I love our chances against the Niners

keasley45

Reaction score
I’ve been wondering if Barton is better at having the green dot and getting guys lined up than Brooks is.
He definitely seems more natural there. Will be interesting to see if Brooks sticks at his spot next year or if they slide him left and just let him loose without the burden of having to call the D.

cymatica

Reaction score
I’ve been wondering if Barton is better at having the green dot and getting guys lined up than Brooks is.
I've been hating on Barton all year, but I can't think of anything bad to say since he switched spots.

I seriously hope the coaches don't ruin a good thing, leave Barton at MLB and slide Brooks over.

keasley45

Reaction score
Watching the 2nd game against the 9ers on NFL network right now. We can definitely give them a better game than we did that night. Our first FG drive in the 2nd qtr was solid. 11 plays. Nothing spectacular. Just workman-like.

The following drive, just before the half, we were moving it again until the Homer fumble. We had momentum. On the 9ers previous drive, Diggs dropped an easy interception. We could have easily gone into the half down just 7-6 or up 10-7. Instead, we go down 14-3.

And there were a few BS calls. The OPI on Metcalf on our last drive of the 1st half, a phantom neutral zone infraction, the incomplete review on the Metcalf catch...

The defense, with all of its issues, played the 9ers to what should have been 7 points in the first half.

SF definitely has a better squad, top to bottom, but I think we play them closer this time around, if not outright pull the upset. Not saying its likely, but I wouldn't be surprised.

It will hurt to be without Goodwin though. He's been surprisingly solid. Hoping he who shall not be named can step in and make some plays in his place.

On D, our defense, which had been playing more consistently of late, will get Ryan Neal back as well.

keasley45

Reaction score
I've been hating on Barton all year, but I can't think of anything bad to say since he switched spots.

I seriously hope the coaches don't ruin a good thing, leave Barton at MLB and slide Brooks over.
Yup. In the 2nd 9ers game, their first TD of the 2nd half was a brain fart on Brooks. He left Kittle wide open. In the span of 4 minutes between the end of the first half and the beginning of the 2nd, we turned what shoukd (could) have been a 10-7 lead into a 21- 3 deficit. At that point, without a run game, we were toast. And all of it was a result of

1. A dropped INT by Diggs at midfield
2. A fumble by Homer to setup the 9ers 3nd TD
3. A blown coverage by Brooks that made the score 21-3

Diggs has taken his game up a notch of late as the secondary has been much more solid. I don't think he drops another gimme.

Homer... we just can't turn the ball over

Brooks is out and Barton has surprisingly looked much better in his spot.

Again, not saying we're gonna win. Just sayin'...

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
House money. Nothing to lose. All the pressure is on SF. If we lose that’s what everyone expected anyway and the media’s fancy continues. Could we get smacked of course with the weapons and defense they have especially if we have to chase scores but still have that feeling we can pull this out. Week 2 you knew we were going to get lopsided with us having the emotional week 1 win over Denver all while SF coming off a loss at Chicago. The second match up we right in it until we let miscues hit us right before half. Diggs drops pick 6, get ball back and driving to only have Homer put it on the turf leading to another score before half. Thats a 10-10 or 10-6 score going into the locker room at half.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Yup. In the 2nd 9ers game, their first TD of the 2nd half was a brain fart on Brooks. He left Kittle wide open. In the span of 4 minutes between the end of the first half and the beginning of the 2nd, we turned what shoukd (could) have been a 10-7 lead into a 21- 3 deficit. At that point, without a run game, we were toast. And all of it was a result of

1. A dropped INT by Diggs at midfield
2. A fumble by Homer to setup the 9ers 3nd TD
3. A blown coverage by Brooks that made the score 21-3

Diggs has taken his game up a notch of late as the secondary has been much more solid. I don't think he drops another gimme.

Homer... we just can't turn the ball over

Brooks is out and Barton has surprisingly looked much better in his spot.

Again, not saying we're gonna win. Just sayin'...
I think that busted coverage was on Woolen. According to Pete and others. The fake double screen TD was just good play call

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
How bad can you play in second half after that great first half.
Never seen such a big difference