Golden Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
McGruff":305d0sd1 said:
Rumor is that Tate is going to get a 5 year deal worth $35 million with half of that guaranteed . . . no mention of which team . . .

lmfao

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
McGruff":16fqryjr said:
Rumor is that Tate is going to get a 5 year deal worth $35 million with half of that guaranteed . . . no mention of which team . . .

If tate gets that all I have to say is congrats and have fun playing on your new team :p

CPHawk

Reaction score
If Tate gets the deal that are rumored, great for him, but lol at the team who pays him that kind of money.

chris98251

Reaction score
McGruff":2hp40d02 said:

Link?

Lady Talon

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/tag/_/name/golden-tate

Tate is probably Seattle's next priority. The Seahawks released receiver Sidney Rice to free up money to try to keep Tate. But Tate believes he can get more than $7 million per year, possibly from the New York Jets. If so, he is probably gone. If the Seahawks can keep him in the $5 million range for four years, he could return.

drdiags

Reaction score
chris98251":36fw4zzq said:
McGruff":36fw4zzq said:

Link?

Besides the one Lady Talon provided, this former agent created his thoughts on what the various players would be asking. Here is that link

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...calculating-2014-nfl-free-agent-target-prices

Wide receiver Golden Tate
Contract package: Five years, $35 Million
Guaranteed money: $17.5 million
First three years: $22.5 million

Tate was Seattle's leading pass catcher in 2013 with 64 receptions and 898 receiving yards. He didn't crack the NFL's top 30 in either category because the Seahawks ranked 31st in pass attempts. Tate fared better with advanced statistics. He had the fifth-best drop rate among wide receivers on catchable balls at 4.48 percent and was second with yards after catch per reception with 7.9 yards in 2013 according to PFF. Robert Meachem signing a four-year, $25.5 million deal ($14 million guaranteed) at the start of the 2012 free agent signing period after a 2011 season with 40 receptions, 620 receiving yards and six touchdowns should be encouraging to Tate.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1sed0wwp said:
Dang Jets. Stay away!

Seriously. :?

Market for WR isn't that strong right now, so it wouldn't be too hard to get a short term replacement. I like Tate though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If Tate gets 7M a year from someone.. he has the best agent in the world.

I love the dude, but there are much more cost affordable options. That'd be a massive overpay.

Atradees

Reaction score
Throwdown":1ftro6ib said:
I want $20 an hour, am I greedy?

Mee too.

I would not pay 5 a year for Tate. We already have Baldwin. Harvin. Kearse. I would try a rook. I do like Tate; he's not that valuable for us.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1y520dly said:
7 mill? What a greedy, money grubbing idiot.

How is it Tate's fault if some team wants to throw that at him? It's not like he forced them to offer it.

I don't always get the anger from fans that is directed only at the player.

Boiler

Reaction score
The CBS article is pretty clear that the numbers are "target prices" that an agent might give a client to shoot for, not at all an indication of what the market actually is. But unfortunatly Twitter doesn't give you enough characters to explain that. Well actually it does, but it's much more fun to say "Golden Tate is about to get paid 35 million by the Jets!" [source tinyURL for CBS article]

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3p8h2lfp said:
-The Glove-":3p8h2lfp said:

How is it Tate's fault if some team wants to throw that at him? It's not like he forced them to offer it.

I don't always get the anger from fans that is directed only at the player.

Because he's going to take it and won't let us sign him for millions cheaper

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2iil3y5x said:
-The Glove-":2iil3y5x said:

These posts. :177692:

Americans love capitalism except in sports, I guess.

He doesn't need all of that money. 4-5 million can buy a whole bunch of Top Pot...what's he need 7 mill for?

chris98251

Reaction score
You mean like the source saying Bennett was going to get 10 million. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts