If Belichick gets fired before Pete . . .

JayhawkMike

Reaction score

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
i will absolutely barf. it’s would also be a damning indictment about how little ownership cares about having football success

If Pete had us at 3-10 after trotting out failed defensive coaches as his offensive coordinator and ruining his quarterbacks, Pete would probably be gone too.

As bad as the taste in your mouth may be, it is nothing like the misery the Patriots are in currently.

strohmin

Reaction score
i will absolutely barf. it’s would also be a damning indictment about how little ownership cares about having football success

lol Patriots are 3-10. As bad as Petes been lately, he still hasnt had a season below 7 wins. Ive been on the fire Pete wagon for 4 years now but his latest desperation attempt of calling out players has got me curious to see where this goes.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Belichick is everything you all hate about Carroll, but worse. He just had Brady.

Belichick is the de facto GM in New England. You know, like Pete, but if he clearly didn't listen to anyone else about anything.

You think Pete hires cronies? Imagine him bringing Ken Norton Jr. back and making him the offensive playcaller while putting his young QB through severe regression.

That's what Bill did with Matt Patricia.

Imagine after that failing, Pete was like "Damn, that sucks. Guess I'll hire Darrell Bevell again!"

That's what Bill did with Bill O'Brien.

Bill's a legend, but he's gone absolutely batshit insane in recent years.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Bill is feeling the effects of not having a stud QB and he has no answers for it. Pete is also feeling those effects now.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Biggest reason in my opinion is GM Bill Belichick, not HC Bill. His defense is still excellent most years but he’s constructed arguably the worst roster in the NFL. Brady covered up a poor roster for his final years. And then his drafting has been atrocious too.

It also just proves how this league is QB driven. Really gotta hit on a top 10 guy or your team is destined to mediocrity.

strohmin

Reaction score
PC won 1 SB. 10 years ago.

BB won 6 SBs. Last was 5 years ago.

Since PC's SB, BB has won 3 SBs.

BB is on the hot seat. PC is not

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!!
One has an owner that knows what they want in their team and has a standard while the other just recently inherited the team and does not have a vision for their team.

strohmin

Reaction score
Biggest reason in my opinion is GM Bill Belichick, not HC Bill. His defense is still excellent most years but he’s constructed arguably the worst roster in the NFL. Brady covered up a poor roster for his final years. And then his drafting has been atrocious too.

It also just proves how this league is QB driven. Really gotta hit on a top 10 guy or your team is destined to mediocrity.
Unless you are the 9ers who have had success with multiple qbs not in the top 10

knownone

Reaction score
The fact that Belichick might get fired says more about Kraft than anything. They don't like each other.

As for Pete, he's made the playoffs in two of the last three seasons (possibly 3 out of 4) and started his rebuild last season. The Patriots are in year four of their rebuild, and they've made the playoffs once during that stretch and have three losing seasons.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Patriots have lost the last 5 games by a combined total of 19 points.

Not that that really means anything, but it boosts my post count which helps me feel less insecure about my tiny penis.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
The fact that Belichick might get fired says more about Kraft than anything. They don't like each other.

As for Pete, he's made the playoffs in two of the last three seasons (possibly 3 out of 4) and started his rebuild last season. The Patriots are in year four of their rebuild, and they've made the playoffs once during that stretch and have three losing seasons.
"Rebuilding"? Rebuilding what? "Oh, but went to the playoff and promptly lost to any team with a pulse for 8 years" AND? Some here want either a Super Bowl Contender OR a team BUILDING a Super Bowl contender. Many of us would happily suffer through a couple Losing season if at the end we had a decent coach, a franchise QB and some actual HOPE of getting back to the Super Bowl. Even the biggest sunshine pumpers here do not pretend we have had a legitimate Super Bowl contender in years. But hey some parents are happy if their kids get Cs and some want their kids to get As. I refuse to live in the blissful world of little or no expectations or accountability but several here are. They love Pete Carroll MORE than the Seahawks and will make every failure the failure of every body else BUT Pete Carroll. Basically just versions of that idiot Russell Wilson fan that left for the Broncos board.

strohmin

Reaction score

I wouldnt call what pete did a rebuild. He shot for the stars and failed. He brought back Bobby, he traded for leonard Williams, he brought back Frank Clark. The moves he made arent rebuilding moves. He really thought we would be a contender this year. The only good thing hes done this year is finally call out players that are not playing upto expectations

knownone

Reaction score
"Rebuilding"? Rebuilding what? "Oh, but went to the playoff and promptly lost to any team with a pulse for 8 years" AND? Some here want either a Super Bowl Contender OR a team BUILDING a Super Bowl contender. Many of us would happily suffer through a couple Losing season if at the end we had a decent coach, a franchise QB and some actual HOPE of getting back to the Super Bowl. Even the biggest sunshine pumpers here do not pretend we have had a legitimate Super Bowl contender in years. But hey some parents are happy if their kids get Cs and some want their kids to get As. I refuse to live in the blissful world of little or no expectations or accountability but several here are. They love Pete Carroll MORE than the Seahawks and will make every failure the failure of every body else BUT Pete Carroll. Basically just versions of that idiot Russell Wilson fan that left for the Broncos board.
Dear Diary[...]

knownone

Reaction score
I wouldnt call what pete did a rebuild. He shot for the stars and failed. He brought back Bobby, he traded for leonard Williams, he brought back Frank Clark. The moves he made arent rebuilding moves. He really thought we would be a contender this year. The only good thing hes done this year is finally call out players that are not playing upto expectations
He moved on from his franchise QB. By most definitions, that's a rebuild. But alright.

renofox

Reaction score
A rebuild does not include trading away future draft picks and pushing cap into the future on an increasing basis every year until you are in cap hell.

In fact, pretty much the opposite is the foundation of a rebuild. Add in dumping ALL your overpriced veterans and amassing as many future draft picks as possible, and playing all your young talent to develop them - now you're talking rebuild.

PC is right when he repeatedly states they're not rebuilding.

xray

Reaction score
If Belichick gets fired 1st ; then there is no gawd . really...:)

knownone

Reaction score
Interesting. So, some people think moving on from a potential HoF QB does not constitute the start of a rebuild.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Your still actually defending Pete and see better things coming?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Interesting. So, some people think moving on from a potential HoF QB does not constitute the start of a rebuild.

Pete doesn't believe so. When moves are made like Seattle has done that's not a rebuild. Those are win now moves.

Latest posts