Golden Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tate had close to 900 yards receiving on a team that ranked 31st in passing. I can only imagine him on another team that throws a lot. He would light it up. Same with Baldwin. Tate seems to be highly underrated on these boards.

drdiags

Reaction score
chris98251":1sqbzp4s said:
You mean like the source saying Bennett was going to get 10 million. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

That is what I was thinking. Guy creates an article based on how he did business when he was an agent (ex-agent mind you) and Jason La Confora points to the CBS article, next thing you know we are hearing that Tate wants 5 yrs/$35M, half in guarantees which matches the article to the tee. We will see in a day or so how close this guy's guess was.

Until then, I treat it like the Bennett wants $10M/yr rumors.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3rizpr6c said:
Uh oh.

‏@ShowtimeTate
Things are starting to heat up
9:07 PM - 10 Mar 2014 from Manhattan Beach, CA

Hope he's not talking about the weather.

chris98251

Reaction score
Remember he has not been a FA before, so calls coming in and asking questions can be heating up.

gadgor

Reaction score
Well it is 60 degrees F there so he is talking about the weather.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1sinmt3l said:
RolandDeschain":1sinmt3l said:
Uh oh.

‏@ShowtimeTate

Considering any team can talk to him right now (since they opened that 3 day tampering window), I'm not sure this is good news.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Funny how Bennett says he's not Costco and wants to get his money and Tate says he will give Seattle a hometown discount. Well no that I have seen Bennett sign for less than expected and give Seattle the "hometown discount" I think they were both playing a game.

Bennett really wanted to stay here so he had to artificially inflate $ figure with the Seahawks by voicing his desireto take the money, full well knowing if the Hawks gave him a good offer he'd take it.

Tate say's he will take a discount but really he's saying that so other teams come at him with more $ to get him, thus atrificailly driving up his market for outside teams.

Am I crazy or does this seem logical to anyone else. I found it odd that a player openly voice that he'd take less money to stick around and wondered if he was trying some type of reverse psychology type stuff.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3lsxti0j said:
dontbelikethat":3lsxti0j said:
RolandDeschain":3lsxti0j said:
Uh oh.

‏@ShowtimeTate

Considering any team can talk to him right now (since they opened that 3 day tampering window), I'm not sure this is good news.

Yeah, it doesn't necessarily mean it's good or bad, but a faster decision allows allows the team to focus on other priorities. And having new news is always fun.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Wenhawk":svfz8ww0 said:
Funny how Bennett says he's not Costco and wants to get his money and Tate says he will give Seattle a hometown discount. Well no that I have seen Bennett sign for less than expected and give Seattle the "hometown discount" I think they were both playing a game.

Bennett really wanted to stay here so he had to artificially inflate $ figure with the Seahawks by voicing his desireto take the money, full well knowing if the Hawks gave him a good offer he'd take it.

Tate say's he will take a discount but really he's saying that so other teams come at him with more $ to get him, thus atrificailly driving up his market for outside teams.

Am I crazy or does this seem logical to anyone else. I found it odd that a player openly voice that he'd take less money to stick around and wondered if he was trying some type of reverse psychology type stuff.

So far we have nothing more than pure speculation to go on. No one can even say for sure the Hawks have offered him a contract. There's nothing to indicate anything is going on other than business as usual, if at all from VMAC.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1l0y5nku said:

Probably over thinking it. Bennett was cornered into what he said by the media, although he's always had a big mouth.

I don't think Tate wants to leave RW, after all RW's rise led to Tate's increase in productivity, not to mention best friends.

Pretty sure they were both sincere. Bennett sincerely annoyed at stupid questions, Tate sincerely wanting to play with RW.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I do think RW and Tate are good friends but I wonder if Wilson would rather have a bigger target. Think Wil soon is in Schneiders ear trekking him to keep him.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I think RW would like a bigger or at least, faster WR that could separate with regularity. I don't think he wants in on deciding who stays or goes though.

Memphislaw

Reaction score
Please sign this proven veteran. He might not have produced in the playoffs much but he was productive all year and got in the end zone. I can definitely see him breaking 1-2 punts next year as well.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Could be something. Could be nothing. :Dunno:

Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 42m

plyka

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1v30yq2d said:

I had the thought regarding TAte but not Bennett. I thought Tate just wanted to get on the fans "good side" so he made the "slightly lower" remark. Of course there is nothing holding him to that comment so it really doesn't matter what he says. Then if the Seahawks pick him up he can say he did give them a discount.

All that said, I highly doubt that Tate is coming back. Let's remember that the Hawks offered Bennett a contract BEFORE the 3 day period where other teams could talk to him started, Bennett refused it until today. With Tate, there was no contract offered. I really don't think that the Hawks are coming after him, because they believe Tate will be 4-6m, and he is too similar to the other WRs on this team: Baldwin, Percy, Kearse. This team cannot have those 4 as the WRs. They are great as a group but they are simply too similar. So they are going to open up a WR spot by not resigning Tate. Most likely a WR is picked in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft.

Let me ask you, if you had Kearse/Baldwin/Percy --all between 5'10'' and 6', would you bring Tate back on 5m per year?

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I think Golden is Golden on Tuesday.... Just my thoughts about how things are happening... He wants to be in Seattle, and I think he'll stay in Seattle... The deal will be made... :thirishdrinkers:

jkitsune

Reaction score
plyka":1l0jt0de said:
Wenhawk":1l0jt0de said:

I had the thought regarding TAte but not Bennett. I thought Tate just wanted to get on the fans "good side" so he made the "slightly lower" remark. Of course there is nothing holding him to that comment so it really doesn't matter what he says. Then if the Seahawks pick him up he can say he did give them a discount.

All that said, I highly doubt that Tate is coming back. Let's remember that the Hawks offered Bennett a contract BEFORE the 3 day period where other teams could talk to him started, Bennett refused it until today. With Tate, there was no contract offered. I really don't think that the Hawks are coming after him, because they believe Tate will be 4-6m, and he is too similar to the other WRs on this team: Baldwin, Percy, Kearse. This team cannot have those 4 as the WRs. They are great as a group but they are simply too similar. So they are going to open up a WR spot by not resigning Tate. Most likely a WR is picked in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft.

Let me ask you, if you had Kearse/Baldwin/Percy --all between 5'10'' and 6', would you bring Tate back on 5m per year?

Just curious, but it's my impression that you're essentially opining that all four of these wideouts are extremely similar on the basis that they are approximately the same height and (maybe) run about the same 40. Tate and Percy are the only two of those four that are similar to each other, IMO, and I'm not sure where you're drawing the comparison otherwise.

Yes, I would pay Tate $4-$5m a year. He has been Wilson's favored target, improved every year, and has the ability to be an elite receiver. The only thing preventing him from consistently being over 1,000 yards/year is the fact that this team ranked 31st in passing attempts last year, or he'd be in the 1,200 yard range and people wouldn't hesitate to do it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
In case anybody's unfamiliar w/ team passing stats from 2013:

Attachments

• 2013 passing.png
    2013 passing.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 943

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Wenhawk":17bfxhwp said:

Let's just let this play out before going all Deliverance on us.Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts