REPORT: Darrell Bevell Fired

12thbrah

Reaction score
He had 16 games this season to figure out how to make this offense better and he couldnt do it. So long

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":o68fctjf said:
Seanhawk":o68fctjf said:
I will not celebrate another person's firing as it affects his family, etc. I will however celebrate what this could mean. Siouxhawk! may NEVER post here again! Hallelujah!

How it affects his family? The dude is still getting all his guaranteed money from his contract. They’ll manage and he’ll get another gig somewhere else. It’s not like these dudes are getting fired from regular everyday jobs.

It was tongue in cheek to get to the Siouxhawk! part. I guess what I should have said is I won't celebrate until Cable is gone as I think he is the bigger issue.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
randomation":30n0jnes said:
And Cable?

Anyway Ding Dong the Witch is Dead Long Live King Russell First of His Name. :irishdrinkers:
Dilly dilly!

getnasty

Reaction score
No offense coordinator will be any good behind our OL. I have no problem with letting Bevell go but the bigger problem is Cable.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
getnasty":143tbxix said:
No offense coordinator will be any good behind our OL. I have no problem with letting Bevell go but the bigger problem is Cable.

A good OC will wither change Cable's mind or get him to snap and punch someone and get fired. DILLY DILLY

Fade

Reaction score
Seanhawk":34xbw6sw said:
I will not celebrate another person's firing as it affects his family, etc.
Darrell Bevell right now.
raw

Beren

Reaction score
Anyway, importantly, I think it signals at least that there is acknowledgement within the organisation that Seattle weren't just unlucky this season - and there are problems to address.

My fear was that we'd go, and act, through the offseason with heads buried in the sand and the management would become entrenched by pridefulness. This gives me hope. :)

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I think it was time for him to go, but I'm a little leery. This strikes me as be careful what you wish for, especially if Sark is the next OC. I am not a Sark fan at all. I also think Cable does need to go as well, so the new OC doesn't have to worry about a run game coordinator.

mistaowen

Reaction score
This is amazing news. Bring in some young energetic offensive mind.

Everyone leery of what comes next - the offense looked like the worst offense in the NFL for the last third of the season. RB's had 1 total TD. Offense was either quick or 3 and out. There's literally no where to go but up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What a great way to start the day, FINALLY they get this done. Just more proof that what John Clayton and a bunch of fans say is NOT gospel. Let alone all those who assumed they would make no changes at all. I was surprised to hear it, but damn that is good news. Now, take Cable with you! :irishdrinkers:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
adeltaY":1o0ytuer said:
Bev seems like a good guy so I feel bad for him as a person. Change was necessary so here we go.

I have a really tough time believing he was at more fault for our offensive struggles than Cable, though.

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

acctingman

Reaction score
hawknation2018":30bwh1ad said:
Pete is taking the gloves off. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Be afraid, rest of the NFL. Be very afraid.

LOL

Yea, teams are afraid of the Hawks and that aging D and the paper thin O-Line :sarcasm_on:

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
While I have advocated for change, this will all be for naught if we don't find a guy that can help Wilson grow. My biggest concern has been that Wilson has in some respects stagnated as a developing Elite player, and I hope a fresh Offensive mind can come in and kickstart his growth as a decision maker, helping him to get better at being on time within the offense.

If we can find a guy to help him approach the rhythm of Brees without stealing from his fantastic impromptu creative ability, "Look out world!".

PLEASE Pete, find a guy that can grow some grass in the sandlot!

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
You mean we are going to have more than one play call in 2018?!?!?!

Wilson: “You mean you want me to do something other than scramble around in circles like a chicken with it’s head cut off until my receivers are able to get open on a broken play?”

LolaRox

Reaction score
This is a good thing.

I was starting to lose hope.

But Cable has to go next or this won't matter.

In my opinion, Cable deserves more of the blame for offense failures and should have been the first to go. His OL and run game have been horrendous and getting worse. Tick tock Pete...

Latest posts