Golden Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dtowers":2t07a9rq said:
Sgt. Largent":2t07a9rq said:
Speaking of Smith, he'd be a good cheap FA pickup if we can get him for 1-2M a year. Dude would work like a dog in this offense, and be a good versatile dependable veteran to have.

No.

Your counter argument is compelling. I have no choice but to reconsider under the weight of your myriad of reasons to not sign Smith.

CEHawk

Reaction score
Golden Tate has said in many interviews over the last year that he wants to play in Seattle for the rest of his career. Anyone thinking he won't give extra consideration to a lower contract in Seattle has not been following him very closely. It's not a matter of owing anyone anything, it's that this is a great place to play with the best fan base and we are winning games. That is worth money to players. As we found out with Bennet, those factors and guaranteed money meant the most to him. I think that is the same with many of our players and fully expect to see Seattle set a new trend in player retention.

Jville

Reaction score
drdiags":3vkwepdt said:
Looking at the latest NFL cap numbers based on the signing of M Bennett, the Seahawks are down to @$3.5M on the cap.

I have yet to see a breakout of Bennett's contract. Specifically signing bonus and guaranteed salary. I am assuming the actual cap space has yet to be disclosed.

Barthawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":36l8bqsk said:
Using this link and making a giant leap of conjecture
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...calculating-2014-nfl-free-agent-target-prices

Johnson was 5/60m actually got 5/43m.

Tate is 5/35m so he should get 5/25m.

There will be deals that make us all go "huh?!"

Griffen in MIN, 5yr, 42.5m

Dansby in CLE- 4/24m, 14M guaranteed with 10M in year one.. he is 33 BTW and plays ILB.. not a position that gets better with age.. easily the dumbest contract that is being reported right now.

Good for us, AZ defense loses a key leader..

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Why Golden Tate might get $7m/year with another team:

tate_yac_per_rec.png

He was #1 in the league for yards after the catch per reception. Y'all haters need to stop hatin'.

Seaswab

Reaction score
imagine if he learned to run forward what those stats would be

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Oh, let's not forget who led the league in missed tackles forced despite only having 64 receptions, too. (He also was covered by the #1 corner half the year after Sidney went down.)

tate_missed_tackles_forced.png

However, yeah, let's not offer him more than $5m/year at the most. :roll:

Guys, we need to admit as a group of fans that Tate is worth more than $5m/year. We may not give it to him, but the dude is cash money as a receiver. If he saw 160 targets/year from Brady, he'd be an instant household name.

drdiags

Reaction score
Jville":1cv7c13d said:
drdiags":1cv7c13d said:
Looking at the latest NFL cap numbers based on the signing of M Bennett, the Seahawks are down to @$3.5M on the cap.

I have yet to see a breakout of Bennett's contract. Specifically signing bonus and guaranteed salary. I am assuming the actual cap space has yet to be disclosed.

EDIT: Not sure how up to date NFL.com is though, since they probably are way behind, so you correct. Who knows what the real cap is currently. It is all fluid

Here is what I saw:

Attachments

• cap_03112014.png
    cap_03112014.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 992
OP
OP
Dtowers

Dtowers

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":34gktn90 said:
Why Golden Tate might get $7m/year with another team:

tate_yac_per_rec.png

He was #1 in the league for yards after the catch per reception. Y'all haters need to stop hatin'.

It isn't hating to think Tate isn't worth 7m to the Hawks.

Jville

Reaction score
drdiags":1rlb81az said:
Jville":1rlb81az said:
drdiags":1rlb81az said:

EDIT: Not sure how up to date NFL.com is though, since they probably are way behind, so you correct. Who knows what the real cap is currently. It is all fluid

Here is what I saw:

Thanks for posting. Had not seen that.

Jville

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2xl4a94g said:
Oh, let's not forget who led the league in missed tackles forced despite only having 64 receptions, too. (He also was covered by the #1 corner half the year after Sidney went down.)

tate_missed_tackles_forced.png

However, yeah, let's not offer him more than $5m/year at the most. :roll:

Guys, we need to admit as a group of fans that Tate is worth more than $5m/year. We may not give it to him, but the dude is cash money as a receiver. If he saw 160 targets/year from Brady, he'd be an instant household name.

LOL ... Roland ... Your driving me nuts! >>>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91114[/urltargetblank]

drdiags

Reaction score
Jville":21jp1vgn said:

One of the few good things I get for using twitter. The down side is when everybody and their mothers re-tweet the same thing. That and following Dunceface (ha ha, j/k Dunceface).

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Tate is a wonderful player and I'll actually miss his punt return play more than anything, but I have always maintained that I'd rather have Baldwin over Tate and it didn't seem like we could keep both at any point. Tate makes great catches too (see last year's ATL game), but I feel really comfortable saying that Baldwin will soon be the the finest slot receiver in the league and that is the type of player that teams need when the chips are down and someone has to get open and make a clutch catch.

Tate is so good, though. It will suck to lose him.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jville":dys69tr1 said:
LOL ... Roland ... Your driving me nuts! >>>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91114[/urltargetblank]
Neither of the things I linked are PFF GRADES!

YOU are the one driving me nuts, now. The two things I posted are FACTUAL pieces of information. Like snap counts. There is no interpretation or massaging of the data. They're like snap counts in that every outlet in the world arrives at the same figures. Geez, dude. You need to distinguish the difference between these two things.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seaswab":31mm9wxq said:
imagine if he learned to run forward what those stats would be
he said he hates getting tackled. He's so good after the catch because he has the quick reflexes to avoid the contact or at least bounce off of it. Sometimes that means running back and forth. I'll take the good with the very few bad I've seen from him

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Aaah, that new fad, to tell someone they are a "hater" if they don't agree with something like overpaying for a guy.
Never gets old........ugh

As far as Steve Smith, I can't stand the guy, but he is one hell of a football player. Bring it on.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I don't want to lose either, but I agree. I really would like to keep Baldwin. Not only for the great catches he's made, but because he seems so damn consistent. Not to diminish Tate -- he's great too, and I hope we can keep him.

Jville

Reaction score
drdiags":1hekfnm4 said:
Jville":1hekfnm4 said:

One of the few good things I get for using twitter. The down side is when everybody and their mothers re-tweet the same thing. That and following Dunceface (ha ha, j/k Dunceface).

Update: As of this moment, Over the Cap, does not have the the contract specifics to update current cap space for the Seattle Seahawks.

Edit: Looks to me like someone just arbitrarily subtracted Bennett's $10 mil 1st year guarantee from the cap number prior to Bennett's signing. I don't think we know the current number yet.

jhern87

Reaction score
This is a good "wait and see" situation..

Our coaches and front office know what kind of players they need to run their system. If they let Tate go it just tells me that they feel they can get similar production out of either someone else on the roster or a cheaper option in free-agency or the draft. Just sit back and trust that our front office knows what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts