Geno's cooking is just better

Aircrew

Reaction score
I said it in a thread in the GameDay chat, but it bears repeating: Geno is reading defenses and commanding the team at the line of scrimmage simply better than Russ ever did, even at his peak, and by an order of magnitude.

Multiple times, over every game this season, he's basically called his play at the line. He's seeing the completions before they happen.

To reiterate what I also said in that other thread: I still don't necessarily buy Geno as a long term 'solution' or anything, but pre-snap and at the LOS, he's playing as well as (or better) than any QB in the entire NFL.
Agreed.

chrispy

Reaction score
It's time for Geno to open a restaurant. ...fine cuisine.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I don't care about the Wilson comparison. But I hope this puts an end to people calling for Lock to start. And look, despite getting crap for saying it, I still think Geno could be the long-term solution at QB.
I don't know why I can't pull the trigger on thinking Geno is a long-term solution. He's playing very well this year and he was actually decent taking over for Russ last year. The turn around in offensive efficiency has been amazing.

I'm just not there yet. If he's still playing like this at the halfway point? I'll definitely have to re-evaluate my stance.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I don't know why I can't pull the trigger on thinking Geno is a long-term solution. He's playing very well this year and he was actually decent taking over for Russ last year. The turn around in offensive efficiency has been amazing.

I'm just not there yet. If he's still playing like this at the halfway point? I'll definitely have to re-evaluate my stance.
This is a fair and reasonable take. He's playing well, let's see more of it.

toffee

Reaction score
Well, Geno is from the South and it's a scientifically proven fact that the home cooking is just better there.
As a self proclaimed southerner, I concur! Even here in SoCal, I often made effort to frequent soul food restaurants just for some southern cooking.

samwize77

Reaction score
I'll say this right up front. I was NOT a fan of Geno going in.

But, to this point, I'll eat my crow. Geno did well yesterday. How can you not appreciate that? What do I hope for from Geno going forward? Consistency. I can most certainly live with that. I am impressed with his football IQ. He seems to really know defenses.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, crow recipes everywhere. Maybe in the crock pot. He is def. locked in. (no pun intended)
Didn't see it coming at all, and I'm good with that. Shoot, this week I'll call him geYES instead of geNO

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I watched Geno's post game pressers including an interview on the field (dressed in street clothes) and he was articulate, thoughtful, and authentic.

Plus, I loved the suit, he looked sharp and classy. Color me impressed!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Now if he carves up the Saints defense? That would be next level. This Hawks offense is locked in. And the O Line is DAMN GOOD at opening holes for the RB's.

GemCity

Reaction score
Yay

Attachments

• A2F4F381-943D-468C-921F-649DD20F7213.jpeg
    A2F4F381-943D-468C-921F-649DD20F7213.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1