How Do You Watch The Hawks Games At Home?

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
International Game Pass has been fantastic here in Costa Rica. I get home from church and have about a 1/2 hour before the early games start.
I will watch Red Zone if the Hawks are not playing, but if they are I bring them both up and watch the Hawks and bounce to Red Zone during commercials. I no longer let the game control all my day, yet while they are playing I am intently involved.

I do talk to Geno quite a bit when we have the ball. He seldom listens to me, actually he does the exact opposite sometimes :rolleyes:.

I do most of this with my laptop hooked up to the TV, it makes it easier to bounce around. The outcome no longer determines how my day goes afterwords. Tho sometimes I have to go take a walk in the jungle to get my Pura Vida back :cool:. When we first got down here I was only able to listen to the game. I appreciate being able to go back over the games with 40 minute highlights or coaches film. Have not went back to watch the Ravens game yet, but I will. Stopped drinking in April and it seems I am a whole lot calmer during the rough spots.

When the game is over I do come to see how you guys and gals are doing.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I go here (my 90 inch) and start with 1/2 the FOX pregame show - fast forwarding anything overtly stupid:

Sunday tv

I get the crew ready (the cat's collar 'charm' is actually 1/2 a set of '12' earrings that the Roomba ate the other one, so it got repurposed for the cat) - Gus is the Morkie, and Luna's the cat:

Sunday gus
Sunday luna

Then I make Coffee and Breakfast for the Lady:

Sunday   coffee
Sunday breakfast

Then the usual that most people do - Early Game, RedZone in PIP, game on full. Game in the afternoon - Good redzone in the morning, then PIP in the afternoon.

Our little Redzone/coffee/breakfast/coffee with Baileys/pets decked out/seahawks day is truly my favorite time off the week. Hate the offseason.

We used to watch sunday night - but I got annoyed with Colinsworth a few times, and only care if it's US, or if it's a good game.

We used to do alot more 'gear' when we lived back in the house - and compared to most man-caves you are probably thinking: "where's all the hawks stuff". When we downsized - we just put out a reasonable amount of 'stuff' now. I have been meaning to get back to the storage unit and snag my mini helmets - but just haven't gotten around to it. No real jerseys. My last one was a Hass jersey and got 'lost' in the move(s) - and with the Canuck $ conversion - I'm not running out and spending like 600 bucks just for jerseys. So, just basic hawks t-shirts and such. My wife has a couple bedazzled set of Hawks earrings too.

My wife used to watch RedZone alone, if you can believe it. I used to hate it, and now it's on par- or even better/ish/whatever than our actual game - ESPECIALLY in the morning. I started with RedZone about 4 or 5 years ago.

That's the mini version. Nothing to spectacular but it's what 'we' do. Oh ya, I forgot - spaghetti sauce in the crockpot at 3:30pm!!!!!

Edit: Forgot - I'm bartender for the day. Mimosas for the lady, coffee and baileys for me, and then a Caesar for her, and bloody mary for me at 3pm!

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Here's a question for all you armchair warriors. I now live in Arizona and finding the 'Hawks games is always a problem. It looks like NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube could work, but it has been impossible for me to find out if it is strictly real-time streaming, or can I watch the game later? Since YouTube doesn't answer that question, I mostly get to watch the game recaps. If you know how YouTube (regular YT, not YouTubeTV) presents the game, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.
I used to live in Gold Canyon. There are a few Hawk bars in the Phoenix area Dave and Busters in Desert Ridge, Wicked Rain in Gilbert and Fibber McGees in Chandler

Xxx

Reaction score
This is for when you are in the comforts of your own home. The game is about to kickoff and you have the 3 hours to devote to the game if you so desire.

Years ago, long before our Super Bowl championship, social media, DVRs (pausing/fast forward ability), I would sit down and start watching. Every bad play by us was met with some kind of profanity. If there was screaming and throwing objects involved, it would directly correlate with the severity of the bad play or outcome. My girlfriends or wives would usually leave the room or use that time slot to go shopping or visit a friend, lol.

I was one hot mess.

I never apologized for it (well, okay maybe there were a few apologies along the way). Everyone who knew me knew I was a diehard that wore my emotions on my sleeves on gameday. But after winning it all, I really did begin to mellow. Sure, I would still yell and throw up some choice profanity but unless your dead, a diehard just can't help themselves sometimes.

Nowadays, my routine is quite different.

Here's what a typical gameday experience at home looks like for me. I would love to hear yours as well.

I usually start by watching NFL RedZone live. ("7 hours of commercial-free football, start NOW!" might be on my tombstone) if the Seahawks game isn't until 1pm Pacific. If it's 10am Pacific I watch the game live. If there's no major sh*t show unfolding, I'll stick with it. Normally I pause here and there to go to the bathroom, or grab something from the kitchen but the main purpose of pausing is if either 1) the game is going south so I can fast forward through the opponent's big plays and our misery or 2) so I can fast forward through commercials. Usually it's for both purposes.

If the game is going south (and being a diehard for most of my life I have a really fine-tuned Spidey Sense when it's going to be "one of those games"), I turn it back to RedZone and will stay there pretty much the rest of the day. Since RZ shows all major plays from every game going on live, I can get a good sense on whether I turn back to the game or not.

Sometimes I get so nervous (this is the real neurotic part) I won't watch anything that may show me an update and I tell my daughter she can only text me GOOD NEWS, lol. I had to develop this request because in the past, either I wasn't live or didn't want any updates and she would text something like "Wow we really look like crap!" which was never a fun feeling.

I will ignore all other texts from friends and family until after the game because I can't expect them to know if I am watching live, nor cater to my Gameday Neurosis, lol.

Neurotic? Sure. But it works for me. It saves me from spiking my blood pressure, being stressed out and potentially angry and upset for 3 hours. I get how some think it's a badge of honor to stick with the game regardless of how great or bad it's going. I did that for decades, I paid my dues. Now I just want to enjoy the game on my terms.

So how about you? What's your process of watching the games at home?

There's no judging here, by the way. There is no right or wrong way to watch.
Have you ever broke the tv?

Xxx

Reaction score
I like to have it on surround sound on my big screen while I wear my 2004 grant wistrom jersey. I hate when I am behind the live broadcast though. Sometimes especially if I know the score and we are losing I will fast forward, I’m a sore loser

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
I had issues with my Broadband and after reporting it to BT I noticed that a cable which was frayed possibily from being run over by the Hoover had snapped. Luckily in the UK, EE and British Telecom had merged and I was able to use their WiFi with not too many connection issues. Although after this mornings game I wished that there had been a complete system outage.

The engineer has fixed it and I am back for this evenings game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I pirate that $h1t now, because I'm so annoyed with the NFL and them not letting me have a legitimate means to pay for seeing ALL Seahawks games. Sunday Ticket + cable, YouTube TV, etc. still results in at least one game not being viewable. A couple years ago, Seahawks @ Rams was blacked out for me. Living in ****ing Miami.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I pirate that $h1t now, because I'm so annoyed with the NFL and them not letting me have a legitimate means to pay for seeing ALL Seahawks games. Sunday Ticket + cable, YouTube TV, etc. still results in at least one game not being viewable. A couple years ago, Seahawks @ Rams was blacked out for me. Living in ****ing Miami.
Are you in Miami or in Kissimmee as your profile says? This newer FloridaHawk guy lists his location as Orlando, which is where I am now. Central Florida Seahawkers?

fenderbender123

Reaction score

Piracy is the only recourse people have to pressure the league and networks to FIX THEIR DAMN SHIT that people pay good money for. It's absolutely ridiculous that individuals and businesses shell out as much money as they do for cable TV and Sunday Ticket, and then be unable to watch a significant handful of games every year.

Somehow, the people who run these bootleg streaming sites are able to stream EVERY SINGLE GAME for their viewers. It can't be that hard!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Are you in Miami or in Kissimmee as your profile says? This newer FloridaHawk guy lists his location as Orlando, which is where I am now. Central Florida Seahawkers?
I was in North Miami Beach, right now I'm in Kissimmee, and in a few months I will be returning to the South Florida / greater Miami region, which will be my permanent location. I wanted to try living close to the theme parks to see if I might want to long-term, but now I know I don't. :)