Flynn traded for 2 picks - via Glazer/Twitter

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Atradees":i586slfy said:
Yes. This is me. This is not a brilliant FO decision. Feel free to spin away, We could have easily done better. This is one good ol boy doing

another a favor. OK I have vented. Thank you. Lets go win the Superbowl with no back up at all. It would be too easy to have anyway.

In hinsight Aaron Curry was more valuable than Matt Flynn, Ridiculous.

Quick.. name the Giants and Ravens backup QB's.

Flynn -can- play the position, but not if Wilson stays on the field the whole time.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1t2lxpih said:
So, are we going to draft a rookie or pick up a FA now? We don't have another QB on the roster.....If Wilson gets hurt, we are screwed...

If Wilson gets hurt we are screwed whether our backup is Flynn, Vince Young, Colt MCCoy, a rookie, etc....

Luckily, even though he's a running QB he's a smart runnin QB who doesnt put himself in position to take big hits. I can only remember 1 or 2 hits he took last year where I was even slightly concerned.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I like the trade. Of course it does matter what round the picks come in, but we didn't need more picks this year so getting two picks in future drafts, I think, is great.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Pete Carroll‏@PeteCarroll9m
We've got Jim Zorn & Dave Krieg coming in for a workout on Tues... Both are great competitors & their film looks awesome

CANHawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":15fd0qie said:
CANHawk":15fd0qie said:
WE HAVE A BACKUP QUARTERBACK AND HIS NAME IS JOSH!!

slamming.gif

If you're referring to Josh Portis, isn't he in the CFL?
yeah probably. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to use the Traumahawk slamming phone meme.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Schefter is reporting we might sign Matt Leinart

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":35qgqylj said:
Schefter is reporting we might sign Matt Leinart

Hope this is just the tired "USC guy + Pete Carroll" speculation

GCrow

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2hr8evwq said:
Our resident Canadian doesn't even know that Portis is on the Argonauts roster. For Shame.....

Go Bombers!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I KNOW Russell is very careful; I KNOW we are screwed if we lose him no matter who is the back up. So, who is going to be the back up QB? Will we draft or pick up a FA? Michael Robinson? You may not ever use a back up to win games but you do need someone to go in during scrub time...Just sayin...

DaveyP

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2t0gh5gw said:
Our resident Canadian doesn't even know that Portis is on the Argonauts roster. For Shame.....

I'm a big CFL fan, live in Toronto, and didn't know that either.

Edit: WHOOPS WRONG QUOTE BUTTON

Hawks46

Reaction score
"I think thats because the move was more about Flynn, and maintaining the Hawks rep of doing right by their players, than anything else. It was a freebie year for the Hawks"

This is all I can really think of that makes sense. We're becoming a desired FA destination, and this is a big reason why.

As for the actual compensation, I get the above reason, and I get the business aspect of it (cap ramifications, etc.), but I don't like the picks we got if they're after a 4th rounder. All it takes is one guy rolling into Wilson's knee, and our season is tanked. I don't see a viable FA pickup for a backup, and the draft looks sparse so really, what are our options ? I'm guessing they have a plan, so we'll have to wait and see.

mikeak

Reaction score
Leinart????????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rumored by Chris Mortenson - please let this be april fools joke

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2aklfpd0 said:
GoHawks":2aklfpd0 said:
Tony Nipert‏@TNipert132m
@DavisHsuSeattle @FieldGulls heard from Cables son we are getting a 5th in 14 and most likely a 5th in 15. Just what he's told me.

If that's honestly the package of what the Hawks are getting back ... then let's call this what it is -- a salary dump. With a team that looks poised to go to the Super Bowl this year, I don't like this. It just feels like Flynn's value to this team (having a competent back-up who can actually win you some games) this year is worth far more than that.

I feel like two fifths is a major steal for us . . .

Veilside

Reaction score
CHawks4L":29oiql9z said:
One positive I haven't heard about our FO is their willingness to accommodate the partner to make a mutually beneficial deal. Some are judging our trades/deals independently, and saying we got "fleeced" or whatever. Not true at all. Our FO is becoming amongst the best at simply being fair. More teams are entrusting JS because he is not trying to "win" every deal. Our FO rocks for all involved, players, staff and other teams. We allow our staff to interview elsewhere. We promote growth for every player, coach, executive and janitor. When JS asks a guy to come in for a one year deal and make the most of it, they trust he will come through next year. Not only is this good business, it's good karma and I'm pleased to be a 12th man behind this organization. I'll let some other teams "fleece" inferior organizations for individual deals, and deny their staff opportunities because come draft day, when a trade needs to be executed within minutes... JS makes a call, he's got a good rep and the GM on the other end will be much less apprehensive to our motives.

One Proud 12th Man!!! We make 5th round picks as effective as other teams make their 2nd rounders...

:13:

Latest posts