not impressed with niners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punter

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":31cxldrc said:
lvnginhwktwn":31cxldrc said:
Sports Hernia":31cxldrc said:
That why they always get curbstomped in Seattle.

Then why are so many of your Hawk brethren hoping for a 49er loss before there is a chance to meet us in the playoffs?

If they are like me, they are torn. The thought of getting the Niners in the Clink is attractive, but in order for that to happen there is a requirement for them to win and I never like a Niners win. Only if it meant the difference in Seattle playing at home or on the road.

Think about this. Last year there were loads of Niner fans begging to get Seattle at the Stick for their revenge game after the Merry Massacre. But in the Seattle/ATL game thread on the Niners.com board, the Niner fans were furious that Seattle took the lead for what appeared to be a 20 point 4th quarter comeback win. That would be the difference in playing the NFCC at home against the Hawks rather than traveling across the country to play the Falcons.

Why is that? Why would a Niner fan be pissed about the Hawks winning (and a lot of them were) when it meant getting the NFCC at home? They celebrated the FG by Bryant, which put the Niners on the road against ATL.

Because we fear the familiar faces in the playoffs. We feared the seahawks cause we knew they know us well and match up well with us.

rjas77

Reaction score

Punter

Reaction score
Polaris":18dqkwv8 said:
Punter":18dqkwv8 said:
Polaris":18dqkwv8 said:
Punter":18dqkwv8 said:
Better pray for NO to not contain you midget inside the pocket or make him roll left.

Please continue to believe in that utter rubbish. I won't mind.

Please continue to believe Kap is a one read passer.

He is. Ok, he's a two read passer. His numbers and film absolutely bear this out. If Crab and Boldin aren't open, he's a deer-in-the-headlights. I saw it today and it's not the first time. It's one huge reason you lost to the Panthers earlier in the season.

Check also how if Wilson is contained he's not as good, niners did it the last time they face him, they did it for 3 qtrs at clink the last time also, go and check.

Mitch

Reaction score
9ers are razor thin at corner. Perrish Cox played the whole game. How many times was he cut by the Hawks and 9ers this year?

Throwdown

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3kehdpej said:
BdQv5ygIEAAHM84.jpg

Look at Swizz Beats and Jadakiss

Polaris

Reaction score
Punter":10apjlx1 said:
Check also how if Wilson is contained he's not as good, niners did it the last time they face him, they did it for 3 qtrs at clink the last time also, go and check.

Neither QB is as good, but the numbers don't lie. Wilson is an excellent pocket passer if you look at his body of work. Your Niners did a good job in the stick, but you still only won by 2 thanks to a last minute FG AT HOME in a game you were lucky to win. Edit: I'll also point out that even at 5-0, there was absolutely no indication that the Niners that game would get ANY offense from Kaepernick that game. The 5 pts would have stood.

However, if you want to believe Wilson is so terrible if contained, be my guest. Far be it from me to piece someone else's delusions...and it is a delusion.

I also point out that the Niners are significantly thinner in the secondary then they were when they faced Seattle last, while Seattle has actually gotten stronger.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Punter":3exlqqig said:

Are you implying that quarterbacks don't perform as well when their receivers are covered and they don't have scrambling lanes? :shock:

I wonder if any other quarterbacks are affected by this strange phenomenon you describe.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
60niners":xjesav2g said:
I didn't come here to talk crap but to ask an honest question: you're not impressed, fair enough; do you think the Seahawks could have gone on the road in -14° and won that game?

Serious question.

I think so. I don’t know if I would have called it easy though. I do not think that the Packers would have been able to get the points they did. It was cold and that had to play a big role. The way the refs were calling that game I don't know if GB would have had 13.

The Niners secondary is off. They are clearly not at the level of the front. I get that they are lacking solid depth, but there is no question that they have issues.

That actually shouldn't hurt them too much in Carolina, who really isn't a big passing threat. I have to say though, there were a lot of tackles being made by SF DBs in that game because Lacy and Company got into the second level of the Niner defense.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
'Your Niners did a good job in the stick, but you still only won by 2 thanks to a last minute FG AT HOME in a game you were lucky to win."

Seams to me that your Hawks only won by 3 with a last minute field goal against the Buc's, and that was at home in the Clink with the 12th man. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't RW your QB that day? So was that luck?

Punter

Reaction score
Polaris":2gm9spwv said:
Punter":2gm9spwv said:

Neither QB is as good, but the numbers don't lie. Wilson is an excellent pocket passer if you look at his body of work. Your Niners did a good job in the stick, but you still only won by 2 thanks to a last minute FG AT HOME in a game you were lucky to win. Edit: I'll also point out that even at 5-0, there was absolutely no indication that the Niners that game would get ANY offense from Kaepernick that game. The 5 pts would have stood.

However, if you want to believe Wilson is so terrible if contained, be my guest. Far be it from me to piece someone else's delusions...and it is a delusion.

I also point out that the Niners are significantly thinner in the secondary then they were when they faced Seattle last, while Seattle has actually gotten stronger.

I'm not saying he's terrible when contained he's not Michael Vick. All I'm saying is he's not that good, the guy is a midget just face it is physics, same as Kap is a long strider without Wilson quickness.

Polaris

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1ehe9yun said:
'Your Niners did a good job in the stick, but you still only won by 2 thanks to a last minute FG AT HOME in a game you were lucky to win."

Seams to me that your Hawks only won by 3 with a last minute field goal against the Buc's, and that was at home in the Clink with the 12th man. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't RW your QB that day? So was that luck?

You obviously didn't watch or even review the statistics of that TB game. In the first 1.8 Qtrs of that game, yes, Seattle played a wretched game, but most of it was big plays by TB along with at least one huge mistake by Seattle special teams.

After TB went up 21-0, if you look at the rest of the game, Seattle absolutely dominated the game. I also point out that if you look at the rest of the season, TB wasn't nearly as bad as it seemed at the time.

Of course, do I have to point out how the Niners were one lucky bounce from losing to an absolutely horrific Atlanta team....and a lot more recently?

Polaris

Reaction score
Punter":cm98hwk1 said:
I'm not saying he's terrible when contained he's not Michael Vick. All I'm saying is he's not that good, the guy is a midget just face it is physics, same as Kap is a long strider without Wilson quickness.

I know what you are saying. You are wrong. The stats say you are wrong. Heck, in his senior year at Wisconsion, Wilson was completing passes at a record pace behind a Big-10 line that was BIGGER than most NFL lines.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Don't bother responding to Punter, anymore. He is currently and forever incapacitated.

49ers

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":16ipqgma said:
Don't bother responding to Punter, anymore. He is currently and forever incapacitated.
Hey, is there a way I can straight up donate to these forums instead of buying stuff?

Also, do I get anything promotional-wise for donating like on Reddit? Thanks!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Punter":2kul4u2z said:
Better pray for NO to not contain you midget inside the pocket or make him roll left.

As if it really matters. Wilson is one of the few guys who can roll to the left and throw. Wilson has made Rob Ryan look like an idiot from the pocket too.

Funny, RW's first win came at the hands of Rob Ryan's defense, including a sweet 22 yard TD from the pocket. Of course he had a few more like that in his second meeting against a Rob Ryan defense. In those 2 games against the defensive "guru" RW is 37/50 for 470 yards, 4 TDs, 75 yards rushing, no interceptions, no fumbles and is 2-0. The numbers against the Saints are ridiculous. So you better bark up a different tree. I wouldn't count on Rob Ryan putting together anything unique for Russell Wilson.

rjas77

Reaction score
Keeping in the theme of the topic...In addition to what has alreadsy been said, here's a couple more reasons why I'm not too impressed with the Niners.

The last three years they have regressed in number of regular season wins, all the while the Seahawks have progressed. Sure the made it to the Superbowl, but one could easily argue the Seahawks were 32 seconds away as well. In the end neither team won. Let's face it....there's no points for second best

Harbaugh inherited a team with a lot of talent, Carrol inherited a team that was old and in less than three years completely turned over the roster into the team we see today. Something to think about as the next few years the heart of the Niner's will be past their prime, all the while the heart of the Seahawks will be coming into theirs. In short...for the nines, their window is quickly closing.

The Niner's had their run at the top of the division for a brief two years, there's a new Sheriff in town.

I honestly see us winning this week easily...and I don't think the Niners get past the Panthers, but if they do..then we will take care of business the the NFCCG.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3ervc45i said:
Legion12Boom":3ervc45i said:
Agree totally, Niners didn't do much to impress today. They really should of lost that game, if the Packers just would have done a little better on defense they'd be going to Carolina next week not SF. I think the Niners 9 lives are getting ready to run out. If you look at it they realistically should have lost the last 3 games, Falcons, Cardinals, and Packers today.

Go Hawks!!

You mean realistically how you should have lost to the Rams, the Bucs. You beat the Bucs at home by a field goal why is that more impressive than anyone else's wins this year?

The Hawks are good but they're far from God's gift to football. "Any given Sunday".

Nope, we shouldn't lost to the Bucs. Sure they went up 21-0 on us because of an INT at TB21 after the Seahawks drove 59 yards on their first possesion, a poor defensive game plan that had the Seahawks in pass-rush packages, and the Bucs were running it, and kick-off return fumble that gave TB great field possession.

So yeah it was 21-0 TB in the first 28 minutes. But it was 27-3 Seahawks in the last 40 minutes, and the Seahawks squandered another opportunity to score with a goal-line INT at TB3 after driving 72 yards still down 24-17.

At no point not even at 21-0, I thought the Seahawks were going to lose, sure they dug themselves a grave, but they weren't going to be the last one buried in it.

If you want to say Seahawks should have lost to @Houston and @Rams, then I could argue we should have won @Indy and @SFO.

Sherman's pick 6 at Hou was just as lucky as Gore's 51 yarder (that was only capable by an egregious hold on Sherman by Boldin literally grabbing and pulling his arm, do you know who's zone and contain Gore made his cutback into? Sherman's)

Seattle's Goal-Line stand @ Rams in a game that was a defensive battle just like @ Indy was a shootout. Just like Tate's long TD, Hilton got lucky on his long TD. Plus, Indy's game had some of the worst officiating I've ever seen, Indy WRs were flopping and pushing off getting drive extending penalties, and Colts DB were pretty much allowed wrap their entire bodies around Seattles WR. Seahawks squandered 5 opportunities to turn FGs into TDs, and had a punt block that was an inches away from being TD rather than Safety, and also had a FG blocked that was recovered for a Colts TD and created a 10 point swing and got Indy back in the game after it looked like they would lose all hope and momentum down 12-0 halfway through the 1st QTR.

If you want to argue Seahawks should have lost to the Panthers, I could argue just the same we should have beat the Cardinals in Seattle.

If you want to say those things fine, but don't say the Seahawks should have lost to TB, because once we settled down and adjusted and realized TB was giving us everything they got, we dominated them. The score says 27-24 OT win but they weren't even close to winning even after it was 24-7 TB in the 3rd QTR. And if Seahawks weren't constantly shooting themselves in the foot that game it could have easily been a 38-17 Seahawks win w/ no OT needed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3sjiqpbi said:
Just an FYI -- less bait threads about the 9ers would probably mean less 9ers fans, or at least less posts by them. Just saying. :) Do 9ers fans (save for the ones that are regulars) even post in non-9ers threads? I don't really see it that frequently at all.
I thought you said you don't play the victim card?????

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Green Bay is just too slow on defense to ever beat Keapernick and Micah Hyde completely blew an obvious and easy interception end of story.

Largent80

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2nnw0qm9 said:
Legion12Boom":2nnw0qm9 said:
Agree totally, Niners didn't do much to impress today. They really should of lost that game, if the Packers just would have done a little better on defense they'd be going to Carolina next week not SF. I think the Niners 9 lives are getting ready to run out. If you look at it they realistically should have lost the last 3 games, Falcons, Cardinals, and Packers today.

Go Hawks!!

You beat the Bucs at home by a field goal why is that more impressive than anyone else's wins this year?

We were down 21-0 in the first half, I would say that is damned impressive. We didn't win on a last second field goal in the final seconds like sf has the last 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.