Golden Tate on KJ Wright's podcast

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Its not about the possession. Its about the blatant push off.
If I remember right after they both landed-Who had the ball?GT ripped it to himself correct?
Easy call there..
Also the pushes..Every hail mary I see,the players are all bumping,pushing and falling on each
other before the ball gets there.
I don't think I've ever seen a PI or holding called on one..There is another-You always see some
holding going on.
It's always a free for all scrum in the air.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If I remember right after they both landed-Who had the ball?GT ripped it to himself correct?
Easy call there..
Also the pushes..Every hail mary I see,the players are all bumping,pushing and falling on each
I don't think I've ever seen a PI or holding called on one..There is another-You always see some
holding going on.
Kudo's Indy ^^ This guy absolutely gets it ^^

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Easy call there..
holding going on.

If you say so. I've never seen one that blatant before.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Its not about the possession. Its about the blatant push off.
The push off is a complete non-issue. It's never called in that scenario, last play with a bunch of guys all massing under a ball thrown to the endzone.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If you say so. I've never seen one that blatant before.
Why, maybe because it doesn't fit with your argument?, dude, there's no need to question his integrity & to deny that he's telling the truth....Just like the SNIVELING Packers fans who didn't have (then or now) a leg to stand on with that particular play, and were hunky-dory with all the 'No Calls' & 'Bad Calls' that went in their favor for the previous 59 minutes.
Like it or not, Karma doesn't play favorites.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on Scutter. Most of us like Golden Tate, and that play was awesome. But, it was a blatant push off. To the point of laughing every time I see it. Doesn't mean it wasn't cool, esp. how it sent Erin and the Pack home with a big L.
Plus, like Wolv said, it's rarely called anyway. Doesn't matter, Hawks win, Pack Lose.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Come on Scutter. Most of us like Golden Tate, and that play was awesome. But, it was a blatant push off. To the point of laughing every time I see it. Doesn't mean it wasn't cool, esp. how it sent Erin and the Pack home with a big L.
Plus, like Wolv said, it's rarely called anyway. Doesn't matter, Hawks win, Pack Lose.

Yep. Doesnt matter anyways. Happened a long time ago and i'm not that invested in it. Only point I was making was that if the roles were reversed, Seahawk fans would still be crying about it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Probably right. I loved the call, but I can see both sides of it. We've been shafted countless times over the years, so I don't even feel 1 percent bad when it goes our way for once. The Hawks lost a pre-determined Super Bowl. Period.
That game is small peanuts compared to 40. And yes, if it was a game at GB, and they gave the Pack that TD, absolutely I'd be pissed off. That's how sports works.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
There hasn't been a single such flag on a Hail Mary pass since at least 2009, largely because the NFL does not want a game decided on a penalty.

https://www.secsports.com/article/27951311/the-evolution-hail-mary-perfect-throw-how-defend-it#:~:text=That coaching point carries an,game decided on a penalty.

It's pointless to use OPI/DPI as an argument for why a last second play should've been negated, it's been the NFL norm for over a decade. Those that want to continue to complain about it (fudgepackers) and use it as an excuse for why their team should've won are living in a fantasy world and should be mocked mercilessly.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Meh, it was a very long time ago. We won, they lost. All that matters.
LOLOLOL So, after all's said & done, your take on that particular play is "All That Matters"? LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Sorry young man, everybody has a DIFFERENT TAKE on that matter.
I ain't always right, but I ain't always wrong neither.