, for one at least, appreciate the hell out of what he accomplished here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t think it’s as much celebration about his misfortune as much as it is a celebration of a new system.

One down one to go.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I will not celebrate another person's firing as it affects his family, etc. I will however celebrate what this could mean.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Kinda funny timing with the Panthers firing long time OC Mike Shula yesterday. That was probably their wake up moment.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seanhawk":31wjbxmq said:
I will not celebrate another person's firing as it affects his family, etc. I will however celebrate what this could mean. Siouxhawk! may NEVER post here again! Hallelujah!

How it affects his family? The dude is still getting all his guaranteed money from his contract. They’ll manage and he’ll get another gig somewhere else. It’s not like these dudes are getting fired from regular everyday jobs.

NYCoug

Reaction score
The dark cloud that has hung over my life since the night of February 1st, 2015 may finally be lifting! Hallelujah, the tyranny may finally be over.

They should make a lifesized Bevell doll, hook it up to the back of a Chevy Tahoe, and drag it through the streets of Seattle so that fans can throw stones at it, kick it, etc. I kid, I kid.

The shackles of Seahawks offensive oppression have been BROKEN, my friends. Rejoice. Hallelujah!

That's one down, 4 more to go! (Cable, Smith, Brian Schneider, Kris Richard)

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
You really think Pete would fire Cable in the middle of his interviewing processes? Come on, guys. Pete is gonna wait it out. He’ll let the man have his chances—once the rounds are completed he either leaves for another destination, or he gets kicked to the curb. Pretty simple to see.

As for Bev? Peace out, homie.

Ozzy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3nlxyjnt said:
I am so hard right now.
I came on here specifically to see your response and to didn't disappoint. :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is surprising news, however it is overdue by two full seasons.

Accountability is very important when you are the leader of a team or even of a part of a team.Coach Bevell never accepted any responsibility for the disastrous call in XLIX and blamed Lockette for not going hard enough to the ball. His response grated nerves on th team and there has been some player ill feeling about the call and his response since. That said, time has passed and truly the O had become far too easy to defend and the offensive coaching had run fresh out of ideas. He clearly had trouble incorporating some players into his scheme and their value to the team was underutilized. Rather believe Coach Cable should be gone as well because he's as accountable as Coach Bevell for the hot mess that is the OLine and the running game. Sherman Smith was let go as part of a plan to revamp the running game placing more responsibility for it not working upon Coach Cable who has failed to meet any of his stated objectives.

The team is clearly in need of an offensive refresh, it is time for new coaching and ideas. There is little doubt that the NFL game is very different from the college game and finding and developing a good OLine is a huge task when faced with the singular lack of quality OLine talent coming from college. It is harder than ever to find offensive tackles who can play pro football or even Guards that can both run block and pass protect. To Cable's defense there is also the reality of the lack of high draft picks when stats can prove the higher picks have a better chance of success though none are sure things. Even that said howeve, Cable has been given resources and his OLines have consistently underperformed. It is time for a fresh approach on the OLine as well. It is time for a different approach to the running game if it is to be a team focused goal.

Change is a huge part of football and growing with change is a hallmark of better teams. If this news about coach Bevell is true there will be a fresh new approach for the O the change needs to be complete w/o the new OC being hamstrung by the OLine coach and "running game coordinator". Pete needs to adjust too or this change is window dressing and not real. Coach Cable has repeated the mantra that "competition is key here" and he has failed to compete, it is time to move him out of the way for new ideas.

I am not unhappy with this news but do thank Coach Bevell for his time here he had may fine moments here. Good luck elsewhere.

original poster

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":o7tgb5b0 said:
Rob12":o7tgb5b0 said:
I don’t post here at all anymore really but I think it’s chickenshit to shovel dirt onto his grave. It was time for change - for both sides - but reading this thread makes me think that some people here genuinely hate the man. Let’s all forget that he helped orchestrate a 35 point thrashing of the Broncos in SB 48. He helped develop Russell Wilson, a 3rd round pick, into an elite talent at the QB position. That’s rare. He was our OC overseeing some of the most prolific Seahawk offenses of all-time. And by all accounts, he’s a good man. I’m glad that the Seahawks are making a much needed change but I, for one at least, appreciate the hell out of what he accomplished here.

I don’t think it’s as much celebration about his misfortune as much as it is a celebration of a new system.

One down one to go.

Absolutely.

I'd like to think not a single member here is pleased someone has lost their job, rather that the shaky Seahawks offense at least has a chance to improve.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Rob12":2uxxlheo said:

I just think he was broken here the past couple of years. Wouldn't shock me at all if he goes somewhere else and does well. My biggest issue with Bevell is he never took ownership of the failures. It was always execution, effort, players etc where Richard takes the opposite approach and always lists himself first. It's minor but it's always bugged me about Bevell. I wanted him fired because it was the right time but hope he gets another chance and does well.

Fade

Reaction score
I'm just waking up to this news, and I feel nothing. The other shoe needs to drop. Then the party can begin.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
RIGHT_IN_THE_FEELS.jpg

That is all

rossob

Reaction score
Fade":a42w4xc6 said:
I'm just waking up to this news, and I feel nothing. The other shoe needs to drop. Then the party can begin.
Same here. Imo Cable deserves more blame for the past two seasons than Bevell. While Bevell seemed to be below average Cable was just downright horrible.
I am also waiting for Bevells replacement before I can truly enjoy this news, I don't think Sarkisian would be a lot different.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
endzorn":3doumysp said:
If Cable isn’t fired then this move doesn’t matter to me. There isn’t an offensive coordinator on this planet who can call a functioning offense behind Cable’s offensive line.

Ive come to realize more and more that it might be more of Cables fault then Bevells. While I would be happy to see a change...if cable stays it might just be more of the same with our OL. We will see though. A change had to made regardless so this was awesome waking up to