Marshawn Lynch unhappy with his contract?

The Outfield

Reaction score
dutchman063":ajv3wb6a said:
SoulfishHawk":ajv3wb6a said:
Momma Lynch is on 950 KJR AM right now

Thats the last thing we need to hear is family members gettin involved.. the front office will do whats right

Which is....?

You know about cap carryover, right? The cap space we have this year, the more we can spend next year. And we'll need all that we can get with several key free agents and extensions to sign next year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
dutchman063":p0k4wc8h said:
DavidSeven":p0k4wc8h said:
Meanwhile, Marshawn just re-tweeted this:

Retweeted by Shawn Lynch
Eugene Smith ‏@edsmith84 2h
@MoneyLynch preparing for the upcoming season!!!! #BeastMode @Seahawks pic.twitter.com/zHrpZAji1w

Bp LI3XCIAAXuWY

Maybe we can ratchet down the ridiculousness now.

"preparing for upcoming season"... it doesnt say "preparing for upcoming season with the seahawks"...When you want other teams to show interest in you , you show them that you are working hard in the offseason to stay in shape. he's gone

:34853_doh:

The fact that he's wearing a Seahawks shirt is not an accident.

BeastMode made a statement in the only way BeastMode makes statements.

dunceface

Reaction score
dutchman063":1epm0o7s said:
DavidSeven":1epm0o7s said:

Retweeted by Shawn Lynch
@MoneyLynch preparing for the upcoming season!!!! #BeastMode @Seahawks pic.twitter.com/zHrpZAji1w

Bp LI3XCIAAXuWY

"preparing for upcoming season"... it doesnt say "preparing for upcoming season with the seahawks"...When you want other teams to show interest in you , you show them that you are working hard in the offseason to stay in shape. he's gone

:34853_doh:
Thanks for your "contribution"

hawknation2014

Reaction score
dutchman063":1tznt068 said:
DavidSeven":1tznt068 said:

Retweeted by Shawn Lynch

Bp LI3XCIAAXuWY

desean.gif

chris98251

Reaction score
dutchman063":1uii0g7d said:
DavidSeven":1uii0g7d said:

Retweeted by Shawn Lynch

Bp LI3XCIAAXuWY

Meet the type of person that mediots love to get all wound up and ready to chastise a player without all the facts.

billio155

Reaction score
The thing about Lynch is he not the ideal zone read runner. He hits the hole hard and breaks tackles and then wears teams down in the second half. You rarely see him hit the cutback lane. His running style is that of power back, not a zone read back. Don't get me wrong, he is my favorite Hawk. But a true cutback runner could match Lynch's production in this offense.

Cartire

Reaction score
billio155":3r1f4ghi said:
The thing about Lynch is he not the ideal zone read runner. He hits the hole hard and breaks tackles and then wears teams down in the second half. You rarely see him hit the cutback lane. His running style is that of power back, not a zone read back. Don't get me wrong, he is my favorite Hawk. But a true cutback runner could match Lynch's production in this offense.

You sir, should watch more tape. He powers through, yep. He also hits cutbacks all the time. Guy has quicker feet and agility then he gets credit for.

chrispy

Reaction score
One aspect that, I feel, needs to be identified in this thread is the position that the Front Office has put the team in ahead of any possible hold-out. I know there are multiple threads about the confidence in and credit towards PC/JS, but look at the specifics in this situation.

When we drafted Turbin two years ago and CMike last year, there were a lot of people that said, "Wasted pick. RBs are easy to get. They're (RBs) less valuable than they used to be. Lynch makes the pick worthless. Why did we use that high a pick for a benchwarmer?...". There are infinite examples of players having every advantage in a hold-out because a team has no other options. This team, it seems, has planned out every possible scenario and protected itself from the most dangerous situations. We would all be biting our nails if we didn't have the young stable of RBs already on the roster.

I like Lynch and hope he's back but (personally hope) without a change in contract. If that's his demand, I hope there's a way to get a trade done. I don't say this because I want him to leave or because I think Cmike or Turbo can 100% pick up the load. I say it because I see that the team has planned out, 3 years in advance. Can you imagine the panic if McCoy or Peterson suddenly said, I'm not showing up to camp? There's no way the team could rebound.

I'm sure, with each skill position, there is already a plan. Maybe there's room in the plan for a restructure. But the money has to come from somewhere. If we end up spending it a year early on Lynch, it might lead to the loss of several years of another player in '15 or '16. Or, it could lead to the loss of one year in a position where we don't have a backup.

My whole point is that, I find it very enlightening that there's even a disagreement. I think, historically, a player as instrumental as Lynch holding out would be an absolute emergency. Who's got it better than us when we can go into camp, with or without Lynch, and still have high hopes of an historic season?

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
Excellent point on the FO being prepared for the situation and most other eventualities. I too love BEASTMODE and everything he is and does for the team BUT I hope they don't cave. He gets paid his contract, and I think the only reason he's posturing now is because he sees CMike and Turbo and knows what's up there. He knows vets get cut all the time, and that he's likely a cap casualty next year due to cap space for Russell. He's trying for his last hurrah, and I don't blame him at all. On the other hand we do have the two backs ready to take over, and I would like to see what they've got, particularly Micheal.

It's an exciting time to be a Seahawks fan!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Lynch is doing what he feels he has to voice or show his displeasure. When teams don't honor the duration of player contracts given, why should the players? Ask Red Bryant if the Seahawks honored his full contract....how about Chris Clemons? I can understand why Lynch is doing what he's doing.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2tgw220o said:
I'd almost be willing to bet something is up with Rapoport reporting it. We will know if he doesn't show for the mini camp.
Ummm...why?

Rapaport is the KING of "sources tell me..." AFTER an actual member of the media either breaks or a story or reports something. Rapaport's entire career is owed to twitter.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2gt59bwq said:
Lynch is doing what he feels he has to voice or show his displeasure. When teams don't honor the duration of player contracts given, why should the players? Ask Red Bryant if the Seahawks honored his full contract....how about Chris Clemons? I can understand why Lynch is doing what he's doing.
And what exactly is he doing? Other than working out and getting ready for the upcoming season...

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":171s38q5 said:
hawkfan68":171s38q5 said:
And what exactly is he doing? Other than working out and getting ready for the upcoming season...
Besides talking to Big Play Babs and telling him about his displeasure with his current contract and his desire for a new reworked deal? Unless you think Jordan is lying about that conversation?
People close to him are also sending tweets out but he probably hsd no knowledge of that.

Latest posts