I hate our offense

bandiger

Reaction score
I don't know why we suck so bad on third downs. Having Wilson, Lynch, and Harvin should be automatic most of the times.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3qz98o24 said:
We're one of the worst 3rd down offenses in the league. That's going to cost us against good teams.

Like the Broncos and Packers?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
DavidSeven":319leyh4 said:
We're averaging 27.5 points per game. Top 5. Broncos are at 29/game.

Pesky facts getting in the way of chicken little-itis.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2rvcdv20 said:
SeatownJay":2rvcdv20 said:
We're one of the worst 3rd down offenses in the league. That's going to cost us against good teams.

It nearly did cost us against Denver. Don't remember the fact that we had to go to overtime? Doesn't matter that our defense dominated Denver for three-and-a-half quarters. That is irrelevant. Overtime starts the whole game over.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Hard to throw it down the field at will when your line crumbles in pass protection all the damn time. You have to call plays that counter against pressure.

Offensive woes are on the line, not on Bevell.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":7m4hnpwt said:

I would suggest a lot of that has to do with the fact that Russell Wilson is a magical leprechaun ninja. We have significant protection issues, and our WRs weren't doing us many favors with the drops. I appreciate that Wilson's scrambles create breakdowns in the defense that help with some big plays, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I wish we could see some dropbacks that didn't devolve into Wilson running backwards 8 yards and then avoiding 2 linebackers as he finds Lynch for 24.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Vpk0718":4do641tw said:
Hard to throw it down the field at will when your line crumbles in pass protection all the damn time. You have to call plays that counter against pressure.

Offensive woes are on the line, not on Bevell.
Where were some slants when our pass pro was acting like a turnstile all night?

Rainger

Reaction score
It does look like we have lost our mauler, hard nosed, drive down your throat, offense to a gimmick finesse deception type of offense other than ML that is.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dfdc499 said:
Hawkpower":2dfdc499 said:
SeatownJay":2dfdc499 said:

It nearly did cost us against Denver. Don't remember the fact that we had to go to overtime? Doesn't matter that our defense dominated Denver for three-and-a-half quarters. That is irrelevant. Overtime starts the whole game over.

But it didnt.

the flailing hyperbole is amusing when it didnt cost us at all against two of the best teams we will play all year.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
volsunghawk":33i8atjb said:
DavidSeven":33i8atjb said:

I would suggest a lot of that has to do with the fact that Russell Wilson is a magical leprechaun ninja. We have significant protection issues, and our WRs weren't doing us many favors with the drops. I appreciate that Wilson's scrambles create breakdowns in the defense that help with some big plays, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I wish we could see some dropbacks that didn't devolve into Wilson running backwards 8 yards and then avoiding 2 linebackers as he finds Lynch for 24.

Same issue as last year and we won the Super Bowl by 35 points.

It sucks, but we win anyway.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
volsunghawk":27ea75it said:
DavidSeven":27ea75it said:

Pass pro is an issue. That's obvious. Our play designs are basically in place to address that. Even with two subpar pass blocking tackles, the team is fielding a top 5 offense. Miller being out is also huge.

Just got to get through it, hope Miller gets back healthy, hope Okung gets healthier and better and hope Britt improves with experience.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1mcnv6x1 said:
But it didnt.

the flailing hyperbole is amusing when it didnt cost us at all against two of the best teams we will play all year.
"Flailing hypberole"; lol, yeah, ok.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Without the penalties and a couple drops, we would not be having this conversation.

Regarding the o-line and opposing defense, how would you defend against this offense? Drop extra guys back in coverage?
I'd blitz the hell out of them and hope for the best- pretty much what the Skins did.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Gets the worst pass pro game of his career...

Completes 75% of his passes.

I like this kid

- bsd

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":hst3em6f said:
volsunghawk":hst3em6f said:
DavidSeven":hst3em6f said:

We need to put that SB victory out of our minds because 1) it's only 1 game and that margin of victory hinged on multiple events that we can't be guaranteed to replicate and 2) it's in the past, and that means exactly nothing for this season.

The concern I have is that we had that same issue last year, and the efforts to address it HAVEN'T WORKED YET. If you recall, we struggled a lot with Wilson last year and that was due, in part, to the damage he was taking as our pass protection broke down again and again. If we hadn't had an incredibly deep defense, we might not have gotten as far as we did. We don't have that same defensive depth this year. Our offense is showing better on the scoreboard, but I worry about it being sustainable when we have our line committing penalty after penalty and forcing Wilson to run for his life.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":23hew41t said:
Hawkpower":23hew41t said:
But it didnt.

"Flailing hypberole"; lol, yeah, ok.

LOL yeah indeed.

WERE GOING TO LOSE TO "GOOD TEAMS" IF THIS KEEPS UP!!! even though we didnt, is very much flailing hyperbole, sky falling, chicken little behavior.

Laloosh

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1fm1fmsp said:
DavidSeven":1fm1fmsp said:

Wouldn't mind that at all but something tells me Russ would wind up on a stretcher if he stepped up into the pocket one too many times with this pass pro.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
volsunghawk":7r0ve62j said:
Hawkpower":7r0ve62j said:
volsunghawk":7r0ve62j said:
DavidSeven":7r0ve62j said:

We need to put that SB victory out of our minds because 1) it's only 1 game and that margin of victory hinged on multiple events that we can't be guaranteed to replicate and 2) it's in the past, and that means exactly nothing for this season.

The concern I have is that we had that same issue last year, and the efforts to address it HAVEN'T WORKED YET. If you recall, we struggled a lot with Wilson last year and that was due, in part, to the damage he was taking as our pass protection broke down again and again. If we hadn't had an incredibly deep defense, we might not have gotten as far as we did. We don't have that same defensive depth this year. Our offense is showing better on the scoreboard, but I worry about it being sustainable when we have our line committing penalty after penalty and forcing Wilson to run for his life.

Fine.

We had the same issues last year and went 13-3 with the #1 seed.

This year we have the same issues and have beaten Denver and Green Bay, and narrowly lost on the road to one of this years better teams in San Diego.

Hows that?

It sucks and I wish it was different, but until it actually costs us something its just something for spoiled fans to whine about after a 10 point road win on the East Coast.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I would love for someone to quit softballing Pete Carrol and ask him point blank... "When is your offensive line going to learn to pass block?"

Our QB will not survive the year at this rate. We have not improved on the oline and we absolutely needed to.

kf3339

Reaction score
I agree about our offense. We just don't play to have the type of offense that destroys opponents and takes their will to finish the game. That too often leaves us to allowing other teams to stay in the game, instead of believe they can come back on us.

It is what right now is holding this team back from being truly a dynasty IMO.