Marshawn Lynch unhappy with his contract?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
seahawk4life83":31x017mv said:
http://profootballzone.com/nfl/report-marshawn-lynch-unhappy-contract-expected-skip-minicamp/

this isn't good, but this is what happens when you win a Super Bowl.

Hmm. Two posts total. Two links to some football news aggregate site. Just what we needed.... more of those.

Largent80

Reaction score
Walter Jones routinely missed all of camp and even training camps. He is now in the Hall of Fame.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":fj8to2pc said:
I thought he always missed OTA's. Bit bemused why this has been twisted this way.

He's in a ripe position for contract speculation. 1+1=3 I suppose

I wouldnt blame him if he wanted to get something a bit more from the Seahawks, whether it an additional year or some more upfront money. I'm sure he's aware his time here (and maybe the NFL) is coming to a close sooner than later

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
strohmin":1876cjhz said:
Wow! Some of you are ridiculous. Lynch has never been a me guy. Hes probably trying to enjoy himself a little and take a break from the physicality he plays with. When the season begins hell be ready to go. That idiot reporter probably has no other news to provide.

This!!

Such a ridiculous non-story/speculation at this point.

Cartire

Reaction score
uhg, pft has 2 articles up about it now. Offseason news, means every outlet goes hog wild on any potential negative story. Its like ants at a picnic

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
strohmin":24etfqva said:
Wow! Some of you are ridiculous. Lynch has never been a me guy.

Isn't missing off season OTA's, mandatory camps, practices and pitching a fit about mandatory Super Bowl media days the very definition of a "me guy?"

I'm not against any of this btw, Lynch brings it on game day so I could care less. But don't tell me he's not a "me guy." He most definitely IS a me guy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He is not a ME guy when he's on the field, so why the hell does it matter?
Here's an idea, WAIT until Tuesday to see if he actually shows up.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1hwm2wfz said:
One guy makes up the report, and the rest repeat it like trained monkeys. Non story.

Agreed...until he misses a mandatory camp.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Could it be that Marshawn is lobbying to get Mrob back? The man has a very definite comfort zone and Mrob was always part of that. Going into another season, with even more pressure to perform, he just might want things to be slightly more to his liking.

Pure speculation on my part. I'm working on getting a job at Yahoo! :mrgreen:

Giphy

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I do think there's some credence to this report.

Marshawn is 28, out of guaranteed money (his contract was front loaded, so all of his bonus has already been paid out), and he sees the writing on the wall with the slim chance that the Hawks pick up his option next year.

So I'm sure his agent is telling him that whatever leverage he has to get an extension is NOW. It's a big gamble for us to go into 2014 with Turbin and Michael........so I could see a scenario where Marshawn and his agent are floating the "we want a new contract" out there to see if the FO bites.

I don't think they will bite, but again it's all about leverage..........and this is the ONLY leverage Marshawn has, this year.

grizbob

Reaction score
Hope nobody minds if I wait and see before I over react :sarcasm_off:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Not surprising if true. This is very likely his last chance to really cash in as an NFL player. There is no more guaranteed money on his contract, and he is in a fairly unique situation as a star RB on a run-first team in a pass-first league. It will be very interesting to see if the Hawks play hardball with him or reward him with a raise like some other big name players got this year. I do expect that this speculation is true and that he will holdout, at least for a while.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, to assume they'll be just the same in the running game w/out him is pretty corny. There is zero proof that Turbin and/or Michael will be as good as Lynch. And they are not in the Superbowl w/out Lynch last year, period.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I would have no problem with some kind of bonus payment like Brandon Browner got last year; didn't they convert some his future salary into guaranteed money or something like that?

But hell, who knows. It's Marshawn Lynch; heaven only knows what's going through his head right now. If he had shown up as part of that interpretive dance group at the D-Day commemoration last week I wouldn't have batted an eye.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3gvj7qlb said:
Well, to assume they'll be just the same in the running game w/out him is pretty corny. There is zero proof that Turbin and/or Michael will be as good as Lynch. And they are not in the Superbowl w/out Lynch last year, period.

Fair enough, but does this equal give Marshawn an extension if that's what he's asking for?

I still say no.