Geno's cooking is just better

Scout

Reaction score
I think that is too drastic IMO. More likely you see a lineup shake up on D since we are four games in.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Yes they need to fix it up the middle. DT, ILB, FS (Diggs excellent but slowing down, need the jets for single high)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pete and the staff seem to be good with quarterbacks. Noted bust Geno Smith has completely revived his career so far, and again, proves he's a legitimate talent at the spot.

Whoever replaces him, I have faith they'll be brought up well with this staff. I'll hold my tongue on the defense because... whew.

But man... Geno effin' Smith. Playing out of his gourd. The man has earned a million and a half apologies, even if it falls apart later.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I think we can work with our safeties; our young corners will come around; our d line is ok and can improve. We need a lot of linebacker help though. Next draft, ILB and d line for sure.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I said it in a thread in the GameDay chat, but it bears repeating: Geno is reading defenses and commanding the team at the line of scrimmage simply better than Russ ever did, even at his peak, and by an order of magnitude.

Multiple times, over every game this season, he's basically called his play at the line. He's seeing the completions before they happen.

To reiterate what I also said in that other thread: I still don't necessarily buy Geno as a long term 'solution' or anything, but pre-snap and at the LOS, he's playing as well as (or better) than any QB in the entire NFL.

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
Geno looks like an absolute pro. We're starting to get some production out of the interior of the O Line. Penny can still scoot. Lots of pre snap motion. Creative multi-TE packages. DK completely abused Okudah. This is very, very pleasant to watch.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The first 4 picks have to go towards fixing the D. Even having in his prime Brady won’t make this team a contender if we give up a ton of points and yards weekly.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I said it in a thread in the GameDay chat, but it bears repeating: Geno is reading defenses and commanding the team at the line of scrimmage simply better than Russ ever did, even at his peak, and by an order of magnitude.

Multiple times, over every game this season, he's basically called his play at the line. He's seeing the completions before they happen.

To reiterate what I also said in that other thread: I still don't necessarily buy Geno as a long term 'solution' or anything, but pre-snap and at the LOS, he's playing as well as (or better) than any QB in the entire NFL.
Ol' "dumb face Geno" sitting there with his dumb face, as another poster said.

Guess his dumb face was just him reading the defense, like he's shown he can do in abundance

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I mean we went 6 quarters without a single score but this week was good to see. Lions D might be the worst in the NFL though. I do think Geno is playing better at times than I thought him capable.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I mean we went 6 quarters without a single score but this week was good to see. Lions D might be the worst in the NFL though. I do think Geno is playing better at times than I thought him capable.
Yeah, but there was situational reasons for that six quarters, primarily based on our defense, that hurt our opportunity to score. (Limited drives and bad field position). Also, there was some bad luck (DK fumble) and stupid playcalling (trick play for Dallas) that contributed. Little of it was directly the result of poor playing from the QB position.

And we should probably mention that both the Broncos and Niners are contenders for best defense in the entire NFL to this point in the season.

The last two games, against much more marginal defenses, our offense has played as well as any in the entire league and Geno has been as good as any QB. I'm not saying he keeps at it or anything, but he's not just 'outplaying expectations', he's flat out playing great for any QB.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Good Lord