I love our chances against the Niners

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Why?

The Niners are on a 10 game win streak!

I actually love this!

So much pressure on them to continue winning.

The Niners gotta lose some time! Lol. Why can’t it be against their divisional rival, the Seattle Seahawks?

All win streaks end some time!

No pressure on Seattle!

I love it!

Let’s go!!!!!

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Exactly. This is house money for us. Enjoy the week leading up to the game, enjoy the discussion and let’s go out and play loose and carefree and go out and shock the world. The 49ers are a veteran team heavily favored and rightfully so, but this is the playoffs and anything can happen. I like the Hawks in an upset 34-31

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
House $ for sure. ALL the pressure is on Santa Clara. Hawks can play loose and w/that chip on their shoulders. Not saying they are gonna win, but the are capable if they play their best game of the season. We've seen what this team can do when they play 4 good quarters of football.

Somone coming in to shoot down any positive outlook in 3.....2.....1......

bileever

Reaction score
The 49ers (along with the Eagles) are the class of the NFC. They have the number one offense, passing and rushing. They have the number one defense. The 49ers rushing defense was so much better than anyone else's it is crazy, so a run-heavy game plan will likely fail. It will be a tough, no matter how you look at it.

Our best chance is that the 49ers are looking past the Seahawks and will underestimate them based on the two prior games. We also need: (1) the phenom Brock Purdy to come back to earth and play like the rookie that he is, (2) to exploit their secondary, which might be their weak link, (3) for the ball to bounce the right way a couple of times, and (4) Shanahan to coach like it's the 2017 or 2020 Super Bowl.

Marvin49

Reaction score
This is the NFL. Every team can beat any other team on any given week.

It didn't really manifest itself in the two games this year, but the 49ers D DOES have a weakness. His name is Deommodore Lenoir. 49ers have been beaten deep too often this year. If they don't get pressure and Hufanga has his eyes on wrong spot (which has happened more often of late) Lenoir can get exposed deep down the field. I'd expect to see Geno throw some deep shots to to take advantage.

Hufanga is really good, but he takes alot of chances and when he guesses wrong, they can get gashed.

That scares me a bit with Geno and two excellent deep threats.

Also worth noting....current forcast is 57 degrees and alot of rain.

Weather is the great equalizer.

Call me crazy, but I'd have rather faced Rodgers again.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
The first game we lost 27-7.

The next game we scored 6 more points and they scored 6 less, 21-13.

So, this next game we'll also score 6 more points and they'll score 6 less, so we win 19-15.

It's just what the math says and you can't argue with math.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The Niners may be the best all around team in the NFL right now, but that doesn't mean they are unstoppable. Over the years, I've seen previous playoff games where one opponent had beaten the other twice in the season, and more often than not, in those games, the teams ended up 2-1. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe the Niners will put a pounding on us on Sunday, but one thing I learned this year, is that watching games with low to no expectations for the year has been a lot of fun. Making the playoffs with no expectation to do so, is a really great feeling. I would love to know what it feels like to win this weekend with no expectations.

Optimus25

Reaction score
The 49ers (along with the Eagles) are the class of the NFC. They have the number one offense, passing and rushing. They have the number one defense. The 49ers rushing defense was so much better than anyone else's it is crazy, so a run-heavy game plan will likely fail. It will be a tough, no matter how you look at it.

Our best chance is that the 49ers are looking past the Seahawks and will underestimate them based on the two prior games. We also need: (1) the phenom Brock Purdy to come back to earth and play like the rookie that he is, (2) to exploit their secondary, which might be their weak link, (3) for the ball to bounce the right way a couple of times, and (4) Shanahan to coach like it's the 2017 or 2020 Super Bowl.
To your point (1)- I feel like he played like a rookie against us last time.

That was my first chance to scout him and i wasnt terribly impressed.

Shanahan gets the credit for those TDs in my opinion, he caught the hawks completely unprepared in both of kittles strikes. I could have thrown both of those TDs with ease.

I think we’re in this more than the 9ers fans think we’re in this.

Marvin49

Reaction score
To your point (1)- I feel like he played like a rookie against us last time.

That was my first chance to scout him and i wasnt terribly impressed.

Shanahan gets the credit for those TDs in my opinion, he caught the hawks completely unprepared in both of kittles strikes. I could have thrown both of those TDs with ease.

I think we’re in this more than the 9ers fans think we’re in this.

I can't speak for all Niner fans but I'm not discounting Seattle at all.

Do I THINK the 49ers will win? Yes...but its not like I'm super confident. Divisional opponents are always a problem.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Niners need to go into this game like they are facing prime Lynch and the LOB at their peak. take nothing for granted

StoneCold

Reaction score
Niner's are a better team. No one's looking past anyone. Previous winning streaks mean nothing. Only way we win is to make fewer mistakes. Our margin for error is small, but we can win this game.

DK needs to add some stickum to his hands, and keep his hands off opposing players after the whistle. Locket just needs to be Locket. One place where we need, I say NEED to see improvement, is Oline. On the 1st and goal against the Rams we got blown up 3 times in a row. No push, no holes. They need to Make some openings for K9 and keep Geno clean. The more they do that the better chance we have.

D needs to tackle and get into the right position. We did a decent job of that against the Rams, but of course the Niner's are a much better offense.

It's a tall order. I'm looking forward to it. GO HAWKS!

hawks85

Reaction score
I won't be surprised one bit if the 9ers mop the floor with us, but at the same time I won't be surprised if we give the 9ers a complete prison beating either.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Why?

The Niners are on a 10 game win streak!

I actually love this!

So much pressure on them to continue winning.

The Niners gotta lose some time! Lol. Why can’t it be against their divisional rival, the Seattle Seahawks?

All win streaks end some time!

No pressure on Seattle!

I love it!

Let’s go!!!!!
You’re quite the optimist, I’ll give you that.

94Smith

Reaction score
The first outing, they boat raced the Seahawks. The second time, with a "hot" (30+ pts per game) Purdy not so much. Team was within striking distance in the second half.
I will remind you that the 49ers knelt on the 1 yard line to close out the game in Seattle. So that was basically a 15 point victory and they had 170 yards on the ground. In Seattle

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm calling for more Tricky Dickson and some fake punt shenanigans, and at least one lateral or flea flicker.

But I feel in reality we need Ken to turn into an x-man like in his UM 5 TD record setting game, I think.

We'll certainly need a better Geno with 0 turnovers.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The Seahawks defense needs to play lights out to have a chance. Geno and company as well. It's winnable, but will require mistake free football.