I hate our offense

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":q1yezcxb said:
I would love for someone to quit softballing Pete Carrol and ask him point blank... "When is your offensive line going to learn to pass block?"

Our QB will not survive the year at this rate. We have not improved on the oline and we absolutely needed to.

I remember reading that prediction 16 times last year too.

These Nostradamus' in here are legit good.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
With all the penalties on the OL tonight Sweezy and Britt looked like Rockstars. Unger, Okung and Carp were downright awful. Same song, different year. The only team that can beat the Seahawks is the Seahawks. And that can be fixed.

Oh I would be remiss for not throwing my vote in for League MVP for young mr. Wilson!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3kt33dqr said:
volsunghawk":3kt33dqr said:
Hawkpower":3kt33dqr said:
volsunghawk":3kt33dqr said:
I would suggest a lot of that has to do with the fact that Russell Wilson is a magical leprechaun ninja. We have significant protection issues, and our WRs weren't doing us many favors with the drops. I appreciate that Wilson's scrambles create breakdowns in the defense that help with some big plays, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I wish we could see some dropbacks that didn't devolve into Wilson running backwards 8 yards and then avoiding 2 linebackers as he finds Lynch for 24.

Same issue as last year and we won the Super Bowl by 35 points.

It sucks, but we win anyway.

We need to put that SB victory out of our minds because 1) it's only 1 game and that margin of victory hinged on multiple events that we can't be guaranteed to replicate and 2) it's in the past, and that means exactly nothing for this season.

The concern I have is that we had that same issue last year, and the efforts to address it HAVEN'T WORKED YET. If you recall, we struggled a lot with Wilson last year and that was due, in part, to the damage he was taking as our pass protection broke down again and again. If we hadn't had an incredibly deep defense, we might not have gotten as far as we did. We don't have that same defensive depth this year. Our offense is showing better on the scoreboard, but I worry about it being sustainable when we have our line committing penalty after penalty and forcing Wilson to run for his life.

Fine.

We had the same issues last year and went 13-3 with the #1 seed.

This year we have the same issues and have beaten Denver and Green Bay, and narrowly lost on the road to one of this years better teams in San Diego.

Hows that?

It sucks and I wish it was different, but until it actually costs us something its just something for spoiled fans to whine about after a 10 point road win on the East Coast.

I don't think it's spoiled to want Wilson to take fewer hits.

I don't think it's spoiled to want more consistent performance from the O-line.

And for the record, I'm not upset over the win. I realize that every win you get is really freaking hard to come by, and I really appreciate the team as a whole getting another W. But that W doesn't automatically make the game played by the team tonight just the bestest ever.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":20r9gzkv said:
I would love for someone to quit softballing Pete Carrol and ask him point blank... "When is your offensive line going to learn to pass block?"

Our QB will not survive the year at this rate. We have not improved on the oline and we absolutely needed to.
Spot on and I don't care how many 'chicken littles' and the like I hear.

volsunghawk":20r9gzkv said:
I don't think it's spoiled to want Wilson to take fewer hits.

I don't think it's spoiled to want more consistent performance from the O-line.

And for the record, I'm not upset over the win. I realize that every win you get is really freaking hard to come by, and I really appreciate the team as a whole getting another W. But that W doesn't automatically make the game played by the team tonight just the bestest ever.
Also spot on.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2u9abz6b said:

Your perception of football is "legit good", too. Almost any other QB learning the NFL world behind this O-line would have been turned into a bust by now from being killed so much.

SMH.

Smellyman

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2nolzuab said:
Gets the worst pass pro game of his career...

Completes 75% of his passes.

I like this kid

- bsd

and how many drops?

While making uabelievable plays running and passing.

stud

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
kf3339":2h9lgu2k said:
I agree about our offense. We just don't play to have the type of offense that destroys opponents and takes their will to finish the game. That too often leaves us to allowing other teams to stay in the game, instead of believe they can come back on us.

It is what right now is holding this team back from being truly a dynasty IMO.

Really...?

Skins' D was ranked 12 against pass, 7 against run, and 9 overall. That's not exactly bad.

Were not running Lynch enough...were not throwing deep enough...were not "destroying their will enough"...

How about we do what it takes to win a football game where the other NFL football team 1.) does not exactly roll over and die, 2) has 90+ thousand fans at home, 3) is on the East cost where statistically west coast teams have a poor record league-wide, 4.) gets favorable calls all night, 5.)blitzes like crazy (and effectively) all night long in an attempt to take advantage of or perceived/real o-line issues...etc.?

Packing the box and heavy blitzing will continue. And yes, there will be downfield opportunities as there were tonight. Penalties and drops killed tonight. Otherwise the Hawks' O was the type of offense that destroys opponents and takes their will to finish the game. Only issue I saw was stupid penalties and inconsistent O-line play.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3pi1ejc2 said:
kf3339":3pi1ejc2 said:
I agree about our offense. We just don't play to have the type of offense that destroys opponents and takes their will to finish the game. That too often leaves us to allowing other teams to stay in the game, instead of believe they can come back on us.

It is what right now is holding this team back from being truly a dynasty IMO.

Really...?

Skins' D was ranked 12 against pass, 7 against run, and 9 overall. That's not exactly bad.

Were not running Lynch enough...were not throwing deep enough...were not "destroying their will enough"...

How about we do what it takes to win a football game where the other NFL football team 1.) does not exactly roll over and die, 2) has 90+ thousand fans at home, 3) is on the East cost where statistically west coast teams have a poor record league-wide, 4.) gets favorable calls all night, 5.)blitzes like crazy (and effectively) all night long in an attempt to take advantage of or perceived/real o-line issues...etc.?

Packing the box and heavy blitzing will continue. And yes, there will be downfield opportunities as there were tonight. Penalties and drops killed tonight. Otherwise the Hawks' O was the type of offense that destroys opponents and takes their will to finish the game. Only issue I saw was stupid penalties and inconsistent O-line play.

great post.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":an5no8pr said:
Hawkpower":an5no8pr said:

Your perception of football is "legit good", too. Almost any other QB learning the NFL world behind this O-line would have been turned into a bust by now from being killed so much.

SMH.

I'm SMH too my friend.

Good thing we dont have "Almost any other QB learning the NFL" then huh?

I agree the oline sucks.

Advocate a fix, but quit predicting doom that isnt coming.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkpower":24qlvnma said:
I have. Every single year, going back to before we even had Russell Wilson.

I would love to see the Seahawks draft O-line high every single draft. Every year. Without fail.

Been saying it for years; you CANNOT GO WRONG building and maintaining a fantastic O-line.

Also, Smellyman, one of the key indicators of a GREAT team rather than a good one is that they consistently blowout bad teams. Football Outsiders has written about this a fair bit.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3jsjjfel said:
Hawkpower":3jsjjfel said:
I have. Every single year, going back to before we even had Russell Wilson.

I would love to see the Seahawks draft O-line high every single draft. Every year. Without fail.

Been saying it for years; you CANNOT GO WRONG building and maintaining a fantastic O-line.

Also, Smellyman, one of the key indicators of a GREAT team rather than a good one is that they consistently blowout bad teams. Football Outsiders has written about this a fair bit.

Well a perfect football team would be quite nice. Guess for now we will just have to suffice with being the best team in the NFL with a flaw until we can fix it.

The Seahawks last year regularly were unable to blowout bad teams. Would you consider the 2014 SuperBowl Champs good or GREAT??

evergreen

Reaction score
Don't forget some really ticky tacky calls that brought back a few tds and some 3rd down conversions.

kearly

Reaction score
Seems really weird to critique the offense on a night where at least four explosive plays and three TDs were called back on penalties. With better officiating the final score probably would have been 41-17.

I bet somehow Wilson gets a horrible QBR for this game.

TXHawk

Reaction score
kearly":1f8kbiuo said:
Seems really weird to critique the offense on a night where at least four explosive plays and three TDs were called back on penalties. With better officiating the final score probably would have been 41-17.

That's what I was thinking. Wilson was pretty much the whole offense tonight so he'll probably get a QBR of about 55.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Can't stand when the offense goes for 400+ and 27 pts. :sarcasm_off:

Sure there are things to improve upon, but relative to the majority of the league the offense is ballin.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Maybe when Sark gets fired at the end of the year, Pete can bring him back when another team grabs Bevell.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":ozqskrr1 said:
"He took a horrible sack late in the game; 5 QBR rating for the day!"

Never mind the fact that he did it on purpose to keep the clock running exactly as he should have while his O-line was regularly throwing him in front of Peterbilt trucks to boot, especially on that specific play.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Anyone that can post this can't be old enough to have experienced the longsuffering of being a Hawk fan in the early 90's.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3tizpsf5 said:
Tech Worlds":3tizpsf5 said:

What a piss-ant response. In no way does the success of last year negate the constant issue of poor OL play. I want Russell to last another ten years, but history shows us time and again that smaller players who take too many hits tend to break down. The concern expressed is completely legit, so go away and take your nonsensical "we won a SB last year so stop complaining" apologies with you.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
kearly":q16jtyok said:

It won't hurt to look at those penalties in the light of day, but most seemed legit. Can't just blame officials for this.