Clint Hurtt via Pete Carroll

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Remember when Adams was scapgoated just a few weeks ago by Pete for this mess?

Yeah, they're now worse.

getnasty

Reaction score
I just.checked if there was a definition change since 35 years ago. There isn't.

https://footballadvantage.com/what-is-the-box-in-football/

"In the box" is the width of the OL including inline TEs and extends 3-5 yards from the LOS.

What definition are you using that counts DBs 10 yards deep and/or lined up across from slots and wides?
If your not counting people outside of the tackles then Your 5 would be my 7. I would consider a DE or 3-4 OLB to be in the box eventhough they line up outside the tackle.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
The funny thing is, the defense is objectively bad. It's not a narrative, but reality.

renofox

Reaction score
If your not counting people outside of the tackles then Your 5 would be my 7. I would consider a DE or 3-4 OLB to be in the box eventhough they line up outside the tackle.
That's why I provided.you the definition. We were talking past each other because of different perspectives.

On the last Stealer drive they did go mostly 7 but some 6 in the box under the technical definition. I did not see even one 8.

The 2nd drive was almost all 5 with a little 6. The 3rd drive was mostly 6 with some 5. I did not notice even one 7 until the 4th drive.

When it takes 3 possessions of getting gashed to slowly ease from a 5 to a 7 and never use 8? You're doing it wrong.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I did. Check my Did Geno Eat some Meat thread.
That's just funny AF

This "defense" gave up 145 yards in the first half. The Steelers are on pace to gain 300 yards ?

The offense can at least hold their own for the most part.

The defense IS the narrative.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Pete and Hurtt getting punk'd by Mason Rudolph, 3rd string QB. At home!