Which is better?

Which 1-1 scenario do you prefer and why?

• Eek out a W against the Rams, Get the L in todays OT battle with Lions

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Critical meltdown in L against the Rams, W in todays OT battle with Lions

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Okay so I’m aware winning both is best, but as we are 1-1 if given the option before seasons start what would you take and why?

Not a lot of people were super confident in a W today after last weeks effort but I’m not sure how boosted that would have been if we’d only just beaten the Rams. So 1-1 seems fair either way.

I’d take it as it’s come, even though the loss to LA was bad being able to out duel a better Detroit team after a loss like that shows great resolve from the group and certainly points them in a more favourable direction, you do miss out on a division W however.

BASF

Reaction score
So many posts regarding our loss last week. So few of them mentioned what I believe was the actual problem: too many of our players believed that we could show up and beat the Rams without maximum effort. That kind of loss has a good effect if the team has the right character. Almost every Carroll led team has had it. We found out yesterday that this seasons team does.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Division, take care of the division first. We failed to do that week one against the rams.

Winning the division should always be a priority. Now we’ll have to hope we can split it with the Rams when or IF it matters and comes down to it.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong winning yesterday was great, any W in the NFL is great. And after the week 1 sh$$ show I think it put some confidence that was lacking back into the team.

Last edited:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
If we're literally going off of the description in the poll, I would much rather lose to the Lions in OT than the embarrassing loss to the Rams last week.

keasley45

Reaction score
So many posts regarding our loss last week. So few of them mentioned what I believe was the actual problem: too many of our players believed that we could show up and beat the Rams without maximum effort. That kind of loss has a good effect if the team has the right character. Almost every Carroll led team has had it. We found out yesterday that this seasons team does.
This x1000. Our guys showed up last week and thought their fire and hype could carry them. They brought that, but forgot their lunchpails.

Just goes to show that on any given Sunday, the team that is optimally prepared can win. And one that is on paper, superior, can have their pants handed to them.

The fact that our unit is talented, but inexperienced was the ideal recipe for a guy like Mcvay. He knew exactly where the confusion would be in our secondary and took advantage of it.

But the more our guys see, even in getting exploited, the better they will be.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It will be very interesting to see how this defense looks around mid-October. It is maddening that it seems to take a month plus for the defense to gel over the years. But, I suspect we will continue to see improvement. Plenty of work to be done, but they did make some big plays yesterday. Even if they got shredded on a lot of drives. Still forced 3 turnovers, had two 4th down stops and didn't allow Detroit to score a winning td.

seabowl

Reaction score
If you watched any of the celebration going on in the locker room after the game, you would 100% vote for a win yesterday and a loss in game one.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They rallied together as a team, as a family and took care of business. They got something done yesterday, and it's going to pay dividends in the end, imo.

sutz

Reaction score
Kind of a false dichotomy in a few ways, but if forced to choose of the two options given, it's better to beat a division foe than a non when tie breakers roll around. So in that light we made the wrong "choice" of which game to win.

I'm not big on hypotheticals, though. Reality is what matters.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
We as fans would've been rationally justified if what we believed to be true was but it seems better to actually lose the opener against FTR's
I think the fo will be more prepared next time and we got the early wake up call , now if it can carry over , well that's the question
Can they play with that intensity and desire to win game after game
I'm guessing some of the players listened to the rams gonna suck hype and maybe coaches too and we all know how tough it can be to avoid a loss when against all odds life throws out a curve ball

nwHawk

Reaction score
Game 1 is never an indicator of how a team is going to finish the season. While I hate losing to the Rams, it’s an important lesson to the young players. Never quit and buy into what the coaches preach.

Two top tackles go down game one, don’t start a polity party, nut up and get it done. DK and the starting center Brown go out game two (but later come back) and the team continues to fight.

Game one and game two had different responses to injuries, which is a big lesson learned.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
It is indeed a false dichotomy.

That said, I'd rather have the win against the Lions because of tiebreakers. With the Rams, we have one more try against them.