I love our chances against the Niners

Smellyman

Reaction score
Why?

The Niners are on a 10 game win streak!

I actually love this!

So much pressure on them to continue winning.

The Niners gotta lose some time! Lol. Why can’t it be against their divisional rival, the Seattle Seahawks?

All win streaks end some time!

No pressure on Seattle!

I love it!

Let’s go!!!!!
Pressure? they have no pressure. They are champing at the bit to play Seattle again

mrblitz

Reaction score
as long as the refs stay of this, and just let the two teams play, seahawks have a great chance. 'house money' indeed

Superbowl 48

Reaction score

49ers have a top 5 offense and defense, the Seahawks have above average offense and below average defense.

It doesn't look good, but maybe the refs and Vegas get involved.

norcalrocks

Reaction score
I think we are going to get dismantled since our d-line and o-line is not as good but I also think getting our butts kicked in a playoff game by a divisional opponent will be good for this young team. It'll give them experience while providing more hunger to get back into the playoffs next year.
I think it would be a great thing as well...

norcalrocks

Reaction score
For me the opponent is less interesting then simply getting to play another game before we make some big decisions. How will Geno do on the road in the playoffs vs. a top defense? How will our young tackles do vs. the 49ers pass rush? Getting some of our young guys some playoff experience is a huge boost.

Just a tip, Hawks fans are not going to be overly impressed by rings that happened before we were in the same conference. Most of us older fans were likely rooting for the 49ers back in the day against our AFC rivals. The 49ers were the closest NFC team to Seattle, televised often, and we rarely played each other.
Just a tip desperately explaining why you don't care indicates that you do care...you would have had 2 rings...but....

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Our only hope is;

1. Healthy Kenneth Walker grinding out long drives wearing the Niners front seven down and preventing them from pinning their ears back and destroying Geno if the Hawk's become one dimensional.

2. Mr. Irrelevant Brock Purdy crapping the bed because the moment's too big for him.

This is the approach Pete should take, try and keep the game close and hope Purdy makes some mistakes to keep the Hawks close into the 4th.

If not? This is gonna be a Niner beatdown of biblical proportions.
You dismantled Brock Purdy for his lack of experience in the playoffs but apparently think Geno Smith might succeed against the 49ers Defense.

Please Explain? Because you might have a point. Brock might poop the bed .....but explain to the rest of us why Geno will succeed against an offense he has lost to twice already this past season?

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He was totally joking around. He even was saying how they shouldn't even show up etc. He was making a point that his team doesn't buy that doom and gloom at all. You could hear it in his voice.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You dismantled Brock Purdy for his lack of experience in the playoffs but apparently think Geno Smith might succeed against the 49ers Defense.

Please Explain? Because you might have a point. Brock might poop the bed .....but explain to the rest of us why Geno will succeed against an offense he has lost to twice already this past season?

I wasn't absolving Geno, of course he's in the same boat.

For the most part, he does have a decade more experience than Purdy, but you're right, also his 1st start in the playoffs.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I wasn't absolving Geno, of course he's in the same boat.

For the most part, he does have a decade more experience than Purdy, but you're right, also his 1st start in the playoffs.
I would add that, Geno is smart, this will be his third look at the 9er's D. Give him a bit of time and he will pick you apart. without time, he will throw a pick or two, or at least a couple of passes that should/could be picked.

Without a doubt, we are up against a superior foe. No room for mistakes and will need a bit of luck.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pass blocking against that D line is a concern. The Hawks have averaged 14 runs per game in the last 2 games vs. Santa Clara.
That is play unacceptable. Run the damn ball, at least 30 times. Period

AgentDib

Reaction score
Just a tip desperately explaining why you don't care indicates that you do care...you would have had 2 rings...but....
Not sure what you aren't following about this. Many of us were rooting for the 9ers against the Broncos, against the Chargers, maybe against Miami (more of a toss up). So congrats all around about those wins.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Niners fan site did a poll of fans asking who would be their preferred matchup. It was us by over 60 percent.

After all, they beat us twice. We didn’t manage one offensive touchdown all game in the first. And in the second, Brock had been held out of practice all week for Injury plus no Deebo or Mitchell.

Barring injury to their qb, I don’t see a win Here. I’m trying to, but I just don’t. If you spy Woolen on Kittle, Purdy will just shift to Deebo or Aiyuk or CMC acting as wr. He will keep Juice and Jennings as options. It’s just anything that makes sense is what that kid executes.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am certain there were several Seahawks fans saying the same about Chris Matthews before the Super Bowl.

Crazy to think had we won that game Matthews may have well ended up being MVP.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
All I can say is for us, the 12th men, this was an absolutely successful season. We were last in the power rankings for foolishly trading our "elite" QB. Thanks to Russ and the Donkeys we are picking 5th in the draft with five choices in the top 100 of the 2023 draft, including three in the first 37 picks.

SF may win this meeting on Saturday but they used their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks to get McCaffrey. Next season is going to be all kinds of fun. :cool:

Last edited:

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I would add that, Geno is smart, this will be his third look at the 9er's D. Give him a bit of time and he will pick you apart. without time, he will throw a pick or two, or at least a couple of passes that should/could be picked.

Without a doubt, we are up against a superior foe. No room for mistakes and will need a bit of luck.
Whatever happens, we should make sure to not give any help to the OTs when Bosa tosses them around. Eventually he'll tire himself out and then not using the RB or TE to help the rookie tackles will look like 6D chess!

BASF

Reaction score
This game is going to hinge on whether or not Shane Waldron can add enough variations. There is a back and forth in another thread about whether DK's lazy route or Geno throwing it to him late were at fault for Ramsey getting his first interception. Personally I blame Waldron. We ran the same play to DK to start the first Rams game. Yes, DK ran a lazy route, but how many times do you want to throw the same route as the opening play against a three time All-Pro? It was a stupid play call. A lot of the balls that Geno have thrown that people are jumping are routes we have been running way too often. The playoffs are all about running variations so the film will tell the opponent one thing while we are doing another. If Waldron does that one thing, I like our chances. The Niners have played us very aggressively this season, but their DBs can be had, because they jump a lot of stuff.

Andy Dickerson is going to have his best game as well. The team needs to disguise when we are pulling the guards or tackles better than we have. While we were on the losing streak, defensive tackles were knifing into the back field to disrupt our pullers. This kept the other defensive linemen clean and our running game was stagnant.

Also, Clint Hurtt needs to come up with the game of his life. I am a hater, but if he comes up with the right defensive calls in this one, I may step off the he needs to be fired ASAP train. Green Bay improved their Fangio tree defense midseason by having their people stop running around ignoring the QB and actually focusing on where he was going and their defense finished much better than it was early in the season. We need to get to that point as well.

Latest posts