Golden Tate on KJ Wright's podcast

Torc

Reaction score
Posting this here since 95% of what they talk about is Seahawks related.

This is a great interview. They even ask him explicitly about the circumstances around his departure from Seattle and the rumors regarding Me3's wife. Some good talk about the so called "Fail Mary" too. :)

OP
OP
T

Torc

Reaction score
I enjoy how KJ approached the Russell thing, and how he’s got a lot of
Calls to make and apologize/explaining to do.
I had the same reaction. I've never heard a player talk about another player that way. Seems like the bridges may not be burned entirely, but might take some work to repair.

rcaido

Reaction score
Cant wait to watch this...I love Golden Tate. It was such a huge mistake picking him over Harvin. Also to low ball him, despite willing to give hometown discount. Even after he sign w/ Detroit he had a lot of love for Seattle. We probably win another Super Bowl if we kept him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I love how Tate said he doesn't understand why that catch was called "Fail Mary"
he said because "I caught that ball"..Damn straight he did!
I can't tell you how many arguments I had with Packer fans over it.
They refuse to believe the facts or understand the rule on that catch.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love how Tate said he doesn't understand why that catch was called "Fail Mary"
he said because "I caught that ball"..Damn straight he did!
I can't tell you how many arguments I had with Packer fans over it.
They refuse to believe the facts or understand the rule on that catch.

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!!!

I remember saving the game and showing many doubters the play in slo-mo from different angles and it was CLEAR he ultimately came down with the ball AND the tie goes to the receiver!!

My disdain and dislike of the Packers grew a trillion fold after that game and their bitch-ass fans whined for days and weeks after as if it was the play that lost them the Super Bowl.

Dumbos.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan

I remember saving the game and showing many doubters the play in slo-mo from different angles and it was CLEAR he ultimately came down with the ball AND the tie goes to the receiver!!

My disdain and dislike of the Packers grew a trillion fold after that game and their bitch-ass fans whined for days and weeks after as if it was the play that lost them the Super Bowl.

Dumbos.
Well, if it DID cost them the Super Bowl that makes it even better yet! We never should have let Tate go.

OP
OP
T

Torc

Reaction score

Dumbos.
I think the biggest point of this is missed entirely. Two officials made calls on that - one called it a TD and one an interception. If you look at the replay, the official who called it an interception was standing at the back of the end zone. Tate and the defender's body were 100% blocking his view. He had no business making any call at all. The official who called it a TD was standing in a position to actually be watching the two players fighting for the ball. The head ref listened to both of their calls and went with the only one who had any ability to watch the play. As Tate says in the interview - a tie always goes to the offensive player and I don't see how you can in real time make any call other than simultaneous possession. IE, TD for Tate. Based on what the officials saw on the field, the right call was made on the field.

You can argue about the offensive interference - yes, Tate definitely pushed a defender and yes, they generally let a hail mary play out.

This all comes down to Jon Gruden bad mouthing the call during the broadcast. If he hadn't been so adamant in dissing the replacement refs on the call, the controversy never happens.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I think the biggest point of this is missed entirely. Two officials made calls on that - one called it a TD and one an interception. If you look at the replay, the official who called it an interception was standing at the back of the end zone. Tate and the defender's body were 100% blocking his view. He had no business making any call at all. The official who called it a TD was standing in a position to actually be watching the two players fighting for the ball. The head ref listened to both of their calls and went with the only one who had any ability to watch the play. As Tate says in the interview - a tie always goes to the offensive player and I don't see how you can in real time make any call other than simultaneous possession. IE, TD for Tate. Based on what the officials saw on the field, the right call was made on the field.

You can argue about the offensive interference - yes, Tate definitely pushed a defender and yes, they generally let a hail mary play out.

This all comes down to Jon Gruden bad mouthing the call during the broadcast. If he hadn't been so adamant in dissing the replacement refs on the call, the controversy never happens.
They fail to mention that the replacement refs were hosing the Seahawks the entire second half. The game shouldn't have been close. AR and the Puckers were gifted a lot of opportunities on very bad calls.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The Fail Mary was questionable at best. Glad Seattle got the call, but I can see both sides. If the roles we're reversed, I doubt there would be one person on here defending the other side.

morgulon1

Reaction score
All these years I thought Golden Tate patty caked Mrs Unlimited.

The fact that russet wouldn't say anything publicly exonerating his friend
tells me what I thought all along.

Wilson is a fake ass cringe douche POS that wished he was cool but isn't.

I hope he throws 20+ interceptions

toffee

Reaction score

I am feeling the same way.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Here’s a FACT:

KJ and his podcast has been some of the BEST Seahawk related information available to fans in a very long time.

I’ve listened to a bunch of it, and unless someone is willing to call players liars there has been several truth bombs dropped.

I fully plan on going back to listen to every minute available (as I have the time)

BASF

Reaction score

Knowing what we know now how Team3 is employed, I would guess that they started the rumors so Wilson had a premise for divorcing her and beginning his empire with a "star"

chrispy

Reaction score
I always half-way disliked GT. Great player on the field, but seemed like a complete bonehead off the field. Accepting responsibility for his mistakes and acting like a real human being is almost unique in pro athlete's interviews. Respect to GT for A)resisting the urge to negatively represent ex-teammates (when it's obvious he has that right), B)owning his mistakes made as a young man in Seattle and C)embracing his role as a Dad and family man without being embarrassed of being labeled Mr Mom. He really changed my perspective. I like grown-up GT.

...and yet another unexemplary RCW tale...