Thoughts on Geno's contract

bigskydoc

Reaction score
When Wilson asked for Oline help, Carroll and company were to busy giving the farm up for safeties and being cute as usual instead of addressing real needs.

Of all the criticisms this is the one that cracks me up the most. During Wilson's tenure, we had a veritable carousel of linemen trying to find a combination that would work with his style. The same carousel that has now started along Denver's line. (10 different starting combinations in 2022 alone)

As soon as we got away from him, we just threw a couple of book end rookies at the tackle positions, and low and behold had our best year from those positions in recent memory. Yes, we need upgrades inside, but I have an inkling it won't take 5 years of trying to improve there.

One thing is for certain. Wilson will have his best line ever (on paper) next season. Let's see how he does with Boles and McGlinchey on the edges, and Meinerz and Powers on the interior. Wouldn't surprise me to see them try to upgrade center in the draft.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Or doing Disney commercials after another Super Bowl win. Guess we'll find out.
😂 Their absolute ceiling is the divisional round, though there is a good chance they don't make the playoffs at all. At least they won't be as bad as last year.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I agree, he should be broadcasting as an analist or be a Judge on America's got Talent in two years.

I love the idea of Wilson being on one of those shows (I've never seen) like America's Got Talent. If he wants to stay around sports, his inability to read defenses would make him fit in really well with a lot of the talking-head mediots. Maybe Wilson could replace one of those morons Skip Braynless and Shannon not-so-Sharpe or be a fill-in on their show when one of them is away. Or he could take over Braynless's old role, getting stomped in debates on ESPN by the also-not-all-that-knowledgeable-or-smart Stephen A-for-@$$hole Smith.

On the other hand, he'd look really bad as a color commentator, a position in which he'd be compared to professionals like Romo and Sanchez, who can tell the viewers about what the defense was doing on a given play. And by that time, I think Brady will be doing color commentary. Brady's a dirty cheater, but he can definitely read defenses as well as any QB has ever been able to read them, and he definitely has a lot to offer about the "X's and O's."

Spelling note: the third vowel in "analyst" is a "y." "Analist," with an "i" as the third vowel, looks like... uh... it looks like you're saying something about what Mr. Wilson might like to do in his spare time.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I would really love to see the Hawks pick up Risner, bring back Britt, and draft a guard, then put on a pass protection clinic next year. It would just be too hilarious.