Eskridge apologizes in return to action

bileever

Reaction score
You see stuff like this, and you wonder if it's an early sign of CTE. Eskridge has already had concussion issues in the NFL. You see the references to "chronice bouts of anger" and it concerns you. I hope Dee is alright.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Does anyone take things at face value anymore?

serious question.

Personally I don’t know enough about this situation to have an opinion but why not just take the “apology“ for what it is, and give the man credit for making the the public statement?

I’m certainly not perfect and have made mistakes / done things I regret.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Perhaps you're right, and I don't want to make light of the situation. That said, one could also argue sucking complete ass on the field could result in chronic bouts of anger?
Not being an ass but this was my initial thought. The pressure of not succeeding, maybe CTE , either way I feel for his wife.
I hope they didn't have children to witness any of this. I can tell you from first hand knowledge that it messes kids up .

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Does anyone take things at face value anymore?

serious question.

Personally I don’t know enough about this situation to have an opinion but why not just take the “apology“ for what it is, and give the man credit for making the the public statement?

I’m certainly not perfect and have made mistakes / done things I regret.
Totally agree.

The problem some folks here have is that they turn simple issues into these gigantic measures of social justice. I don't personally give a shit what this guy does in his personal life. I care what he does on the field. If I wanted to care what happens in his personal life I'd have to know him, be around him, and have a deeper understanding of him.

Unfortunately, many people get their understanding of everything, including how to wipe their own ass from the media and from click bait headlines because they do not understand how to formulate their own opinion on anything.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Let's hope this young man can turn things around and get his life squared away. Having him as a ST standout and the impact WR they originally invisioned would be a huge plus to this team.

NoGain

Reaction score
I admit that I instinctively/emotionally lose respect for a man, whoever he might be, involved in a case of domestic violence with a woman, even before I know all the ins and outs of it. I saw enough of that kind of shyt growing up. And it doesn't even have to be just physical violence against a woman. Emotional abuse can oftentimes be just as bad in terms of achieving negative or terrible outcomes, especially if there's children involved.

I have zero investment in DE as a player now without this other shyt already. Not quite sure why they didn't cut bait and move on from him after this. Certain behaviors/attitudes are hard to change, take a lot of personal emotional work.

Welshers2

Reaction score
I admit that I instinctively/emotionally lose respect for a man, whoever he might be, involved in a case of domestic violence with a woman, even before I know all the ins and outs of it. I saw enough of that kind of shyt growing up. And it doesn't even have to be just physical violence against a woman. Emotional abuse can oftentimes be just as bad in terms of achieving negative or terrible outcomes, especially if there's children involved.

I have zero investment in DE as a player now without this other shyt already. Not quite sure why they didn't cut bait and move on from him after this. Certain behaviors/attitudes are hard to change, take a lot of personal emotional work.
I mostly gree with this. It actually surprised me that Pete kept him around considering his level of productivity. I can see them letting a better player get away with that but with Eskridge there's not much upside. I went and read about what he did and it's not great. At the same time it's a much more complex matter behind the scenes and I am pulling for the guy to turn his life around.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score

This ^^^ is the textbook definition of bias, it being applied to a situation, and someone judging someone based solely on their bias, and not facts and data

You don't know this man, nor his girlfriend, nor his child, nor the situation that happened from a facts and reality standpoint. Just your bias and what you read in the media.

Absolutely terrible behavior on your part. Be thankful experiences in your life aren't in the media, because someone like you would judge you the same way, and they (like you here) would know absolutely nothing about you while doing so.

Rat

Reaction score
Apologizing now is better than never. If he wants to be forgiven by the fans, playing well would be even better. Most people respect a comeback story.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I mean... "Better late than never" kind of... dude could've apologized before, kept it simple and sweet. He's been a waste of a pick, hasn't been really available and jack crap for production. Whereas JSN and Bobo....have already surpassed him. I'll be disappointed in Pete if Bobo and JSN loose snaps to a guy Pete has a loyalty for. (Which imo could be him not wanting to accept failure with DE)

pmedic920

Reaction score
And just to keep things in perspective, let’s all remember that his charge was a misdemeanor.

I don’t know the details of what happened but something as simple as shoving your way past a woman to leave the house can result in a charge of that nature (depending on local law enforcement and prosecutors ).

I’m not condoning anything but I’m also not willing to blindly hate on anyone.

Again, I doubt any of us can say we are perfect and haven’t done something we regret.
I’m willing to accept the apology and move along until or if something else happens of similar circumstances.

As far as any “the apology is too late” opinions go, it’s completely possible that he waited based on legal counsel.

Bottom line is, we don’t know the whole story/all the facts.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Not being an ass but this was my initial thought. The pressure of not succeeding, maybe CTE , either way I feel for his wife.
I hope they didn't have children to witness any of this. I can tell you from first hand knowledge that it messes kids up .
That's the rub. His statement was that the woman was intoxicated and he was concerned about the well-being of his child and that led to the escalation of the matter.

BASF

Reaction score
He's had a lot more to apologize for than just the DV incident.
"I am sorry Seahawks fans that your front office drafted me when you wanted someone else. I am also sorry that I received one of the worst level of concussions in my first game playing for you. I am also sorry that the front office decided not to give me an injury settlement. I am also sorry thar I have been injured in other ways since then."

First wasn't his fault.
Second wasn't his fault.
Third wasn't his fault.
Fourth is debatable.

Rat

Reaction score
"I am sorry Seahawks fans that your front office drafted me when you wanted someone else. I am also sorry that I received one of the worst level of concussions in my first game playing for you. I am also sorry that the front office decided not to give me an injury settlement. I am also sorry thar I have been injured in other ways since then."

First wasn't his fault.
Second wasn't his fault.
Third wasn't his fault.
Fourth is debatable.
I'm not sure even John63 was able to make this many excuses for Russ in a single post. Impressive.

BASF

Reaction score
Funny. The only thing Eskridge may need to apologize for is not being in game shape when he came back. That might be something fans can actually latch on to, but the concussion was not his fault.