What I LOVE about our offense nowadays

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I like:
No delay of games
No holding calls
Very few WTF moments
Geno able to progress through the whole left to right field.
Receivers catching balls in stride..
What was the difference yesterday with the play clock? I don't recall having more than one per game come down to 00 but yesterday there were several that were very near misses, including one that I think the refs should've flagged. I know many here would be fuming if it was the Cards getting that extra time. It wasn't crowd noise , there are usually almost as many Seahawk fans there as Cards fans. Has anyone addressed it in press appearances?

ccla

Reaction score
No I don't think I can let it go.

Yes we have a good thing going, right now but this makes me very angry how my team was held back ,and I had to endure the last few wasted years because of that narcissistic asshole.

Back to the thread, the O is great and going to get better.

Yeah, that is exactly why i wanted Pete gone as well as Russ, why give him two extensions when he must have know what we all saw? However, i am letting it go now!

Back to the OP, what i love about this team (and this may be due to bias) is that EVERYBODY is smiling on the field and the sidelines, not only the O, but the D and staff!
I have not noticed that for quite a while, and it is nice to see (again i am willing to concede that it may be due to my bias).

ccla

Rainger

Reaction score
Yeah, that is exactly why i wanted Pete gone as well as Russ, why give him two extensions when he must have know what we all saw? However, i am letting it go now!

Back to the OP, what i love about this team (and this may be due to bias) is that EVERYBODY is smiling on the field and the sidelines, not only the O, but the D and staff!
I have not noticed that for quite s while, and it is nice to see (again i am willing to concede that it may be due to my bias).

ccla
You need to edit your post from want to wanted unless you are saying you think Pete should go.
Haha already done good on u

toffee

Reaction score
I was thinking of all the games this season, then I realize that we are starting a new tradition:

The days of having to make 4th quarter comebacks are gone, we often go into the 4th with a lead, and we send our closer out to close the game. Our defense didn't have to play hero ball to save the game either, the offense is their own closer, they will methodically march down the field, making 1st downs, ate up the minutes.

Needless to say, we don't play the comeback hero ball and I must confess that at times I miss those, I also wonder if Geno had that hero in him. But you what? I will take going into 4th with a lead and closing the game with a minutes eating drive or drives, any day over last second comeback.

sc85sis

Reaction score
We will likely have a game at some point where we have to come from behind to win. I'm not counting Geno out - especially after he came right back with a drive following that pick yesterday. He's got the mental toughness needed.

sutz

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago we had a 5 play, 75 yard drive that scored a quick TD. It wasn't in the last 2 minutes, but it showed a capability to move the ball and score quickly.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
What was the difference yesterday with the play clock? I don't recall having more than one per game come down to 00 but yesterday there were several that were very near misses, including one that I think the refs should've flagged. I know many here would be fuming if it was the Cards getting that extra time. It wasn't crowd noise , there are usually almost as many Seahawk fans there as Cards fans. Has anyone addressed it in press appearances?
It doesn't matter, play was run, there was no foul, there was no wasted timeouts..all good.

sutz

Reaction score
I think the best thing about the offense as it is right now is that it is so varied. Opponents can't shut down one thing or one player and it all comes unraveled. If the D focuses on and stops one thing/player, our Offense can switch gears and attack elsewhere. And it can do it pretty quickly, too.

Kill the deep pass? OK, we'll dink and dunk and pile up the 1st downs.

Stop the run inside? We can break it outside and get positive yards there.

Lock down our WRs? OK, we have 3 TEs that can all block and catch.

It goes on and on. Loving it.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I've had to change my mindset like most, but once you do....oh man, it makes watching the games so much more enjoyable!

No more 'here we go again', or 'I'll bet they won't pick up this third down', or 'you can't drop that ball!'.

Now I'm just enjoying the game, anticipating that they'll be able to move the ball more often than not and knowing we have a D that can make a big difference.

I'll still stress during the 4th quarter if we don't have a lead, but I'm now able to keep a positive attitude that they'll finish the game regardless.
Now I just need to see a great Geno comeback drive.

Oh what a feeling!

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It doesn't matter, play was run, there was no foul, there was no wasted timeouts..all good.
It does matter when something a team does well is done poorly. Trying to find out why isn’t an indictment on anything.

BASF

Reaction score
The most lovable thing about our offense nowadays is that we will run the same play several times, but the ball has gone to every single receiver from the same play, so the defenses can't cheat to where the ball is "supposed to go."

Second most lovable thing about our offense nowadays is something we have not had since Holmgren, variations. Waldron is very adept at running a play a few times to get the defense to start looking where it has gone before and changing one route on the play that pops that player for a big gain.

Third most lovable thing about our offense nowadays is Andy Dickerson's coaching job. Every player knows their role in the running and passing game to get the ball carrier the best opportunity to succeed. It is a joy to watch.

Edit to add, because I am not sure that it was Dickerson that picked up on it or if it was one of the other coaches that picked up on the reason. In the first Cards game, the defense caught someone tipping the snap count. Usually when this happens it is a linemen who is doing something subconsciously like flexing their fingers or licking their lips just before the ball is supposed to be snapped. I thought that it was Haynes who had come in to replace an injured Jackson. But, one of our coaches caught it within two series and it was taken care of. Hell of a job by whoever figured it out.

Latest posts