REPORT: Darrell Bevell Fired

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised it took this long. They better get somebody special to replace him.

Anchovy of Terror

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":1uf7vc5l said:
I'm not totally convinced he was the problem or wasn't a good OC, but given the offensive struggles outside of Wilson magic, and how long he's been OC, I think a bit of a shakeup will be good for both sides.

Not thrilled with possibility of Sarkisian though. I can't say I saw many Falcons games, but the reviews of his work I saw from the Falcons weren't great (granted the offense was so good the year before it was likely to regress somewhat, possibly even if they still had Shanahan).

I agree. he wasn’t the worst OC, in fact I think he was fairly average, but it was time for a fresh eyes to take over. I’m sure he’ll end up some where, he’s got a ring and I’m sure he was paid well so wish him the best.

As far as Sark i think he’s a downgrade. The falcons offense was one of the best last year and then he took over and turned it to a barely top ten (which is 1/3 of the league) offense with Ryan, JJ, sanu, Coleman, and Freeman. Not to mention a pretty damn good line. I personally hope we go with someone who brings a great or new running scheme with him

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Appreciate Bevell for his strong years but it was time to go. I don't think anyone can argue this was a mistake.

Only question is what are the next chess pieces...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":20q37eug said:
Another possibility could be USC offensive coordinator Tee Martin, who it was revealed on Tuesday was interviewed to be the head coach of the Raiders. Oakland general manager Reggie McKenzie is a close friend of Seattle GM John Schneider.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... uffer_tw_m

This would be terrible. All he's known for at hte college level is being a great recruiter. He'd be a much better figurehead head coach then an x's and o's oriented offensive coordinator. I'd rather keep Bevell. Truly.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
thank you whomever finally got it into Petes head that this needed to be done.

Ship

Reaction score
“Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.”

-MLK

Gametime

Reaction score
Maybe Pete heard that Alabama's game winning go route was called "Seattle". They call all their 4 verticals "Seattle". If the whole world sees it, Pete had to eventually.

Maybe we will see an actual creative offense capable of scoring before halftime! :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it isn't over yet, Cable could be made OC, he was in Oakland essentially he called the plays.

original poster

Reaction score
It is sinking in how big this news is, slowly.

This change will shape Wilson's career, for better or worse. It'll shape a lot of offensive players futures.

I wonder if the FO really want Graham back and this was one of the prerequisites of Graham. Reaching a little, I know.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Clayton was right.

Today’s my 20th anniversary and I couldn’t have asked for a better present.

It’s time for some change and adaptability.

chris98251

Reaction score
No news on Seahawks.com yet. I imagine possible other news and or a press conference early AM tomorrow.
The timing of the news was indeed strange PFT reported it at 2:47 AM.

Rob12

Reaction score
I don’t post here at all anymore really but I think it’s chickenshit to shovel dirt onto his grave. It was time for change - for both sides - but reading this thread makes me think that some people here genuinely hate the man. Let’s all forget that he helped orchestrate a 35 point thrashing of the Broncos in SB 48. He helped develop Russell Wilson, a 3rd round pick, into an elite talent at the QB position. That’s rare. He was our OC overseeing some of the most prolific Seahawk offenses of all-time. And by all accounts, he’s a good man. I’m glad that the Seahawks are making a much needed change but I, for one at least, appreciate the hell out of what he accomplished here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

original poster

Reaction score
Think it was around 11.30pm Tuesday evening it was initially reported. (Seattle time).