REPORT: Darrell Bevell Fired

chris98251

Reaction score
Rob12":1jn0mwy0 said:
I don’t post here at all anymore really but I think it’s chickenshit to shovel dirt onto his grave. It was time for change - for both sides - but reading this thread makes me think that some people here genuinely hate the man. Let’s all forget that he helped orchestrate a 35 point thrashing of the Broncos in SB 48. He helped develop Russell Wilson, a 3rd round pick, into an elite talent at the QB position. That’s rare. He was our OC overseeing some of the most prolific Seahawk offenses of all-time. And by all accounts, he’s a good man. I’m glad that the Seahawks are making a much needed change but I, for one at least, appreciate the hell out of what he accomplished here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not dirt, concrete..........

He helped him, maybe, Russell seemed to be pretty on top of things out of the gate, remember the KC Game and he credited TJack a lot with helping in the film room.

Super Bowl game?

Was he the DC there as well?

He could not figure out how to use Harvin other then a Bubble Screen, as well.

Appreciate his contributions but I am not going to heap praise on him for Elite players overcoming his predicable and bland offense.

Rob12

Reaction score
Never “heaped praise on him.” I think he did some good things. And I said twice that it was a needed change. And people can say what they want about the last play of 49, but if you watch that play frame by frame, the TD was there. RW missed slightly on the throw and in a game of inches, that matters a lot.

Again - just so all understand - I think it’s best that he was let go. But some of the posts in this thread are ass and downright childish.

Now it’s time for Cable to go as well. If he stays, then DB is nothing more than a scapegoat and the problems will continue to persist.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
Rob12":2xruwtx8 said:
Never “heaped praise on him.” I think he did some good things. And I said twice that it was a needed change. And people can say what they want about the last play of 49, but if you watch that play frame by frame, the TD was there. RW missed slightly on the throw and in a game of inches, that matters a lot.

Again - just so all understand - I think it’s best that he was let go. But some of the posts in this thread are ass and downright childish.

Now it’s time for Cable to go as well. If he stays, then DB is nothing more than a scapegoat and the problems will continue to persist.
i agree with the scapegoat bit cable gotta go too

chris98251

Reaction score
Rob12":kw86zr7m said:

Well that was what Sherman Smith was last year.

I do agree, Cable was given the task of making the run game work as well as coach the O line, neither happened, Bevell making an offense work without both of those was asked a impossible task also, But his situational play calling and usage of personnel was also very suspect the last few years especially not to mention Super Bowl 49.

Anchovy of Terror

Reaction score
Rob12":oim1ngdg said:
I don’t post here at all anymore really but I think it’s chickenshit to shovel dirt onto his grave. It was time for change - for both sides - but reading this thread makes me think that some people here genuinely hate the man. Let’s all forget that he helped orchestrate a 35 point thrashing of the Broncos in SB 48. He helped develop Russell Wilson, a 3rd round pick, into an elite talent at the QB position. That’s rare. He was our OC overseeing some of the most prolific Seahawk offenses of all-time. And by all accounts, he’s a good man. I’m glad that the Seahawks are making a much needed change but I, for one at least, appreciate the hell out of what he accomplished here.

I agree he gets dumped on more then he deserves, but the dude has a ring and I’m sure got paid well. He was here for like what, 8 or 9 years? That’s more stability then most coaches get. Can’t say I feel sorry for the guy, I’m sure he will get a job somewhere else. He’s just average not necessarily bad, who knows maybe a new place might help him hone his craft.

original poster

Reaction score
Anchovy of Terror":vbosggns said:
Rob12":vbosggns said:

I agree he gets dumped on more then he deserves, but the dude has a ring and I’m sure got paid well. He was here for like what, 8 or 9 years? That’s more stability then most coaches get. Can’t say I feel sorry for the guy, I’m sure he will get a job somewhere else. He’s just average not necessarily bad, who knows maybe a new place might help him hone his craft.

7 years :)

hawknation2018

Reaction score
P.S. Hope Bevell lands on his feet. With a Super Bowl ring, several great rushing offenses on his resume, and the #1 QB in passing TDs and total yards this year, I'm sure someone will give him another opportunity very soon.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
And now back to the already-scheduled celebration:

source.gif

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Pete is taking the gloves off. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Be afraid, rest of the NFL. Be very afraid.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2018":aie0o2o7 said:
Pete is taking the gloves off. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Be afraid, rest of the NFL. Be very afraid.

Lets see what the press conference and other news brings before we roll out the Gauntlet for the league, He may be just going up the chain of command so to speak, position coaches first why it took so long to hear news, then coordinators why we heard news about Bradley next and now Bevell, next would be Cable as Asst Head Coach as well as run game and O line coach.

randomation

Reaction score
And Cable?

Anyway Ding Dong the Witch is Dead Long Live King Russell First of His Name. :irishdrinkers:

Vpk0718

Reaction score
I'll be excited when both are gone. Not just one.

Cable still means a garbage o-line.

Vesuve

Reaction score
lukerguy":2vdz2ynt said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/950992123024715776[/tweet]

Finally .

A bit late, but finally.

endzorn

Reaction score
If Cable isn’t fired then this move doesn’t matter to me. There isn’t an offensive coordinator on this planet who can call a functioning offense behind Cable’s offensive line.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
endzorn":2ps8fnzk said:
If Cable isn’t fired then this move doesn’t matter to me. There isn’t an offensive coordinator on this planet who can call a functioning offense behind Cable’s offensive line.

Exactly, it still blows my mind that Bevell gets most of the blame/hatred from fans.