not impressed with niners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":2f4boplp said:
lvnginhwktwn":2f4boplp said:
Legion12Boom":2f4boplp said:
Agree totally, Niners didn't do much to impress today. They really should of lost that game, if the Packers just would have done a little better on defense they'd be going to Carolina next week not SF. I think the Niners 9 lives are getting ready to run out. If you look at it they realistically should have lost the last 3 games, Falcons, Cardinals, and Packers today.

Go Hawks!!

You beat the Bucs at home by a field goal why is that more impressive than anyone else's wins this year?

We were down 21-0 in the first half, I would say that is damned impressive. We didn't win on a last second field goal in the final seconds like sf has the last 2 games.
Niner trolls don't handle facts very well.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
49ers":2r1pnm4u said:
AbsolutNET":2r1pnm4u said:
Don't bother responding to Punter, anymore. He is currently and forever incapacitated.
Hey, is there a way I can straight up donate to these forums instead of buying stuff?

Also, do I get anything promotional-wise for donating like on Reddit? Thanks!
There is a Donate link on the upper right part of the forum. :) It just reset for the new year. If you decide to donate, that is very cool of you. We all love an ad-free experience.

Marvin49

Reaction score
You guys are funny.

I could say the same about the Seahawks in several games this year. "I wasn't impressed". The Niners beat the Cardnials in their building a week after you lost to them at home. Niners are "better" then, right? Seahawks almost lost to the Bucs at home and needed a miracle pick 6 to beat the Texans. Niners plastered both teams. More evidense that the Niners are "better". Those are the types of conclusions you guys are making here.

Its all BS. Clearly the Seahawks have been better so far this year. Games don't always turn out exactly the way you think they will. Margin of victory is meaningless. I could just as easily say that if Ahmad Brooks doesn't get flagged in New Orleans or if Vance McDonald catches a pass vs the panthers that the Niners win the division. I could easily say that if the Rams can score on that last play or if Schaub doesn't throw one of the worst passes I've ever seen at the end of the game the Niners win the division.

None of that stuff happened. The Seahawks were 13-3 and the niners were 12-4. The Seahawks rightfully won the division. The "impressive" argument means nothing. The Ravens didn't look all that impressive last year either but it didn't stop them from taking down the Colts, Broncos, Patriots, and 49ers on thier way to a Lombardi.

This concept that the 49ers "barely" beat a bad Packer team is comical. CLEAR defensive pass interferance in the endzone on both of the first drives that could have made it 14-0 instead of 6-0. INSANE hold against Ray McDonald on 4th down Rodgers play. The Tackle freakin grabbed McDonald by the neck and removed him from Rodgers. No call. That extended a TD drive. The Packers were lucky to even be as close as they were. Oh yeah...it was also -14 Wind Chill and in Green Bay.

Good teams don't always win pretty. You guys should know that already. Niners have a tall order in playing the Panthers this week. The Seahawks have to contend with the Saints whom are notorious for losing on the road. Should both our teams advance to an NFCCG in Seattle, Seattle will be favored and rightfully so...but lets stop all this nonsense about quality of victory based on how much a team won by. Its meaningless.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":32ydk2qo said:
60niners":32ydk2qo said:
I didn't come here to talk crap but to ask an honest question: you're not impressed, fair enough; do you think the Seahawks could have gone on the road in -14° and won that game?

Serious question.

What is that saying about stupid questions again?

Playing a team that had no business in the playoffs with one of the worst defenses to set foot on a field in a decade? Sure, I think we could manage that. Kaeptain One Read all but gift wrapped that game for them in the final drive w/ that pass to the flat that almost went the other way for six.
THAT AVATAR o_O

hawker84

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2bgt40uv said:
Legion12Boom":2bgt40uv said:
60niners":2bgt40uv said:
I didn't come here to talk crap but to ask an honest question: you're not impressed, fair enough; do you think the Seahawks could have gone on the road in -14° and won that game?

Serious question.

I think we would have faired better than SF did today. I don't think Aaron Rodgers would have thrown the ball on us like he did against the 9ers to keep GB in the game....so yeah I think we could have went in there and won today. The run game travels and defense travels.

Your secondary would have probably done a better job but with the running game the Packers played today I thing there ground game would have given you fits.

Why because 2 out of 16 weeks we had a bad game against the run? give me a break with the whole our run D is a wink link.. We've dominated against the run accept for those two games. so try again. As far as the secondary situation, there's no question our secondary would have performed better, because they are head and shoulders better than SF's....

hawker84

Reaction score
will only say that I disagree. The Seahawks aren't as good on the road as you want to thank they are, in fact they don't have a single impressive road win all season. Don't say @Carolina either because Carolina doesn't have a great home field advantage, and they started the season 1-3.

Good thing absolutely none of that matters seeing how we won't be playing any road games accept the SB.

I guess our manhandling of AZ and NY wasn't impressive enough for you.. you know those shutouts are so blown out of porportion these days anyways. How many shutouts did SF have this season?

hawker84

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1i18dp7m said:
49ers":1i18dp7m said:
lol @ all these Niner hating and bashing threads.

All teams left in the playoffs belong there.
BS. I dare you to try and justify Indy "belonging" there. Did you see that game?

Or GB for that matter. GB has probably the second worst defense in the league behind the cowpukes, not to mention they were missing a lot of key starters to boot. The fact that SF barely squeaked by them all be it a victory is a victory, but it was not impressive by any means.

And to answer questions about our Tampa/STL/Hou victories, no they were not impressive either, matter of fact a lot of folks around these parts reacted to them as if we'd lost those games....

But it's the NFL, a victory is a victory, style points means nothing. I will say this, you go into CAR with that weak ass offense, you will not win that game.

hawker84

Reaction score
This concept that the 49ers "barely" beat a bad Packer team is comical. CLEAR defensive pass interferance in the endzone on both of the first drives that could have made it 14-0 instead of 6-0. INSANE hold against Ray McDonald on 4th down Rodgers play. The Tackle freakin grabbed McDonald by the neck and removed him from Rodgers. No call. That extended a TD drive. The Packers were lucky to even be as close as they were. Oh yeah...it was also -14 Wind Chill and in Green Bay.

I hear what you're saying Marv, but quite frankly no one cares to hear about no calls, seeing how we lead the league in penalties.. they were bad on both sides. Me personally i love that the refs let them play a bit more in the playoffs, it's the way the game is suppose to be played, makes me sick players whine for a flag after every play, that includes our players as well.

Fact is your offense looked rather pedestrian against a very bad and very depleted defense, that should be some concern to you heading into CAR next week and the 2nd ranked defense. The fact that our offense has not looked explosive to say the least in the last few weeks is definitely a cause of concern to me..

It's ok to admit there are kinks in the Mighty SF armor, we have some too.

As far as responses being comical to you over here, have you been on the Webzone lately, the fact that you continue to post on the garbage pail of a site is seriously baffling to me....

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think Eddie Lacy would have been a matchup problem for Seattle.

However, Green Bay is just not a great team and Seattle would have probably held the Packers to 10 points and probably scored about the same as the Niners.

hawker84

Reaction score
Punter":l6us97ra said:
E.C. Laloosh":l6us97ra said:
4freakin9":l6us97ra said:
LOL at all the comments about Rodgers shredding the niners D. He only passed for 177 yards (50 less than Kap) and managed to put 20 points up with his high powered offense. That was additionally helped by the refs refusing to throw flags on blatant GB holding penalties like the guy who tackled RayMac from behind while he was trying to sack Rodgers on that 4th and 2 play. Niners are in the drivers seat right now with 7 straight wins.

The part you forget to mention is that Rogers had a higher completion percentage, better passer rating and the same number of touchdowns w/out an interception. He was also facing the 3rd ranked scoring defense in the league whereas Kaeperschtick was facing the 24th ranked.

What's more, GB receivers and backs dropped ball after ball and their corner couldn't haul in an easy pick six that he got both hands on.

Had SF's defense sucked as much as GB, you'd be licking your wounds after a double digit blowout rather than defending your team for a last minute win over a terrible defense.

Don't even bother talking bout Kaeperdink's rushing yards. Everybody knows he's fast but when the GB defense doesn't even bother to try and play contain Elway could have run for 50 on them.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=340105009

Oh, and your BS excuse about missed calls, go watch the GB receiver being interfered with on what would have been an easy six points were it not for the early contact. The zebras were calling a loose game for both sides.

If the zebras call a loose game for both teams when sea plays I have no doubt sea will win. Sea DB's hold on every play, so congrats hawks fans.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":1lkdv68a said:

I hear what you're saying Marv, but quite frankly no one cares to hear about no calls, seeing how we lead the league in penalties.. they were bad on both sides. Me personally i love that the refs let them play a bit more in the playoffs, it's the way the game is suppose to be played, makes me sick players whine for a flag after every play, that includes our players as well.

Fact is your offense looked rather pedestrian against a very bad and very depleted defense, that should be some concern to you heading into CAR next week and the 2nd ranked defense. The fact that our offense has not looked explosive to say the least in the last few weeks is definitely a cause of concern to me..

It's ok to admit there are kinks in the Mighty SF armor, we have some too.

As far as responses being comical to you over here, have you been on the Webzone lately, the fact that you continue to post on the garbage pale of a site is seriously baffling to me....

LOL. Loons on every forum, this one included. There are good posters over there...just takes some wading through the nonsense. Its the same almost everywhere.

My point wasn't really to complain about no calls. My point was more that it doesn't really matter how the game was won, just that it was. You can argue that the 49ers have looked mortal recently, and I'd argue they have also won 7 in a row and Kap has 11 TD and 2 INTs over that span. You say they didn't look explosive and I can say Crab had 125 yards and Kap accounted for over 300 total yards in freakin cold a$$ conditions when the refs were letting holding go on all over the field (and it wasn't just GB holding...SF did it too to a lesser extent).

Just win. Thats what it's about. Just. Freakin. Win.

Of course I'm concerned with the Panthers. You guys would and should be as well. I just don't think the 49ers recent wins should be sounding alarm bells any more than the Arizona loss or Texan and Ram or Buc near losses did for you guys. Good teams find a way to win. Period.

A good example...I was arguing with peeps on a GB forum that the Pack should have won had the FG been blocked (ball went right through the guys hands). Didn't seem to matter to them that the guy was also offsides, the flag was thrown, and the penalty was declined.

Peeps will see stuff the way they want to see it. Thats what's happening here. You WANT to see that crack in the armor, so you do.

Niners have had cracks in their armor all freakin year. Nothing new. If anything they have been BETTER recently on offense, especially since Crabtrees return.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":17v399fw said:
You guys are funny.

I could say the same about the Seahawks in several games this year. "I wasn't impressed". The Niners beat the Cardnials in their building a week after you lost to them at home. Niners are "better" then, right? Seahawks almost lost to the Bucs at home and needed a miracle pick 6 to beat the Texans. Niners plastered both teams. More evidense that the Niners are "better". Those are the types of conclusions you guys are making here.

Its all BS. Clearly the Seahawks have been better so far this year. Games don't always turn out exactly the way you think they will. Margin of victory is meaningless. I could just as easily say that if Ahmad Brooks doesn't get flagged in New Orleans or if Vance McDonald catches a pass vs the panthers that the Niners win the division. I could easily say that if the Rams can score on that last play or if Schaub doesn't throw one of the worst passes I've ever seen at the end of the game the Niners win the division.

None of that stuff happened. The Seahawks were 13-3 and the niners were 12-4. The Seahawks rightfully won the division. The "impressive" argument means nothing. The Ravens didn't look all that impressive last year either but it didn't stop them from taking down the Colts, Broncos, Patriots, and 49ers on thier way to a Lombardi.

Good teams don't always win pretty. You guys should know that already. Niners have a tall order in playing the Panthers this week. The Seahawks have to contend with the Saints whom are notorious for losing on the road. Should both our teams advance to an NFCCG in Seattle, Seattle will be favored and rightfully so...but lets stop all this nonsense about quality of victory based on how much a team won by. Its meaningless.

At what point in the game was SF clearly going to win? Was it at any point before the final 2 minutes of the game? I'd call that barely beating a bad team. 8-7, no defense, you see where this is going. Try and tell me you didn't soil your shorts when Squidward threw that pass to the flat and it almost got taken to the house by a packer DB.

Marvin49

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":11nxh009 said:
Marvin49":11nxh009 said:
You guys are funny.

At what point in the game was SF clearly going to win? Was it at any point before the final 2 minutes of the game? I'd call that barely beating a bad team. 8-7, no defense, you see where this is going. Try and tell me you didn't soil your shorts when Squidward threw that pass to the flat and it almost got taken to the house by a packer DB.

Of course I was nervous.

My point wasn't that they didn't "barely" win. Of course they did. It was close. It shouldn't have been and there are any number of reasons why it was close, but that ain't the point.

My point is that it doesn't freakin matter that they "barely" won. It didn't matter in any of the games that the Seahawks "barely" won. It only matters that they did. Any given sunday. You can say 8-7 team with injuries all you want and I can say 6-2 and undefeated at home with Rodgers at QB. One of those losses was to the 49ers. So outside of the niners games, Rodgers lost ONCE this year.

Would i prefer they blew them out by 20? Of course I would. Funny things happens on Sundays tho...you have to play the games. You never know what might happen in any given game. Ball bounces one way or the other. Ref throws the flag or he doesn't. All sorts of issues during the game.

In the end all that matters is they won. It doesn't matter by how much.

..and BTW, your Avatar is very distracting. :D

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The thing that I think is so stupid is how because the Niners won the game, Kaep is being hailed as a "clutch QB".

Yet at the beginning of their last drive, he threw a game-losing INT. But the GB player dropped it.

He made a very un-clutch throw that should have cost his team the game, but because GB had problems with drops all game, and dropped that INT, Kaep is suddenly an amazing "clutch" QB.

I have no problems with the 49ers barely beating the Packers. The "barely" argument is stupid and Seahawks fans are hypocrites if they use it.

The 49ers won the game.

But to say it is because Kaep is so clutch is stupid. The Packers dropped multiple deep passes that would have made it a very different game. Kaep threw an awful pass that should have lost the game.

If anything, it is the 49ers WRs who were clutch. And that's it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2yohssoy said:
The thing that I think is so stupid is how because the Niners won the game, Kaep is being hailed as a "clutch QB".

Yet at the beginning of their last drive, he threw a game-losing INT. But the GB player dropped it.

He made a very un-clutch throw that should have cost his team the game, but because GB had problems with drops all game, and dropped that INT, Kaep is suddenly an amazing "clutch" QB.

He did almost throw the pick....but he also still drove the team down the field at the end of the game, picking up first down after first down and ran the clock to zero. He is also currently 3-1 in the playoffs and has twice overcome a 4th quarter deficit to win.

Joe Montana almost threw a pick before he threw the game winning TD on the Super Bowl vs the Bengals in '88. Doesn't mean he wasn't clutch to get them there.

Polaris

Reaction score
Kaepernick does seem to be clutch against Green Bay. I'm not buying he's clutch in general.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Polaris":23az4unc said:
Kaepernick does seem to be clutch against Green Bay. I'm not buying he's clutch in general.

I'd disagree, but it's debatable. He was pretty damn clutch in college and he's been really good in the playoffs.

They were down 17 to Atlanta and they came all the way back. Even in the one loss they almost fought all the way back.

Playing IN Seattle tho has thusfar been his Kryptonite.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":jz112szu said:
E.C. Laloosh":jz112szu said:
Marvin49":jz112szu said:
This concept that the 49ers "barely" beat a bad Packer team is comical.

My point wasn't that they didn't "barely" win. Of course they did. It was close.

:34853_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.