Zen? Sort Of.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn’t watch a single moment of the game today as it happened. I decided to spare myself the unnecessary stress between the Bears and Seahawks games.

Instead I drove with my fiancée up north to Long Beach, WA. Found a fantastic rainbow (see below), stop and ate at a charming restaurant with incredible clams and fish and chips. Had a tasting of fine spirits up the road from there and just had an all around wonderful day.

I turned off my phone the entire time. I only turned it back on as we were making our way back into Astoria, OR. That’s when I found out the Bears didn’t live up to their end of the bargain but the Seahawks somehow escaped with a victory thanks to a missed field goal.

We finished the day at our favorite whiskey bar. Had one cocktail. I said I was going to go home and turn on all my Seahawks lights, indoors and outdoors, because we had won our game and because it would be 8 months before I get to see those blue and green lights again.

So here I am. Just now watching the game. I can see for myself all the good, the bad and the ugly of what it looks like to barely beat a 4-win divisional opponent when your playoff lives are on the line.

Now’s not the time for me to pontificate over Pete or who else will or won’t be let go or fired. We have nothing but time ahead to do that for the next several months.

Tonight I sit here awash in the glow of blue and green and think of all that could have been, and what still, may be yet to come.

IMG 5236

-Pete-

Reaction score
That sounds like a great way to spend a day. What restaurant?