I hate this football team

onepicknick1

Reaction score
I love the franchise. I HATE this team. I hate the coaching, I hate most of the players. I hate how undisciplined they are, I hate how soft they are, I hate how they play with no fire, I hate how they play down to bad teams, I hate how they get pushed around by other teams, I hate how they can never blow bad teams out, I hate how they are making it the norm to lose important games at home. I hate how bad this defense has been for 5 years straight. I hate how the games are no longer fun to watch. I hate watching them struggle to do the most basic things like running the ball. I hate watching them get bullied by teams on both sides of the ball. I hate watching mediocre QB play knowing were just wasting another season. Sorry but the "any given Sunday" really shouldn't apply to a team this broken. I hate how incapable this team is at making adjustments at halftime. I hate that no matter who they bring in to be the OC and DC we get the same results. Nothing ever gets better.

I'm completely done with Pete Carroll. This team needs to be stripped to the studs and rebuilt. I have zero interest in watching what I watched this season. It's bad football that's really hard to watch.
Tell us what you really think. Lol

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Face it, the team really is not all that good. They have potential but are underplaying their contracts.

There were far too many 'business decisions' made yesterday by a few of the supposed leaders of the D.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It depends what you are willing to pay in order to be great.
Right now this is a .500 team. It was built to be that. Even if there are only 5-6 teams that are worse than it. We are basically a bottom-five team that puts up slightly better numbers because we focus on beating .500 and below teams.

It was never built to beat good teams and in fact, is probably built in a way that is easier for good teams to beat.
But you follow the plan and you will get about .500 and squeak into the playoffs occasionally.
That's a high floor but it comes with a low ceiling. Which is divisional playoff wins. (We did win our division once, but it involved half the key players from the competing team getting injured that year.)
We have a team built to capitalize on mistakes. Good teams make less mistakes. And when teams don't stop themselves, we really cannot stop them.
That can be maddening once you recognize it as a fan.

If you get rid of that, you are going to have some bad years. But the hope is you make it through the bad years and get another cycle of good to great.

Still the idea we can remove Carroll and somehow improve has to be put to bed. This team will have to be stripped down to the studs once Carroll leaves. Reloading won't be an option. Rebuilding won't either until the team is completely stripped first. We probably will have to be terrible for a few years.
Are we as fans ready for that?

Wheetie

Reaction score
It depends what you are willing to pay in order to be great.
Right now this is a .500 team. It was built to be that. Even if there are only 5-6 teams that are worse than it. We are basically a bottom-five team that puts up slightly better numbers because we focus on beating .500 and below teams.

It was never built to beat good teams and in fact, is probably built in a way that is easier for good teams to beat.
But you follow the plan and you will get about .500 and squeak into the playoffs occasionally.
That's a high floor but it comes with a low ceiling. Which is divisional playoff wins. (We did win our division once, but it involved half the key players from the competing team getting injured that year.)
We have a team built to capitalize on mistakes. Good teams make less mistakes. And when teams don't stop themselves, we really cannot stop them.
That can be maddening once you recognize it as a fan.

If you get rid of that, you are going to have some bad years. But the hope is you make it through the bad years and get another cycle of good to great.

Still the idea we can remove Carroll and somehow improve has to be put to bed. This team will have to be stripped down to the studs once Carroll leaves. Reloading won't be an option. Rebuilding won't either until the team is completely stripped first. We probably will have to be terrible for a few years.
Are we as fans ready for that?
Respectfully, BS. The Rams are in "Cap Hell" and weren't supposed to compete this year. However, look where they're at now, and that's after shipping off a lot of talent and relying on their young guys. Adversity can be overcome in any situation including a wholesale coaching change. There's a ton of young talent on the Hawks that can be tremendously impactful with the right coaching. They could still make some real noise next year with a coaching change.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That will never happen. Pete gets up by three in the first half and goes into protect-the-lead mode. He NEVER keeps his foot on the gas.
He was capable of it for a short period of time; I wish he'd have stayed in that mental lane. Remember this spate of three games in a row back at the tail end of 2012? We scored 150 points in three games and absolutely murdered all three opponents. To think about what could have been...

However, Pete Carroll's sunset has already arrived, he needs to sail off into it in a couple weeks for the betterment of the franchise.

xray

Reaction score
Hating anything is a soul sucker ; in my experience .

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Hell yeah brother. It's Harbaugh time! So long Pete
As much as I have had enough of the Lions this year - Dan Campbell anyone?

no idea where his contract situation is.... but we could use some hard nosed fight for every blade of grass punch you right in the face kinda shit around here.

He ain't throwing phones instead of challenge flags - he's full throttle every ******* game. No head scratching 'I can't process the result' there!

Dunno - him and QB Levis impressed me with their **** you gritty attitudes this season, irrespective of what you think of the Titans.

Again could use some ******* attitude here. Not "We played a good game." after a LOSS. TWICE!!!! FFS.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
As much as I have had enough of the Lions this year - Dan Campbell anyone?

no idea where his contract situation is.... but we could use some hard nosed fight for every blade of grass punch you right in the face kinda shit around here.

He ain't throwing phones instead of challenge flags - he's full throttle every ******* game. No head scratching 'I can't process the result' there!

Dunno - him and QB Levis impressed me with their **** you gritty attitudes this season, irrespective of what you think of the Titans.

Again could use some ******* attitude here. Not "We played a good game." after a LOSS. TWICE!!!! FFS.
I don't see the Lions letting him go, but I would love so see Seattle go that route and hire one of their former players, or a former player, as a head coach.

KJ Wright? Kam? Sherm? Can these guys coach??

James in PA

Reaction score
Check it out! Skip to the 29:00 mark!

BGHawk

Reaction score
I would like to have a Pete Carrol punching bag, as I could surely use it after watching Seahawk games.