not impressed with niners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin49

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2muc7byf said:
The_Z_Man":2muc7byf said:
Marvin49":2muc7byf said:
Oh please EC...you're better than that. I'll give you the actual INT and the one at the end but the first one to Vernon could have been a TD had Vernon put up more of an effort (tho admittedly not a perfect throw) and the TD pass was a damn good throw BETWEEN defenders. If you count that TD as "should have been an INT" you are showing your colors.

Talk about homerism... every single time Kaep beats the Packers, 49ers act as if he is the second coming! And then when he comes back down to earth, he's just terrible.

Dude is a great athlete and has a good arm... that's it.

He looks great against the Packers, yea, but even Eli Manning lit up the Packers this year. ;)

Hell of an athlete with a big arm.

After week 1, they thought he had finally arrived and the confetti was flying over at the WZ. After week 3, his passer rating hadn't reached 50 in two weeks and they were ready to string him up or trade him away (although Marvin was pretty level headed about it).

Now he's the golden child again. Will see what happens in Carolina next week but I don't think that defense rolls over like GB did.

Thanks for acknowledging that.

Fanbases teter back and forth all the time...in particular at the QB position in SF (49er fans hated Steve Young for years because he committed the cardinal sin of not being Joe Montana. NEWSFLASH: Many fans make decisions based on emotion and not "fact"). Kap is learning and getting better all the time. Is he where Niner fans would like him to be? No. To say tho that he "has an arm and legs and that's it" is selling him short in a big way.

HansGruber

Reaction score
60niners":3e5bxrgi said:
E.C. Laloosh":3e5bxrgi said:
60niners":3e5bxrgi said:
I didn't come here to talk crap but to ask an honest question: you're not impressed, fair enough; do you think the Seahawks could have gone on the road in -14° and won that game?

Serious question.

What is that saying about stupid questions again?

Playing a team that had no business in the playoffs with one of the worst defenses to set foot on a field in a decade? Sure, I think we could manage that. Kaeptain One Read all but gift wrapped that game for them in the final drive w/ that pass to the flat that almost went the other way for six.
I ask a serious question, and get a handful of ignorant responses, fancy that.

I will only say that I disagree. The Seahawks aren't as good on the road as you want to thank they are, in fact they don't have a single impressive road win all season. Don't say @Carolina either because Carolina doesn't have a great home field advantage, and they started the season 1-3.

The Packers defense did give up a lot of yards this season, but last I checked the Seattle offense was sputtering lately...

Typical Niner troll.

Nobody here cares about the niners. You should be worried about that road trip to Carolina. They won't be cream puffs like Green Bay.

SF played terribly on offense. And we all know if the Packers hadn't lost half their already poor defense to injuries, as well as their #1 and #2 running backs, they would have beaten a lackluster Niners team that couldn't make anything happen on the ground.

It's hilarious that you weak little trolls come after the division champions and NFC #1 seed to talk trash after BARELY squeaking out a win against the weakest team in the playoffs. Such a joke.

And not one of you will be here after you lose. I hope it happens in Seattle so I can laugh in your troll faces before you all run off and turn back into Sharks fans, or whatever team happens to be winning at the moment. Half these Niner fans will be wearing their Raiders gear again once they get curb stomped by Carolina

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":39qiyt1j said:
Yeah, four is definitely gilding the lily.

As for the one actual INT, I think three things we're going on, in order of importance:

1. Williams just deserves a ton of credit and made a hell of a play on that ball. He kept his eyes in the backfield while turning his hips because he knew he had help over top and what was happening, and neither Kaep nor Davis was expecting him to be there because of it. Just a really heady defensive play.

2. Kaep didn't expect him to be there and floated the pass a bit. It was a touch pass over the LB in Zone (which he's not supposed to be able to do), but it hung a little bit.

3. Vernon didn't go up for the ball because he also wasn't expecting Williams to make that play. If he goes up for the ball rather than just waiting for it to come to him it's also a different outcome.

IMO the dropped pick by Hyde (which wasn't an INT) was a MUCH, MUCH worse throw by Kaep than this play which ended up being an INT. The throw definitely hung and some blame is deserved there, but that alone doesn't get us that far in explaining that play, what happened, and why it happened.

Popeye, I'd never accuse you of ignoring logic but take those same throws in a game against a secondary that has A) speed/length and B) skill.

The seam route is the only one that I'd question being a pick but only if the timing and placement were so good that quality players like Earl and Kam/KJ didn't have a chance at it. My guess is that ET would have been running in the opposite direction with the ball on that one. Do you honestly disagree? Both defenders were in range to make a play, they recognized the route but the safety was slow in getting there and the linebacker never turned to make a play on the ball (which is actually understandable, VD is hard for a LB to cover so the focus is generally just keeping up w/ him).

HansGruber

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":26gwvitq said:
Sports Hernia":26gwvitq said:
That why they always get curbstomped in Seattle.

Then why are so many of your Hawk brethren hoping for a 49er loss before there is a chance to meet us in the playoffs?

So that trolls like you will go back to wearing Raiders gear and pretending to enjoy baseball, stabbing people in the parking lot - you know... basically something other than trolling Seahawk sites and trying to get attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.