Golden Tate on KJ Wright's podcast

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
All these years I thought Golden Tate patty caked Mrs Unlimited.

The fact that russet wouldn't say anything publicly exonerating his friend
tells me what I thought all along.

Wilson is a fake ass cringe douche POS that wished he was cool but isn't.

I hope he throws 20+ interceptions
To use an old David Letterman Quote:

"You have crystalized my thoughts, eloquently."

And that's the first time I've heard the term "Patty Caked" - Ha! That's funny.

Douche Douche Douche Douche. I wish DK and Tyler would break up the Russ-bromance. F'ing enough already.

I'll see your 20 - and raise you to 40 interceptions. Coach ain't gonna fix this one ;)

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Lulz, what a pathetic outlook on life you seem to have. When talking about one of the biggest controversial regular season calls of all time, you still make yourself out to be the victims. I don't know how you manage to exist in society.
"Lulz" Lots-o P-O, all during that game, did you even watch the damned thing?, but all said & done, I had ZERO problem with how the game ended, sounds like you & a couple others got yer skivvies in a bunch because Golden Tate muscled a couple of Pack-Defenders the hell out of his way to make that GAME WINNING CATCH->"Lulz" Been a long time, you'd think you'd have finally gotten over it. lol I guess it's still eatin' at y'all.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Beautiful post my brotha.

I wonder if the low ball offer was a passive aggressive form of forcing him to leave ? Even Angry Doug spoke about the Seahawks bringing in Harvin and then paying him . I like Schneider but I have to agree that was not his best move.
That "Passive Aggressive" gig is one angle that I'd never thought of, and entirely possible.
Maybe Schneider/Carroll believed that the affair did indeed happen, and thus the ridiculously Lowball Offer that would come across as a slap in the face to GT.
'Headcase Harvin' was yet another "Poison Pill" that the Vike's unloaded on the Seahawks....I hope that if John Schneider has anymore dealings with those Hon-yawks that he remembers to wear protection.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Saw it live and saw it a million times after. What are you trying to point out? The possession isnt in question as the ball was wrestled away from the defender. Its the push off that cant be defended.
NOPE, it was simultaneous Possession, and Tate refused to let the ball be taken away from his grasp, the Ref saw that he'd held on, all the way to the ground, and at which time, the play/game was over.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
NOPE, it was simultaneous Possession, and Tate refused to let the ball be taken away from his grasp, the Ref saw that he'd held on, all the way to the ground, and at which time, the play/game was over.

What are you talking about with NOPE? Did I not say that the possession wasnt being argued? It was the push off that was obvious. If it was a Packer receiver that did that to the Seahawks defense, you and everybody else around here would still be having a stroke about it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Yeah, ya know, theres a book called "Reading Comprehension", may I suggest that you & Pitts read the sombiotch?
BOTH YOU GUYS like to rag on people who disagree with y'all, and I for one don't give a sh*t if you like or understand my perceptions or not...You can either get over it, or you can dwell on it until you get ulcers, either way, I--DON'T--CARE.
Aren't you doing the same thing that you are calling them out for? Ragging on them for a differing opinion. The irony or hypocrisy (in this case).

JPatera76

Reaction score
Keep the thread on topic and enough with the attacks. This isn’t the shack.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aren't you doing the same thing that you are calling them out for? Ragging on them for a differing opinion. The irony or hypocrisy (in this case).
No, they like being/using caustic, so I give them what they want/dish out.
And I am doing my best to keep the discussion on topic, it's just that when you have as many differing philosophies in one forum, personalities get tangled up with disagreements, and snipes get answered in like.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Beautiful post my brotha.

I wonder if the low ball offer was a passive aggressive form of forcing him to leave ? Even Angry Doug spoke about the Seahawks bringing in Harvin and then paying him . I like Schneider but I have to agree that was not his best move.
The whole 'affair' thing was full of contradictories.

It didn't happen: Russ and Golden were close friends, they double dated, and Russ celebrated his birthday at home of Golden's future in-laws. If the affair didn't happen, why would Russ wanted to get rid of his best friend on the team?

It didn't happen: BUT Russ thought that it happened?

It didn't happen: BUT Tate pissed off Russ somehow, so the 'affair' was an excuse to get Tate traded.

It did happen: Tate and Russ' ex had an affair, and yet Tate's wife is still good friends with Russ's ex? Really?

It did happen: BUT all four were in it together. umm, but why would Russ be bitter and wanted Tate out?

Last edited:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Not remembering the timeline exactly but didn't the rumour leak after Tate had already signed with Detroit? And all the rumour stuff aside, with the money paid to Harvin and other contracts that were going to come up in the next 2 years for other stars on the team wasn't there even talk going into free agency on whether the Hawks could afford to sign Tate to a second contract?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Not remembering the timeline exactly but didn't the rumour leak after Tate had already signed with Detroit? And all the rumour stuff aside, with the money paid to Harvin and other contracts that were going to come up in the next 2 years for other stars on the team wasn't there even talk going into free agency on whether the Hawks could afford to sign Tate to a second contract?
I think the Seahawks bringing in Harvin and paying Harvin big money after the work Baldwin and Tate put in was a bad message . Then the fact Harvin was a bust was hilarious. (Not really).Didn't Seattle give up some draft capital as well?

Seattle could've kept the super bowl team 100% intact. Tate , Giacomini and their draft picks. Minnesota cooked us AGAIN!!

I thought the rumors came out around the super bowl HawkRider.

rcaido

Reaction score
Yeah the rumors was after the trade. I remember when he signed he went to a Seattle radio station saying he wanted to stay. Nothing about rumor Wilson's wife affair was brought up at the time. it was all about the low ball offer and how much he love playing for Seattle.

I think when Wilson filed for divorce is when the rumors started happening which was a couple months later. People made up false narrative of Harvin was defending Wilson punching Tate because of it. In reality it was Harvin was mad at Tate from his response to Harvin being back on the team just in time for the Superbowl.

I think the Seahawks bringing in Harvin and paying Harvin big money after the work Baldwin and Tate put in was a bad message .
Then the fact Harvin was a bust was hilarious. (Not really).Didn't Seattle give up some draft capital as well?
Seattle could've kept the super bowl team 100% intact. Tate , Giacomini and their draft picks. Minnesota cooked us AGAIN!!

I thought the rumors came out around the super bowl HawkRider.
Yup they gave up a 1st round pick and Vikings picked up Xavier Rhodes. These were the available receivers/TE. Hopkins, Patterson, Woods, Keenan Allen, Ertz, Eifrit, Kelce, & Reed. Other notable players we could have picked up, Fredriecks, Darius Slay, Kwann Short, Kiko Alanso, Laveon Bell, Jamie Collins, Eddie Lacy, Warford, Mathieu, Armstead...Such a good draft. Just the thought of Rhodes or Slay w/ Sherman as our Corners...What about all those awesome TE.

So many what if....Still im not upset we got Harvin. I think his energy coming back for the Superbowl was electric and his return TD pretty much sealed any kind possible comeback.

morgulon1

Reaction score
So many what if....Still im not upset we got Harvin. I think his energy coming back for the Superbowl was electric and his return TD pretty much sealed any kind possible comeback.
For that one reason in the Superbowl I can get behind. Even though Seattle was kicking Denver's ass , I was still concerned haha. A lifetime of Seahawk fandom will do that to a person.

Seattle paid a first round pick , 60 MM for one regular season game and the Superbowl,at the cost of upsetting the team.

bileever

Reaction score
For that one reason in the Superbowl I can get behind. Even though Seattle was kicking Denver's ass , I was still concerned haha. A lifetime of Seahawk fandom will do that to a person.

Seattle paid a first round pick , 60 MM for one regular season game and the Superbowl,at the cost of upsetting the team.
Yeah, I don't know which trade was worse, the Jimmy Graham or the Percy Harvin one. We actually gave the Vikings a first, a third and a seventh round pick for Harvin. Not only was the first Xavier Rhodes but the third ended up being Jerrick McKinnon. And we ended up paying him a ton. And in 2013, Harvin ended up playing in one game and having one catch. The kick return in the Super Bowl was a thing of beauty, but yes, totally not worth it. Harvin was already past his prime and a cancer in the locker room. To top it off, we traded him the next year to the Jets for spare change.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
The Fail Mary was questionable at best. Glad Seattle got the call, but I can see both sides. If the roles we're reversed, I doubt there would be one person on here defending the other side.
I understand why fudgepacker fans were butt hurt, they feel Jennings picked it clean and he almost did. He had both hands on the ball in the air but GT had his left hand solidly on that ball too. By the time they hit the ground GT was able to get his right hand on it as well and that's all he needed to do to invoke the tie rule. Case closed. No questionable about it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I understand why fudgepacker fans were butt hurt, they feel Jennings picked it clean and he almost did. He had both hands on the ball in the air but GT had his left hand solidly on that ball too. By the time they hit the ground GT was able to get his right hand on it as well and that's all he needed to do to invoke the tie rule. Case closed. No questionable about it.

Its not about the possession. Its about the blatant push off.