2024 SEAHAWKS Depth Chart and Roster Moves

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you projectorfreak and kidhawk, much appreciated!!!

Here's another source : https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...seahawks-agree-to-terms-with-laviska-shenault This player is really just a KR. That position now has an increased value after the recent kickoff rules changes. He's an interesting player with size and physicality and suspected RAC ability. He has had troubles sticking with a team though, and statistically is not a strong WR. Likely a min deal.

Here's a draft profile from 2020: https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2020lshenault.php

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, much appreciated!!!

Here's another from field gulls:

The player is really not costing the cap much due to the rule of 51. Only $200K which comes from the signing bonus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting update on Drew Lock contract terms. Multi-tier incentives.

I'm thinking we are going to see more and more of this. This is a useful example, I would think, of why initial contract announcements are incomplete. It suggests patience is in order going forward.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Interesting update on Drew Lock contract terms. Multi-tier incentives.

View attachment 65851

I'm thinking we are going to see more and more of this. This is a useful example, I would think, of why initial contract announcements are incomplete. It suggests patience is in order going forward.

Drew better sweep those bonus bucks or he'll be losing money. Living (and getting paid) in NY is EXPENSIVE.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In case if anyone who is wondering the team needs to do some cap massaging ( to open up cap space)before they can sign their draft picks and any further free agents or their draft picks.

Last edited:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
OTC has the Seahawks with a little under $1.8M in cap, while the NFLPA has the team at a little over $2.6M, a difference of around $800K. It seems like most media sites are quoting OTC, but I tend to view NFLPA as being as close to 'official' as we're going to get. The difference between the two figures is the amount of the carryover from 2023. Jason isn't super transparant as to how he factors those into his calculations, so I can't speak to why they would be different.

In my calculations, I tie to the exact dolllar to the NFLPA figures, based on their report of 2023 carryover combined with the OTC contract details.

In the grand scheme, $800 isn't much, but it's more significant right now as the team is definitely squeezed. Depending on how the cap comes in for Laken Tomlinson, something may need to happen sooner than later. Geno, D.K. and Dre-Mont could all have their salaries converted to bonus to get us through 2024. Of course--- rinse/cycle/repeat in 2025.

kidhawk

Reaction score
If I’m understanding the cap correctly, we shouldn’t really need
That money too soon as there is no rush to sign draft picks immediately and we can get all the UDFA in without using much (if any) cap space since their contracts are usually below the counting threshold.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for that cap info John, it's useful and appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In other news as you observed (Hawkstorian) the Seahawks have agreed to sign OG- Laken Tomlinson to a 1 year deal. This was first reported by Tom Pelissaro on Twitter (X).

Here's another report:

At present there isn't enough cap room for that deal to be done, but Tomlinson is an experienced LG so the extreme need at the position is/will be somewhat lessened. So the cap work will be needed sooner rather than later. The deal as reported here may still allow the team to keep their 3 comp picks. Of course if they hold off to sign it until the draft has ended that would be a certainty.

Here's some further info on Tomlinson: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laken_Tomlinson

Beginning to think the team might have some surprises for us at the draft.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm going to add Tomlinson to the roster/DC despite that reality he is not yet signed and likely won't be until after the draft.

Updated.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Makes sense ......... Unless a well earned Jarran Reed extension opens up room prior to the draft.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
NFLPA updated its available cap after the Tomlinson contract, and it appears his cap is only about $1.2M ...a far cry from "up to $4M". It's possible there are other adjustments along the way so i can't say for sure .... but if you hear later this week about his contract terms and I'm right you can say "hey, John was right!".