Lefko: 2 that picks will make/break their ’23 draft class

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good read. Hope to hear more from Lefko.

Two Seahawks picks will make or break their ’23 draft class

BY MIKE LEFKO -- Producer, Wyman and Bob: 2-7 p.m. on Seattle Sports

Derick Hall, the No. 37 overall pick in the second round out of Auburn, brings instant athleticism to a position that requires it in spades.

Bruce Feldman, national college football insider for The Athletic, told Wyman and Bob that Derick Hall has all the traits you want from that position. “I feel like he got lost in the shuffle a little bit because Auburn got so bad in the last couple of years,” Feldman said. “I think the NFL knew that he was a pretty elite athlete.”

Matt Miller on Hall; “This is the juice they needed on the outside." “What they needed was speed, they need burst, and he has that. His ability using his first-step quickness to beat you, to use those long arms and convert that speed to power is really, really good.”

Cameron Young:

“He’s a grown man…real long, real heavy hands, good instincts. When you speak to him, you feel like you’re speaking to a 40 year old,” Schneider said. “He’s a grown man you would never mess with. I met him at the Senior Bowl with his agent (and) I told him, ‘Hey, great job with our interview, our guys were really, really impressed with you,’ and he looked at me like, ‘Great, so what.’”

toffee

Reaction score
If these two will be this year's Tariq Woolen, our team will go places. No doubt about it.

GO Hawks.

chrispy

Reaction score
If we take for granted that both 1st rounders start (which we shouldn't...), and that borh, or either, of the 2 new RBs contribute significantly (which we shouldn't), and that both or either of the rookie IOLs contribute (again, same) then yes, absolutely: the additions on D will be a difference maker. But, before rookie camp last year, no one predicted Woolen would be the singular piece that catapulted the off season to great instead of good.

My personal perspective is that I hope there aren't any big negative surprises in the rookie class and that PCs Always Compete environment brings out 1 or 2 diamonds in the rough. Who and where and when and how much...is an aspect of being a Seahawk fan that we get to enjoy more than any other team. Woolen, last year, was almost like watching my kids learn to walk but, over the course of the year, progressing to a marathon runner. He wouldn't have even had snaps with the starting D on most teams. I think there are about 8 players that could be that piece this year and in Seattle, they'll all have their shot.

Last edited:

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
If we take for granted that both 1st rounders start (which we shouldn't...), and that borh, or either, of the 2 new RBs contribute significantly (which we shouldn't), and that both or either of the rookie IOLs contribute (again, same) then yes, absolutely: the additions on D will be a difference maker. But, before rookie camp last year, no one predicted Woolen would be the singular piece that catapulted the off season to great instead of good.

My personal perspective is that I hope there aren't any big negative surprises in the rookie class and that PCs Always Compete environment brings out 1 or 2 diamonds in the rough. Who and where and when and how much...is an aspect of being a Seahawk fan that we get to enjoy more than any other team. Woolen, last year, was almost like watching my kids learn to walk but, over the course of the year, progressing to a marathon runner. He wouldn't have even had snaps with the starting O on most teams. I think there are about 8 players that could be that piece this year and in Seattle, they'll all have their shot.
How many snaps did he have with the starting O?😜

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Some good stuff on Derick Hall:

BROCK AND SALK-Cole Cubelic (ESPN, SEC Network), Jeff Passan (ESPN)

Brock & Salk are joined by former Auburn Tiger and current SEC Network analyst Cole Cubelic to learn about Seahawks draft pick Derick Hall.

Our weekly Tuesday guest Jeff Passan shares what he believes is the reason for the offensive struggles.