I didn’t see Pete

RiverDog

Reaction score
How many beat reporters that cover the team have to tell you he was fired before you believe it?

Is the better question.
He was forcibly removed from his head coaching position and re-assigned. If you want to call that a firing, then go ahead.

And speaking of questions, you never answered mine. If you're Macdonald or JS, why wouldn't you want to ask Pete for his opinion?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If MM wants to continue with music during trading camp and practices, PCs advisory role will be relegated to the playlist.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I believe the advisor role was more of a PR move I am not expecting PC to be doing “advising”
Yep, it's called "Lip Service" to the tens of thousands of Pete Carroll Fans.
The smartest move that Jody, John & the Seahawks organization could make right now? erect a statue of Pete holding the Lombardi, because regardless of what Fade & a few other insulting lunkheads in here think, Pete Carroll still holds a special place in the hearts of MOST Seahawk Fans.
>DIGNITY<

had2bhawk

Reaction score
He was forcibly removed from his head coaching position and re-assigned. If you want to call that a firing, then go ahead.

And speaking of questions, you never answered mine. If you're Macdonald or JS, why wouldn't you want to ask Pete for his opinion?
It doesn't hurt to get that third opinion.
I'm totally curious in JS/MM's draft board. I think these two guys will have a good relationship and agree on excellent prospects.

keasley45

Reaction score
My belief, without a shred of evidence at all, is that Schneider wants nothing to do with Pete Carroll in a business capacity moving forward. He's literally giddy now, you can tell, when he's in the spotlight. I think the chains have been removed and he's loving his freedom. Again, this is my take. I'd be floored if Carroll is anywhere near the team this coming year. Seeing your ex at a party when you're with your new date is always just awkward.
There are divorces where the parties are resentful. And there are divorces where they are amicable and friends. Nothing I saw from any of the press conferences indicate to me an ounce of ill will.

What I do see in John is a determination to address the flaws as he's seen them in the last few years - lack of tough love. Lack of physicality. Lack of adaptability.

He's obviously been on the opposite side of those points with Pete and its why Pete isn't here. But I don't think that there's bad blood between them for it. Like in any relationship, once you remove the reason to fight (as in a marriage where a couple sees a slightly different version of the future, one from the other), any negativity can drop away. Pete and John have no reason to disagree anymore. If anything, Pete would be the one to not want to be around. But if / when he allows the hard feelings to settle, I don't see why he would be exiled from the facility. There is real love and respect between the two, and Pete at this point would be nothing more than the oddball grandpa dropping by for the occasional 'life lesson' speech.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The advisor role is there to take or leave. If Pete really wants to, he can "advise", but he is under no obligation to do so, it will have no affect on his pay, so more than likely he will try to find a coaching gig or just relax and enjoy a year off from football.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Pete will have zero involvement imo. I do think Macdonald might have a convo behind closed doors about the roster etc. Pete is still a paid employee. Of course this convo will never be made public as certain people would create some spin that Pete is Macdonald's puppetmaster....

RiverDog

Reaction score
Negative. If John and Mike need Pete's input on this, the Seahawks are in serious trouble.
I never said that they "need" Pete's opinion.

And once again, if you're in Mac's position, why wouldn't you ask Pete for his opinion? Are you afraid of what he might say?
Pete was stripped of his personnel powers for a reason, and gutted his staff for a reason.

Let's say you have an all time chef, but he's gotten old. He keeps burning the food. He used to be one of the best, but can't do it no more.

The new hire from one of the best culinary schools takes over. Is he honestly going to ask the guy who keeps burning the food for advice?

They took the keys from grandpa. It's over.
Once again, I never said that Pete wasn't stripped of his duties or that they didn't "take the keys away". I've been an advocate of removing him for some time. But I don't possess the same degree of hate and disrespect for him as you apparently do.

Jac

Reaction score
Pete will have zero involvement imo. I do think Macdonald might have a convo behind closed doors about the roster etc. Pete is still a paid employee. Of course this convo will never be made public as certain people would create some spin that Pete is Macdonald's puppetmaster....
I think that's fair. Macdonald strikes me as somebody who is extremely thorough so he may very well canvas Carroll for thoughts about players. However, it'd be a pretty minor piece of the equation here. Schneider knows this roster inside and out from a player evaluation POV, and Macdonald is going to be doing his own comprehensive evaluation. I bet 2024 will have the flavor of 2010 when Schneider/Carroll had hundreds of transactions turning over this roster.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Lighten up. I'm not calling him anything derogatory.

And it's no where near the hate and disrespect I received over the years for merely pointing out the obvious that he was the problem in threads with great detail, football reasons, not personal.

Until I receive my flowers the jokes will continue.
You're demanding praise on an internet forum after alienating the vast majority of the forum with your own conduct.

You used to be regarded as a top poster with a well-reviewed weekly series. You did this to yourself with your own posting style.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think that's fair. Macdonald strikes me as somebody who is extremely thorough so he may very well canvas Carroll for thoughts about players. However, it'd be a pretty minor piece of the equation here. Schneider knows this roster inside and out from a player evaluation POV, and Macdonald is going to be doing his own comprehensive evaluation. I bet 2024 will have the flavor of 2010 when Schneider/Carroll had hundreds of transactions turning over this roster.
Agreed. This is his team and it's gonna look the way he wants it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It used to be considered widely lame to toot one's horn, point out how right you were and how others were wrong for doubting you, etc.

What ever happened to Gary Cooper? The strong, silent type?

There's no "win" in any of this if you've got to live for "I told you so!" It doesn't even feel good to get a prediction right if you've got to broadcast how right you were to everyone.

This should be regarded as a place to hold conversation, sans the pissing contents and self-fellation, no?

hoxrox

Reaction score
Until I receive my flowers the jokes will continue.
If flowers is what you're after, you're going about it the wrong way.

Pete may have lost his edge as a head coach, but as a human being, he's done far more for his players and his community than you can imagine. Ironically, he can teach you a thing or two about "earning flowers"

Your denigrating remarks are unnecessary.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Pete was fired. “Advisor” is just a nice way of putting.
100% and I think KJ is correct when he also stated it on his live stream after Mike was announced. He also has more connections so I’ll believe him. Also, if my employer shitcanned me and my staff then offered me a different role.. yeah no thanks lol 😂

People who want to pearl clutch and believe and hope Pc is still there “Advising” or doing whatever need to move on at some point and face the reality