Votes: 59 46.8%
  • It was necessary, Coleman can fill the role in his position

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters

RussellMania

Reaction score
Yeah you're right. Just finished rewatching the game (boy does the condensed version on Game Pass make this easy) and Coleman is only in about half a dozen times. 2 of those times Coleman picks up a first down catching the ball, and one one of those times Coleman blocks for Turbin allowing him to get about 15 yards. Maybe we should use a FB more because at this rate Lynch won't even have 800 yards this season.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Dom Said:
You wait till they actually cut bait with a big name player. This city is gonna shit.

No kidding - we still passionately hate ARod for signing that mega contract with Texas. I don't even care about his recent stuff, I'm just relieved the rest of the country caught up to what a giant douche he is for not staying with Mariners.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Mick063":3qusorh8 said:
I have another question.

How pissed would you be if a better player was released because of salary cap issues due to paying every MRob that comes down the pike?

Define better. He's a pro-bowl FB that was well liked in the locker room as well as by the fans. What's wrong with fans becoming attached to a player here and there? I haven't read any posts about people being "pissed" but dissapointed? Yes...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Of course we miss him.

Tell you what, go back last year and compare the average YPC with Robinson blocking to the average YPC without him this year.

Maybe we can compare the average YPC this year to last, but the problem is that the sample size is low and the results are skewed because Carolina does have a great front 7. Is that ridiculous? Because we have such a small sample size and it is the first game?

Just as ridiculous as looking at the # of times we used a FB in the last game as justification for why our running game was not affected by the lack of a FB. All else being equal, removing a FB is going to hurt a running game because you have one less blocker.

You cannot just say "Well we didn't use a FB but a few times so that means we didn't miss him" because the comparison is with how you would have done if you had used a FB. Clearly, since our FB is less experienced we are going to look for formations that do not rely as much on a FB. That does not mean that using a FB or more specifically using Robinson as a FB would not have helped us.

FBs make it easier on the RB. Hell, I believe that even Barry Sanders, one of the greatest RB of all time, did not get his first 2000 yard season until they used a FB. It makes a difference.

Add that Robinson was a vocal team leader and an effective weapon in the passing game - and I am not sure how you can make the case we are not going to have negative effects from that loss.

Seafan

Reaction score
After the first preseason game I told my son he was gone. Coleman is impressive. This offense needs someone who can do it all. Holmy settled for receivers who couldn't catch, runners who couldn't catch or block. No more. Coleman is solid on special teams and can run, block and catch. Onward and upward.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2lqb2j9y said:
Mick063":2lqb2j9y said:
I have another question.

How pissed would you be if a better player was released because of salary cap issues due to paying every MRob that comes down the pike?

Define better. He's a pro-bowl FB that was well liked in the locker room as well as by the fans. What's wrong with fans becoming attached to a player here and there? I haven't read any posts about people being "pissed" but dissapointed? Yes...

Yeah, I miss him. As far as dollars, maybe he wasn't the best value, but if MRobs just came down the pike all the time, every team would have one. We can move on, but I won't pretend that what he and Lynch had wasn't special.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":d3varqpo said:
Of course we miss him.

Tell you what, go back last year and compare the average YPC with Robinson blocking to the average YPC without him this year.

Maybe we can compare the average YPC this year to last, but the problem is that the sample size is low and the results are skewed because Carolina does have a great front 7. Is that ridiculous? Because we have such a small sample size and it is the first game?

Just as ridiculous as looking at the # of times we used a FB in the last game as justification for why our running game was not affected by the lack of a FB. All else being equal, removing a FB is going to hurt a running game because you have one less blocker.

You cannot just say "Well we didn't use a FB but a few times so that means we didn't miss him" because the comparison is with how you would have done if you had used a FB. Clearly, since our FB is less experienced we are going to look for formations that do not rely as much on a FB. That does not mean that using a FB or more specifically using Robinson as a FB would not have helped us.

FBs make it easier on the RB. Hell, I believe that even Barry Sanders, one of the greatest RB of all time, did not get his first 2000 yard season until they used a FB. It makes a difference.

Add that Robinson was a vocal team leader and an effective weapon in the passing game - and I am not sure how you can make the case we are not going to have negative effects from that loss.

That's actually not true in all cases. There are plenty of RB's who prefer the 1-back system. Who thrive in those kind of offenses. Also are you aware of the fact that Seattle had a significantly higher rushing average (YPA) when Robinson WASN'T on the field? The fact is Coleman graded out well for his first time (according PFF (IIRC)).

So will we miss him a little sure, but is it enough to justify his significant salary and his age? All that has to factor into the decision.

themunn

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1pal8ila said:
Don't miss him at all. Never met him.

why do you care if the Seahawks win a game? you don't play for them

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
themunn":a3xbxbxl said:
Tech Worlds":a3xbxbxl said:

Because I root for the team not the players.

Pretty simple really. Get used to change around here . Tough decisions will need to be made and I suspect you will be crying next year as well.

Dabhawk

Reaction score
From what I've seen out of Coleman I definitely miss Mike Rob. And I can tell you another character on the team who didnt take the move well, BEAST MODE. Watching him play at Carolina was saddening, it literally looked like he was lost and didn't have the physical aspect to his game like last year. Coleman is going to have to block the very best this week in Patrick Willis and unfortunately I don't see that going over well. Mike Rob had a hard time blocking Willis for most of last years game therefore its really hard to imagine Coleman doing any better(worse if anything). This Sunday will be a huge test for our run game. Excited to be there in person

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":37bvnbu4 said:
therealjohncarlson":37bvnbu4 said:
Why are we supposed to miss people most of us have never met?

Because we are Seattle and this is typical of our fan mentality up here.

You wait till they actually cut bait with a big name player. This city is gonna shit.

:13:

themunn

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":joeihfox said:
themunn":joeihfox said:
Tech Worlds":joeihfox said:

Pretty simple really. Get used to change around here . Tough decisions will need to be made and I suspect you will be crying next year as well.

So to you there's no difference between Walter Jones and Jerramy Stevens? As long as the team wins, who cares about the players?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
themunn":23xjejro said:
Tech Worlds":23xjejro said:
themunn":23xjejro said:
Tech Worlds said:

So to you there's no difference between Walter Jones and Jerramy Stevens? As long as the team wins, who cares about the players?

Yep.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want law breakers. Those guys won't last on the team anyhow. But as long as we remain competitive, and continue to win, I won't fret 1 iota over losing players.

It's about the team. Lemme guess your favorite player on the Mariners was Joey Cora huh?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Don't miss him at all. Never met him.[/quote]

why do you care if the Seahawks win a game? you don't play for them[/quote]

Pretty simple really. Get used to change around here . Tough decisions will need to be made and I suspect you will be crying next year as well.[/quote]

So to you there's no difference between Walter Jones and Jerramy Stevens? As long as the team wins, who cares about the players?[/quote]

Yep.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want law breakers. Those guys won't last on the team anyhow. But as long as we remain competitive, and continue to win, I won't fret 1 iota over losing players.

It's about the team. Lemme guess your favorite player on the Mariners was Joey Cora huh?[/quote]

That said, I suppose you don't wear anybody's jersey unless it's #12? Why bother picking a player's jersey if they're just cogs in a machine...

I don't understand that kind of "team" loyalty if you don't have at least one player that endears you that much more to your team.

themunn

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3pumd8cb said:
themunn":3pumd8cb said:

Yep.

It's about the team. Lemme guess your favorite player on the Mariners was Joey Cora huh?

I'm not from Seattle, I'm not a Mariners fan, I'm not even a baseball fan, so I have literally no idea what you're talking about.
I don't understand the logic in "supporting" a team just because you're from the same place if you don't have any affinity for the people who actually play for the team, then really there's no point in actually watching the sport, you might as well just check out the box score at the end and celebrate.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1eeuffz5 said:

Pretty simple really. Get used to change around here . Tough decisions will need to be made and I suspect you will be crying next year as well.[/quote]

So to you there's no difference between Walter Jones and Jerramy Stevens? As long as the team wins, who cares about the players?[/quote]

Yep.

It's about the team. Lemme guess your favorite player on the Mariners was Joey Cora huh?[/quote]

That said, I suppose you don't wear anybody's jersey unless it's #12? Why bother picking a player's jersey if they're just cogs in a machine...

I don't understand that kind of "team" loyalty if you don't have at least one player that endears you that much more to your team.[/quote]

I got favorite players, I wear jerseys. But I ain't gonna get all butt hurt if they leave. I can't control that.

I got a Wilson Jersey. Will I be upset if they dump him? Of course. I won't miss him and get all wishy washy. They ain't the Beatles and I ain't no teen aged girl fainting when I see them.
But I rooted for the team long before Wilson came and I'll root for it long after he's gone.

drdiags

Reaction score
Seems as though the offense has evolved since the early Bevell days. For some reason, the team has moved away from a MRob type or the big banger John Connor/Bruce Miller FB, which is kind of surprising to me.

I think the team misses MRob, but they also tend to close the ranks quickly and move on. As a fan, I just worry about things that can keep the team from winning. If his voice as a veteran is missed at a key point in a critical game, well I just hope it was replaced with a level-headed guy that can command respect in a time of uncertainty.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Tech Worlds, mind fixing your post so it doesn't look like I said that about MikeRob? Particularly since I was arguing exactly the opposite of that statement...

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2i1hp0au said:
Tech Worlds, mind fixing your post so it doesn't look like I said that about MikeRob? Particularly since I was arguing exactly the opposite of that statement...

The forum did it. I just quoted you. I played with it to get what I think you wanted conveyed. Didn't mean to mislead anyone