Golden Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.

misfit

Reaction score
NFL network was reporting Tate is probably gone and should get 7 million per year.

OP
OP
Dtowers

Dtowers

Reaction score
Good for Tate if he can get it. Just don't think that Seattle will be anywhere near that number.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
misfit":2lq4jixh said:
NFL network was reporting Tate is probably gone and should get 7 million per year.

That's crazy, and most outlets said that Bennett was gonna get over 10M.

We now live in the world of Twitter, where it doesn't matter if you're accurate, you just have to be first.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised really. Bad GM'S overpay, and I am sure this will happen. I will miss Tate if he leaves, and if follows the money he will be.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Well if Tate leaves, that is just another $5 million to put into a Sherman or Earl Thomas extension.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tis the lying season. If they're reporting 7, it's probably closer to 4-5. If they're reporting he's leaving, that really doesn't mean anything.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
There are indications that the Panthers will cut Steve Smith. If they do so I bet they come after Tate. He is a young Steve Smith.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3fyjx3bw said:
There are indications that the Panthers will cut Steve Smith. If they do so I bet they come after Tate. He is a young Steve Smith.

I love Golden, but he's not the quality of Steve Smith, especially a younger Steve Smith.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I really want golden back, but I just have a feeling it isn't gonna happen as another team is gonna throw a ton of money at him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Speaking of Smith, he'd be a good cheap FA pickup if we can get him for 1-2M a year. Dude would work like a dog in this offense, and be a good versatile dependable veteran to have.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
If we lose Golden, I hope we go after Veldheer and then get a WR in the draft or possibly get Sidney back or one of the other FA WR's for the low.

OP
OP
Dtowers

Dtowers

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":118s9j7m said:
Speaking of Smith, he'd be a good cheap FA pickup if we can get him for 1-2M a year. Dude would work like a dog in this offense, and be a good versatile dependable veteran to have.

No.

BamKam

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2tptr28i said:
Funny how Bennett says he's not Costco and wants to get his money and Tate says he will give Seattle a hometown discount. Well no that I have seen Bennett sign for less than expected and give Seattle the "hometown discount" I think they were both playing a game.

Bennett really wanted to stay here so he had to artificially inflate $ figure with the Seahawks by voicing his desireto take the money, full well knowing if the Hawks gave him a good offer he'd take it.

Tate say's he will take a discount but really he's saying that so other teams come at him with more $ to get him, thus atrificailly driving up his market for outside teams.

Am I crazy or does this seem logical to anyone else. I found it odd that a player openly voice that he'd take less money to stick around and wondered if he was trying some type of reverse psychology type stuff.

Why are people blowing Golden's interview way out of proportion? It was a couple days after he won the Super Bowl so emotions were high and he was ASKED in the interview if he was willing to do that so he was put on the spot.

Judging by some of the posts in this thread I would have thought Tate would have gone out of his way in the interview and go "Look before we start I just want to say I love the Seahawks and will take less money to stay here because I love it so much!!". The guy said he would take a little less to still win games but he also made sure to say he has to look after his best interests.

I don't know why some Seahawk fans feel like GT owes the team something, like taking possibly 2-3 million less a year to stay. I am sure a lot of people here have been in the situation where someone else waved an extra 2-3 million in their face right?

Whatever happens to Tate I wish him the best. He might have earned more than we can give him and whatever team he goes (IF he goes to another team) to he will make a big impact, praying it isn't in the NFC West.

drdiags

Reaction score
Looking at the latest NFL cap numbers based on the signing of M Bennett, the Seahawks are down to @$3.5M on the cap. Some restructures or cuts would need to happen I am assuming before Tate could sign an offer from the Seahawks.

I am conflicted on Tate. He embodies the brash, tough, scrappy attitude the current Seahawks are all about. He started when things were bleak talent-wise and attitude-wise. He is a dangerous player with more upside available. The Harvin signing put the hand-writing on the wall that it looked like Tate wasn't coming back. Even with the expected release of Rice. I am usually wrong, but I see no way the team can sign Tate back at a cost both sides would be satisfied with. We will see in a few hours.

plyka

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":hc40vk1d said:
misfit":hc40vk1d said:

That's crazy, and most outlets said that Bennett was gonna get over 10M.

We now live in the world of Twitter, where it doesn't matter if you're accurate, you just have to be first.

If this were to happen, I would be absolutely amazed. It's not going to happen. It's most likely a leak by his agent attempting to influence the market.

If it does happen, it'll be one of those back loaded contracts that never come to fruition. The ones that are "really" just 5m per year due to the way the contract is structured, ie. 10 and 12 mil coming in his last 2 years which will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.