Eskridge apologizes in return to action

NoGain

Reaction score
This ^^^ is the textbook definition of bias, it being applied to a situation, and someone judging someone based solely on their bias, and not facts and data

You don't know this man, nor his girlfriend, nor his child, nor the situation that happened from a facts and reality standpoint. Just your bias and what you read in the media.

Absolutely terrible behavior on your part. Be thankful experiences in your life aren't in the media, because someone like you would judge you the same way, and they (like you here) would know absolutely nothing about you while doing so.
Terrible behavior on my part? That's kind of a reach. The guy was suspended for 6 games by the league for breaking the league's conduct code on domestic violence. It's not like he did nothing. It's not like he was defended by the union. And he apologized for it, so that was an admission of guilt.

My main point was the guy has done nothing for the team as a player, so why not cut bait with him after such an incident? He's been a dead weight player who can't stay on the field.

As for my "bias", yeah I'm biased against men being domestically abusive. Crucify me for that.

Jville

Reaction score

From the article ...............

Eskridge's suspension ended Monday, though he was allowed to return to team headquarters two weeks ago. The Seahawks received a roster exemption that has allowed him to practice this week without counting against the 53-man roster. He was limited on Wednesday (knee) and a full participant on Thursday and Friday before being activated to the 53-man roster Saturday.

Eskridge injured his knee in the Seahawks' Aug. 10 preseason opener and did not return to practice before his suspension began.

"He just kind of reminded us of the guy that we hoped to see and expect," coach Pete Carroll said this week. "He's quick and explosive and all that stuff and he's come back ready to go. He's really prepared well to do that."

I'm looking forward to Eskridge's return for a game day appearance. He brings a distinct uniqueness to the wide receiver mix. He affords the passing game another tool to expand match up exportation.

Good times ahead.

rcaido

Reaction score
Eskridge has been a huge disappointment. Especially because of the possibility of getting a position in need w/ Creed. With that said, i like the hypocrisy of this forum, crucifying this young man, yet welcoming Frank Clark who had DV and several other felony gun charges with open arms.

Rat

Reaction score
Eskridge has been a huge disappointment. Especially because of the possibility of getting a position in need w/ Creed. With that said, i like the hypocrisy of this forum, crucifying this young man, yet welcoming Frank Clark who had DV and several other felony gun charges with open arms.
There were a fair amount of people against drafting Clark initially for that reason. Regardless, Clark has kept his nose clean since becoming a Seahawk, while Eskridge just got himself suspended for six games. It's not really the same thing. Similar to Clark, if time passes with Eskridge not having further incidents, the fan vitriol will also die off.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
My gripe with Eskridge regarding the DV incident is in his claim that he accepts "full responsibility" after attempting to whitewash his role in it. He doesn't get to soft-pedal his part in it, and then get credit for accepting full responsibility. If he really want to accept full responsibility, it starts with admitting all of his part in it, explaining how and why he was wrong, and then apologizing.

rcaido

Reaction score
There were a fair amount of people against drafting Clark initially for that reason. Regardless, Clark has kept his nose clean since becoming a Seahawk, while Eskridge just got himself suspended for six games. It's not really the same thing. Similar to Clark, if time passes with Eskridge not having further incidents, the fan vitriol will also die off.
Bro he just recently got arrested for gun charges two years go for his second offense. What about Jaren Reed domestic violence incident?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I gave up years ago thinking you could have a team full of saints. Heck I don’t think you could ask into a room anywhere of 78 people (current number of Seahawks between roster PS & IR) and not find a few bad apples. Are there lines a team can and should draw? Yes, but I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s best for me to let the team make those calls and just root for the team on Gameday. I’m not going to like everyone on the team but I am going to root for them on gameday.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Geno said he was balling out before suspension so maybe he dials in on DeeWayne. Doubt he gets touches though unless we’re in a 5 receiver set. All I hear about is how talented he is but have yet to see it on display. Meanwhile Bobo and JSN are both coming into their own.

toffee

Reaction score
Three negative stuffs about Eskridge:
  1. Off field stuff, domestic is never good.
  2. Injuries, like Penny, he didn't have an injury problem in college, somehow he just could shake the injury bug with us.
  3. Learning of playbook, this one bugs me. He seems to have some sort of learning disabilities? Geno often had to remind him where to stand etc., I read that Geno even spent extra time with him in off season on learning the playbook. Is his football IQ that low?
But he has good speed, may be he is just a play with instinct kinda of dude?