not impressed with niners

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawker84

Reaction score
Peeps will see stuff the way they want to see it. Thats what's happening here. You WANT to see that crack in the armor, so you do

No i see cracks in the armor because if not for a late game interception off the back of an Atlanta reciever when the ball hit him dead smack in the hands, you lose to a very bad ATL team, if not for a easy pick six drop by a GB defensive back, you lose to a very bad GB Defensive team.

Carolina has a very mediocre offense, i think both defenses are tops, i think SF has a clear advantage on offense. therefore i think SF wins another ugly one. but if a depleted, not very good offense to begin with CAR puts up a ton of points on your D, to me that would once again exploit a kink in the armor, which i've been saying for 2 years now is your very midiocre secondary.

If you're trying to tell me you don't see some problems on both sides of the ball with your niners, then we're clearly not watching the same niner team... because i see it week in and week out, unless of course you're playing the rams or jaguars, then hell you look like the 85 bears...

I think SF is the better team, but if your db's screw the pooch in this one, you lose.

Marvin49

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":izlyr95c said:
Marvin49":izlyr95c said:
E.C. Laloosh":izlyr95c said:
Marvin49":izlyr95c said:
This concept that the 49ers "barely" beat a bad Packer team is comical.

At what point in the game was SF clearly going to win? Was it at any point before the final 2 minutes of the game? I'd call that barely beating a bad team. 8-7, no defense, you see where this is going. Try and tell me you didn't soil your shorts when Squidward threw that pass to the flat and it almost got taken to the house by a packer DB.

My point wasn't that they didn't "barely" win. Of course they did. It was close.

:34853_doh:

You are misinterpretting my first statement.

My point is that the concept that they "barely" won AND THAT MATTERS is what I'm calling comical. Perhaps I wrote it poorly initally. My bad. Now that I re-read it and I see that I immediately started listing reasons why the game was close is probably why it came off like I meant it the way you are taking it. Again...my bad.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":506eg9e0 said:
Peeps will see stuff the way they want to see it. Thats what's happening here. You WANT to see that crack in the armor, so you do

No i see cracks in the armor because if not for a late game interception off the back of an Atlanta reciever you lose to a very bad ATL team, if not for a easy pick six drop by a GB defensive back, you lose to a very bad GB Defensive team.

Carolina has a very mediocre offense, i think both defenses are tops, i think SF has a slight advantage on offense. therefore i think SF wins another ugly one. but if a depleted, not very good offense to begin with CAR puts up a ton of points on your D, to me that would once again exploit a kink in the armor, which i've been saying for 2 years now is your very midiocre secondary.

I think SF is the better team, but if your db's screw the pooch in this one, you lose.

And that late game INT would never have happened if not for a fluke onside kick. If the refs correctly call holding on Ray McDonald then the Packers don't have 7 points and the game never gets close. This is my point. You can take any ONE play and spin it however you like. Anything can happen in afootball game. Crazy sh*t happens. Seattle was a crazy a$$ pick 6 from losing to the Texans...you know, the team that holds the first pick in the draft. Does that mean that the Seahawks are only barely better than the Texans? No, it means crazy sh*t happens in games and dominant teams don't always dominate.

hawker84

Reaction score
I hear what you're saying Marv and i agree sh*t happens......

But after watching the niners closely for the last two year now, and you know i've been saying this, your db's are your weakest link, and if they allow CAR to put up points, SF will be in trouble because SF's offense isn't exactly lighting it up against powerhouse D's. Hence, kinks in the armor on both sides of the ball. Can we at least agree on that?

HoRneR

Reaction score
You think Seahawk fans would understand beating green bay in green bay in the playoffs is a good win 8-7-1 regardless. I remember a terrible 7-9 team beating a clearly superior Saints team in Seattle wild card weekend because it was the playoffs and teams tend to play better in all or nothing games especially if they are at home.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":b4pchqnu said:
I hear what you're saying Marv and i agree sh*t happens......

But after watching the niners closely for the last two year now, and you know i've been saying this, your db's are your weakest link, and if they allow CAR to put up points, SF will be in trouble because SF's offense isn't exactly lighting it up against powerhouse D's. Hence, kinks in the armor on both sides of the ball. Can we at least agree on that?

I guess...but I think those same kinks have been there all year...and are probably better now than they have been.

DBs have always been the weak link of the Niner D. In particular when they have injuries. Rogers aint great, but he's better than PCox. Wright isn't fantastic, but it would have been nice to have him healthy.

Its not a grim as you think tho. Reid has been BETTER than Goldson. Brock has been a very pleasant surprise and Brown has been steady.

We talk about the Niners DBs beaing a weak link but Rodgers put up only 177 yards. One of those completions was on a CLEAR hold on McDonald. Those long passes that peeps keep saying on here should have been completed...all of them were contested. It wasn't just like the guy flat didn't catch them. There was a DB there on every one of them.

As for the Niners being in Trouble if Carolina puts up points....well yeah, of course. LOL. The Panthers D is no joke. :D The Panthers only put up 10 points tho in the previous meeting and I don't see a huge change in the lineups outside of Aldon Smith getting more playing time.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I see both Fan bases want to avoid playing each other. The only way the Panthers win is if they can force turnovers because I can't see them being too effective passing with a gimpy Smith, and Greg Olsen. The Niners will get blown up running the ball but will be able to put up some offense with their receiving core. The Panthers will have to score 17 points to win this game and I don't see that happening.

We are not losing at home with a second string linebacking core, a depleted secondary and adding Percy Harvin to our offense. Graham is having foot troubles and their receivers couldn't handle the physicality. The Hawks will shut down the run and after that it's feast on Breeze.

So reality hits in, we are playing the Niners next week at the clink!!. It will be ugly, vicious and dirty. We beat them and win the Super Bowl goodbye Niner trolls period. If we had cleaned up our special teams we would have won at the Stick. BTW the officials are letting teams play, Harbaugh crying to the officials isn't going to get him jack. I can't wait.

GO HAWKS!!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have to ask again, just why in the hell are Niner fans concerned about what a Seahawk fan thinks? The thread was opinion orientated, simply commenting that the Niners were not that impressive in the GB game. They won, obviously. That isn't good enough for a Niner fan though, they actually turn an opinion into a debate, throwing out situation and stat related comments like they are going to change the opinion of the Seahawks fan. It isn't going to happen, it was after all an opinion.

If you Niner fans want to read rah-rah Niner knob-slobbering, just go to the National coverage like NFLN or ESPN. In those places they love whoever had the latest win, so please, save us your excuses and arguments for why a Seahawk's fan opinion isn't justified in your world. It is an opinion and it doesn't have to be argued. If a Seahawks fan sees something, you don't have to jump in an excuse it or explain why with some ridiculous logic that the Hawk's fan doesn't want to hear.

I wasn't impressed with the Niners win either, they looked soft. Now go get your love from the "what have you done for me lately" pundits, it isn't going to happen here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":25r7ovu0 said:
I have to ask again, just why in the hell are Niner fans concerned about what a Seahawk fan thinks? The thread was opinion orientated, simply commenting that the Niners were not that impressive in the GB game. They won, obviously. That isn't good enough for a Niner fan though, they actually turn an opinion into a debate, throwing out situation and stat related comments like they are going to change the opinion of the Seahawks fan. It isn't going to happen, it was after all an opinion.

If you Niner fans want to read rah-rah Niner knob-slobbering, just go to the National coverage like NFLN or ESPN. In those places they love whoever had the latest win, so please, save us your excuses and arguments for why a Seahawk's fan opinion isn't justified in your world. It is an opinion and it doesn't have to be argued. If a Seahawks fan sees something, you don't have to jump in an excuse it or explain why with some ridiculous logic that the Hawk's fan doesn't want to hear.

I wasn't impressed with the Niners win either, they looked soft. Now go get your love from the "what have you done for me lately" pundits, it isn't going to happen here.

Because thats what I do. :D

I would never expect fair minded representations here...it doesn't make it any less fun to have the conversation.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3tqb3gjl said:
I see both Fan bases want to avoid playing each other. The only way the Panthers win is if they can force turnovers because I can't see them being too effective passing with a gimpy Smith, and Greg Olsen. The Niners will get blown up running the ball but will be able to put up some offense with their receiving core. The Panthers will have to score 17 points to win this game and I don't see that happening.

We are not losing at home with a second string linebacking core, a depleted secondary and adding Percy Harvin to our offense. Graham is having foot troubles and their receivers couldn't handle the physicality. The Hawks will shut down the run and after that it's feast on Breeze.

So reality hits in, we are playing the Niners next week at the clink!!. It will be ugly, vicious and dirty. We beat them and win the Super Bowl goodbye Niner trolls period. If we had cleaned up our special teams we would have won at the Stick. BTW the officials are letting teams play, Harbaugh crying to the officials isn't going to get him jack. I can't wait.

GO HAWKS!!

Nah...if all that happens I'll congratulate you guys. I can't stand the Seahawks (shocker), but I'll give you guys props if you win. You've been waiting a long, long time.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dxv1wmi said:
loafoftatupu":2dxv1wmi said:

Because thats what I do. :D

I would never expect fair minded representations here...it doesn't make it any less fun to have the conversation.

Ok. This is probably the only time I will do this but. I mostly agree with what Marvin is saying here guys.

Let's face it. Both teams have problems and as well as strengths. Both are great teams.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Marvin49":3kaisax5 said:
You guys are funny.

I could say the same about the Seahawks in several games this year. "I wasn't impressed". The Niners beat the Cardnials in their building a week after you lost to them at home. Niners are "better" then, right? Seahawks almost lost to the Bucs at home and needed a miracle pick 6 to beat the Texans. Niners plastered both teams. More evidense that the Niners are "better". Those are the types of conclusions you guys are making here.

Its all BS. Clearly the Seahawks have been better so far this year. Games don't always turn out exactly the way you think they will. Margin of victory is meaningless. I could just as easily say that if Ahmad Brooks doesn't get flagged in New Orleans or if Vance McDonald catches a pass vs the panthers that the Niners win the division. I could easily say that if the Rams can score on that last play or if Schaub doesn't throw one of the worst passes I've ever seen at the end of the game the Niners win the division.

None of that stuff happened. The Seahawks were 13-3 and the niners were 12-4. The Seahawks rightfully won the division. The "impressive" argument means nothing. The Ravens didn't look all that impressive last year either but it didn't stop them from taking down the Colts, Broncos, Patriots, and 49ers on thier way to a Lombardi.

This concept that the 49ers "barely" beat a bad Packer team is comical. CLEAR defensive pass interferance in the endzone on both of the first drives that could have made it 14-0 instead of 6-0. INSANE hold against Ray McDonald on 4th down Rodgers play. The Tackle freakin grabbed McDonald by the neck and removed him from Rodgers. No call. That extended a TD drive. The Packers were lucky to even be as close as they were. Oh yeah...it was also -14 Wind Chill and in Green Bay.

Good teams don't always win pretty. You guys should know that already. Niners have a tall order in playing the Panthers this week. The Seahawks have to contend with the Saints whom are notorious for losing on the road. Should both our teams advance to an NFCCG in Seattle, Seattle will be favored and rightfully so...but lets stop all this nonsense about quality of victory based on how much a team won by. Its meaningless.

This is the best post I have seen in awhile. And from a niners fans. Most Niners fans think the same way u were describing Hawks fans I this post. Both teams have to take care of business this weekend. Then if they do, let the better team move on to the Super Bowl

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":1eejp3j8 said:

Fair minded is pretty subjective. For example, I would think that any fair minded individual would realize that Kae-thud threw what should have been not one, not two, not even three but FOUR picks.

9:24 in the 1st quarter incomplete to VD in the back of the end zone, dropped by GB defender.
GBSF001 zps5425f35a

13:23 in 2nd quarter, poorly thrown ball intended for VD (actually intercepted).
GBSF002_zps174ebdc7.png

Seam route to Davis into double coverage for a TD.
GBSF003 zps88821516

Final drive, gift wrapped with a bow on it to the flat and the GB defender drops it.
GBSF004_zps4a69cb16.png

You're right, there are legitimate reasons why that game was so close... Kraep was feeding their DBs with a spoon but they just weren't hungry I suppose. Hence, not impressed.

Seabhac

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":11y2hwwl said:
'Your Niners did a good job in the stick, but you still only won by 2 thanks to a last minute FG AT HOME in a game you were lucky to win."

Seams to me that your Hawks only won by 3 with a last minute field goal against the Buc's, and that was at home in the Clink with the 12th man. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't RW your QB that day? So was that luck?

Doesn't your team have a game against another team next Sunday - Why not Troll the Panthers forum instead?

Marvin49

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":30hg9shf said:
Marvin49":30hg9shf said:

Fair minded is pretty subjective. For example, I would think that any fair minded individual would realize that Kae-thud threw what should have been not one, not two, not even three but FOUR picks.

9:24 in the 1st quarter incomplete to VD in the back of the end zone, dropped by GB defender.
GBSF001 zps5425f35a

13:23 in 2nd quarter, poorly thrown ball intended for VD (actually intercepted).
GBSF002_zps174ebdc7.png

Seam route to Davis into double coverage for a TD.
GBSF003 zps88821516

Final drive, gift wrapped with a bow on it to the flat and the GB defender drops it.
GBSF004_zps4a69cb16.png

You're right, there are legitimate reasons why that game was so close... Kraep was feeding their DBs with a spoon but they just weren't hungry I suppose. Hence, not impressed.

Oh please EC...you're better than that. I'll give you the actual INT and the one at the end but the first one to Vernon could have been a TD had Vernon put up more of an effort (tho admittedly not a perfect throw) and the TD pass was a damn good throw BETWEEN defenders. If you count that TD as "should have been an INT" you are showing your colors.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Bad secondaries make bad passes look pretty legit sometimes, Marv. Sorry bud.

Marvin49

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3emcjbm4 said:
Bad secondaries make bad passes look pretty legit sometimes, Marv. Sorry bud.

LOL.

OK. Pointless to argue.

Laloosh

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":23t78vo7 said:
Marvin49":23t78vo7 said:
Oh please EC...you're better than that. I'll give you the actual INT and the one at the end but the first one to Vernon could have been a TD had Vernon put up more of an effort (tho admittedly not a perfect throw) and the TD pass was a damn good throw BETWEEN defenders. If you count that TD as "should have been an INT" you are showing your colors.

Talk about homerism... every single time Kaep beats the Packers, 49ers act as if he is the second coming! And then when he comes back down to earth, he's just terrible.

Dude is a great athlete and has a good arm... that's it.

He looks great against the Packers, yea, but even Eli Manning lit up the Packers this year. ;)

Hell of an athlete with a big arm.

After week 1, they thought he had finally arrived and the confetti was flying over at the WZ. After week 3, his passer rating hadn't reached 50 in two weeks and they were ready to string him up or trade him away (although Marvin was pretty level headed about it).

Now he's the golden child again. Will see what happens in Carolina next week but I don't think that defense rolls over like GB did.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1adspggt said:
Marvin49":1adspggt said:

Talk about homerism... every single time Kaep beats the Packers, 49ers act as if he is the second coming! And then when he comes back down to earth, he's just terrible.

Dude is a great athlete and has a good arm... that's it.

He looks great against the Packers, yea, but even Eli Manning lit up the Packers this year. ;)

Who said anything about second coming? I never even said he had a good game. All I said was it was ridiculous to say he "should" have thrown 4 picks.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, four is definitely gilding the lily.

As for the one actual INT, I think three things we're going on, in order of importance:

1. Williams just deserves a ton of credit and made a hell of a play on that ball. He kept his eyes in the backfield while turning his hips because he knew he had help over top and what was happening, and neither Kaep nor Davis was expecting him to be there because of it. Just a really heady defensive play.

2. Kaep didn't expect him to be there and floated the pass a bit. It was a touch pass over the LB in Zone (which he's not supposed to be able to do), but it hung a little bit.

3. Vernon didn't go up for the ball because he also wasn't expecting Williams to make that play. If he goes up for the ball rather than just waiting for it to come to him it's also a different outcome.

IMO the dropped pick by Hyde (which wasn't an INT) was a MUCH, MUCH worse throw by Kaep than this play which ended up being an INT. The throw definitely hung and some blame is deserved there, but that alone doesn't get us that far in explaining that play, what happened, and why it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts