I love our chances against the Niners

StoneCold

Reaction score
Whatever happens, we should make sure to not give any help to the OTs when Bosa tosses them around. Eventually he'll tire himself out and then not using the RB or TE to help the rookie tackles will look like 6D chess!
Absolutely. Fire is the best teacher. Let them burn! 200

chris98251

Reaction score
We need to set the tone and attack them physically and go for it early and not play protect anything.

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
Seahawks vs Niners preview with predictions. All ten predictions are pointing to a Seahawks loss.

Brock Purdy is doing pretty good for a rookie, would anyone trade Drew Lock for Brock Purdy? I would take a guess and say, most would. Pete said, Drew Lock is better than any QB in the last draft, this doesn't look true at the moment.

Two more years, then the Seahawks should be ready for a playoff game against the Niners.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I think far too many people on this board want to see the seahawks lose just so they flood the board with their utterly useless and senseless "I told you so" threads.
And they'll be about, Pete, Jodi, JS, DK, the Defense, Geno, Diggs, Barton and Hurtt.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The lack of respect in the media is unsurprising. No team is given less a chance this weekend. I like it being a third meeting and IDK I think we beat them. Just have that feeling too.

But watch us get bounced in a later round to some team that's embarrassing, Like Brady's Bucs.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The lack of respect in the media is unsurprising. No team is given less a chance this weekend. I like it being a third meeting and IDK I think we beat them. Just have that feeling too.

But watch us get bounced in a later round to some team that's embarrassing, Like Brady's Bucs.
Yeah, it’s so unsurprising that people would pick a team on a ten game winning streak, with one of the best group of offensive weapons including a tremendous RB, the best D in the league vs a team that squeaked out only 3 close wins in the last 8 games, against bad teams, who have struggled mightily to stop the run, and who have already been soundly beaten twice by their opponent.

Of all the “disrespect” people complain about, this shouldn’t be one of them. The line has stayed at 10/9.5 all week, meaning the betting public thinks the Niners win by 2 scores. It’s a worse matchup on paper than when the first division leader with a losing record to have a home playoff game vs the defending champions, and that one worked out alright. Ninety percent of people outside of Seahawkers fans are going to pick the Niners because they’ve paid attention to the season. We are rightfully viewed as big underdogs. That just means if we win, we’ll have another of the biggest playoff upsets in league history and there’s no pressure on us. Win or lose, unless they totally shit the bed, it’ll be another huge step in rebuilding a contender.

keasley45

Reaction score
This game is going to hinge on whether or not Shane Waldron can add enough variations. There is a back and forth in another thread about whether DK's lazy route or Geno throwing it to him late were at fault for Ramsey getting his first interception. Personally I blame Waldron. We ran the same play to DK to start the first Rams game. Yes, DK ran a lazy route, but how many times do you want to throw the same route as the opening play against a three time All-Pro? It was a stupid play call. A lot of the balls that Geno have thrown that people are jumping are routes we have been running way too often. The playoffs are all about running variations so the film will tell the opponent one thing while we are doing another. If Waldron does that one thing, I like our chances. The Niners have played us very aggressively this season, but their DBs can be had, because they jump a lot of stuff.

Andy Dickerson is going to have his best game as well. The team needs to disguise when we are pulling the guards or tackles better than we have. While we were on the losing streak, defensive tackles were knifing into the back field to disrupt our pullers. This kept the other defensive linemen clean and our running game was stagnant.

Also, Clint Hurtt needs to come up with the game of his life. I am a hater, but if he comes up with the right defensive calls in this one, I may step off the he needs to be fired ASAP train. Green Bay improved their Fangio tree defense midseason by having their people stop running around ignoring the QB and actually focusing on where he was going and their defense finished much better than it was early in the season. We need to get to that point as well.
Agree. Oddly, the fact that the playcalling has been 'off' , vanilla, ... stunted by the fact that we've had incredibly poor interior line play and pass protection might give us an advantage. The 9ers cant look at our tape from our last 2 meetings and hope to glean anything of meaning from it. They honestly cant really rely on the tape from the last 7 weeks, given we havent put anything on it that shows a cohesive offensive approach. We've been piecemealing it for weeks, patching together series just to get by. Granted, this game might be the same, but i'd bet the Hawks are going to run some stuff we havent since our 7-3 run and variations on a bunch of other plays.

I also expect Shane to build in quite a bit more designed run plays for Geno. Its been effective in keeping defenses honest and turned some critical 3rd down conversions. Its also NOT been something we've done enough of that you can get a tell from reviewing game film. Which makes it exactly the kind of thing i expect us to hit the 9ers with to offset the pressure that will no doubt be coming. Especially up the middle (Blythe just cant hiold his spot).

Defensively - its potentially (and ironically) the same deal. We've been a bit faster to the ball and 'hawking' since Brooks went down and Adams has found his footing. the dline will be healthy and i expect Hurtt to bring pressure, stunts and twists a lot more than he did prior to Brooks being out. The D just seems a bit more 'together' over the last few weeks. Might that be because of the opponents? Sure. But they also look the part of a faster, more comfortable and aggressive unit. Could be the chemistry is a bit better with the subtraction of Brooks...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have no beef with anyone who thinks the Seahawks have next to no chance. On paper AND on the field, the 49ers look prepared to go all the way and win the Championship. Even with the rook QB who has been playing excellent (i.e. do what's asked, get the ball into your many playmaker's hands). The Seahawks would have to play their A+ game with no turnovers (and creating some) to win this game. We also need to be very physical, set the tone from the beginning. Enough of these 3-13, 3-18, 3-10 3 and out nonsense. Fight fire with fire. Attack, be aggressive, gap contain, TACKLE on the first contact...Play sound, disciplined AGGRESSIVE football and the Seahawks can make it to the divisional round.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The more the media lays on how the 49ers are just the best NFL team in the last 50 years and how they're a lock for the superb owl this year, the more I think it bodes well for the upset.

Rookie QBs, eventually have a rookie performance and Purdy is due. That secondary can be exploited and we got k9 back too! Let's rain all over this media parade!

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Still obsessing over Lance eh Arlos?
Our winning would set up 2023. They’d bring Lance back for sure. Purdy gets them past Dallas and Philly, theyll find themselves choosing not to recoup between the Maccaffrey and Lance deals by keeping Purdy as an insurance policy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Also, WTF is with Colin Cowherd. That guy just looks for any excuse to hate on the Seahawks. Refuses to give us any credit.

Cowherd's like the rest of the sports media dinosaurs, he hates when he's wrong and everyone shoves it in his face.

Dude swung from Russell's pubes for a decade, and declared Pete old and tired, and now everyone's laughing at him.

So of course he's going to double down and keep on hating to hopefully be vindicated.

Ego's a helluva drug.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
My heart says we have a shot at shocking the world. My head says were going to get embarrassed. The best defense in the NFL against one of the worst is a recipe for disaster.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Also, WTF is with Colin Cowherd. That guy just looks for any excuse to hate on the Seahawks. Refuses to give us any credit.
Pete Prisco too.

Steve Tannen on 95.3 the Score. They announce it is the "home of Seahawks football" and this guy is from the east coast and hates the Seahawks.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Agree. Oddly, the fact that the playcalling has been 'off' , vanilla, ... stunted by the fact that we've had incredibly poor interior line play and pass protection might give us an advantage. The 9ers cant look at our tape from our last 2 meetings and hope to glean anything of meaning from it. They honestly cant really rely on the tape from the last 7 weeks, given we havent put anything on it that shows a cohesive offensive approach. We've been piecemealing it for weeks, patching together series just to get by. Granted, this game might be the same, but i'd bet the Hawks are going to run some stuff we havent since our 7-3 run and variations on a bunch of other plays.

I also expect Shane to build in quite a bit more designed run plays for Geno. Its been effective in keeping defenses honest and turned some critical 3rd down conversions. Its also NOT been something we've done enough of that you can get a tell from reviewing game film. Which makes it exactly the kind of thing i expect us to hit the 9ers with to offset the pressure that will no doubt be coming. Especially up the middle (Blythe just cant hiold his spot).

Defensively - its potentially (and ironically) the same deal. We've been a bit faster to the ball and 'hawking' since Brooks went down and Adams has found his footing. the dline will be healthy and i expect Hurtt to bring pressure, stunts and twists a lot more than he did prior to Brooks being out. The D just seems a bit more 'together' over the last few weeks. Might that be because of the opponents? Sure. But they also look the part of a faster, more comfortable and aggressive unit. Could be the chemistry is a bit better with the subtraction of Brooks...
I’ve been wondering if Barton is better at having the green dot and getting guys lined up than Brooks is.

Latest posts