Flynn traded for 2 picks - via Glazer/Twitter

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
So glad we are done with posts about getting a first rounder or something close for Flynn. Those were really getting on my nerves

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1z1b1lyq said:
pehawk":1z1b1lyq said:
This leads me to belive the deal was more about giving Flynn a chance to start, more than anything else. I know there's thinking that maybe this frees up money for Kam, but I'm not sure Kam would get more on the open market.

Not this again...

:229031_cheers:

Hey, I said I'd wait for details to emerge on compensation. Now, if there's no extensions because of the Flynntastic savings, I'll KNOW I'm right (at least I'll say that).

And congrats to English! While you didn't harpoon him, sending your white whale to the USFL, has to feel nice.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1c0pr73l said:
Hasselbeck":1c0pr73l said:
Best of luck to you Flynn. Guessing we draft a Matt Scott and bring Thigpen on board for cheap.

Thigpen? look, we get it - you hate russell Wilson, but Thigpen?

Knock it off man. For real.

I'm feverishly writing a months worth of "Start Tyler Thigpen" material. :stirthepot:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Charlie Whitehurst managed to get a 3rd rounder out of us, but Flynn can only net 2 future late rounders? Weird.

Atradees

Reaction score
ahhhhh. This trade sucks. I am not buying ramped homeristic arguement. Should have gotten a lousy third round pick for him at least.

We dont need anymore late round picks. McKenzie fleeced us. We were jobbed. Bummer.

I am hopping we dont get any of the current vets. A rookie would be better.

BTW some of you should contact a shrink Tavaris Jackson and Seneca Wallace are two of worst QBs in the NFL.

mikeak

Reaction score
pehawk":2e5r6jcf said:
Hey, I said I'd wait details to emerge on compensation. Now, if there's no extensions because of the Flynntastic savings, Ill KNOW I'm right (at least I'll say that).

If we don't resign any person on our roster over the next TWO years I agree you were right...........

Basis4day

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2x5lq76a said:
Charlie Whitehurst managed to get a 3rd rounder out of us, but Flynn can only net 2 future late rounders? Weird.

Blame Kevin Kolb for that. NFL trends work like that. I wasn't expecting to get much out of him in trade value. Had we not signed Harvin, Avril and Bennett i'm sure they would have kept him around a bit longer.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Atradees":3f79vck0 said:
ahhhhh. This trade sucks. I am not buying ramped homeristic arguement. Should have gotten a lousy third round pick for him at least.

We dont need anymore late round picks. McKenzie fleeced us. We were jobbed. Bummer.

Fleeced us how? McKenzie was a part of the front office who drafted Flynn in the first place - if that's all they were willing to give, that was probably the market value.

Contrary to belief, every guy on the Seahawks roster isn't worth an auto 1st.

The Raiders gave us financial relief to begin to retain some key pieces on D.. and maybe add another vet on the cheap before camp starts. We were far from fleeced.

pehawk

Reaction score
mikeak":z4fxbk24 said:
pehawk":z4fxbk24 said:
Hey, I said I'd wait details to emerge on compensation. Now, if there's no extensions because of the Flynntastic savings, Ill KNOW I'm right (at least I'll say that).

If we don't resign any person on our roster over the next TWO years I agree you were right...........

That's ignorant of the fact the Seahawks didn't HAVE to assume risk this year. Risk equaling a back-up who can muster a 3-1 record IF Wilson we're to miss a month, maybe. It's a risk they didn't have to take on this year.

Next year is next year. ALOT can and will change via extensions, cuts, restructures, etc. I get it, the cap rolls over now.

Atradees

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":9vw9j2ry said:
Atradees":9vw9j2ry said:

Fleeced us how? McKenzie was a part of the front office who drafted Flynn in the first place - if that's all they were willing to give, that was probably the market value.

Contrary to belief, every guy on the Seahawks roster isn't worth an auto 1st.

The Raiders gave us financial relief to begin to retain some key pieces on D.. and maybe add another vet on the cheap before camp starts. We were far from fleeced.

Flynn can play his position. Thats how we were fleeced. QBs are a premium in this league. You are not going to replace Flynn with a late pick. We lost value and the salary was actually not that big. It would have been better to restructure Bryant, Miller or Clemons.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Tony Nipert‏@TNipert132m
@DavisHsuSeattle @FieldGulls heard from Cables son we are getting a 5th in 14 and most likely a 5th in 15. Just what he's told me.

aawolf

Reaction score
If the best we got was two future late-round picks, I'd say we should have kept him another year. If we use the saved cap room to get a decent backup via trade or free-agency, then no harm/no foul. I hope we do get two quality players out of this deal for THIS YEAR's team.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Atradees":33qh3atx said:

BTW some of you should contact a shrink Tavaris Jackson and Seneca Wallace are two of worst QBs in the NFL.
:240039:

:angry017:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Basis4day":3oyhye3e said:
-The Glove-":3oyhye3e said:

Blame Kevin Kolb for that. NFL trends work like that. I wasn't expecting to get much out of him in trade value. Had we not signed Harvin, Avril and Bennett i'm sure they would have kept him around a bit longer.

That's what I just told my coworker. After Kolb, it seems that teams are more hesitant to take a risk on an unproven Vet.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Atradees":2zl5kpvg said:
Flynn can play his position. Thats how we were fleeced. QBs are a premium in this league. You are not going to replace Flynn with a late pick.

He doesn't really fit the system anymore, though. I would rather have Matt Scott (for example) because I think between our coaches and Russell Wilson, we can get the guy ready to win immediately in the NFL, plus it saves money and the guy will fit in with our run-heavy game that uses the read-option and pistol as regular looks.

I do agree that Flynn can play his position, but every situation is different. He is worth more to us gone than here, IMO. And frankly, the market for non-proven-starter QBs has been depressed since Kevin Kolb.

Atradees

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2mk25cgs said:
Atradees":2mk25cgs said:

:240039:

:angry017:

Yes. This is me. This is not a brilliant FO decision. Feel free to spin away, We could have easily done better. This is one good ol boy doing

another a favor. OK I have vented. Thank you. Lets go win the Superbowl with no back up at all. It would be too easy to have anyway.

In hinsight Aaron Curry was more valuable than Matt Flynn, Ridiculous.